Team-BHP - Tata Aria Exterior Grilled: DeINDICAization of the Aria
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Tata Aria Exterior Grilled: DeINDICAization of the Aria (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/117110-tata-aria-exterior-grilled-deindicaization-aria.html)

Hi All,
I am considering some exterior modifications for my Tata Aria pride, specially the front grill aspect which typically reminds me of it siblings Indica and manza.

Tata Aria Exterior Grilled: DeINDICAization of the Aria-aria1.jpg
The Aria in its current shape

Tata Aria Exterior Grilled: DeINDICAization of the Aria-ariagrill-painted.jpg
With the grill painted black- looks better now

Chapter 1
I did some research and got suggestions with regards to wire mess grill. A MS paint look of the same is here

Tata Aria Exterior Grilled: DeINDICAization of the Aria-grill.jpg
Copy cat grill (Picture courtesy: GTO's Aria review)

Tata Aria Exterior Grilled: DeINDICAization of the Aria-split-grill.jpg
Another copy cat grill

Chapter 2
I went to a local workshop in Todapur, ND who suggested replacing the front grill with that of Merc C or M class or BMW X5 or the lexus. This is what it will look like

Tata Aria Exterior Grilled: DeINDICAization of the Aria-bmw.jpg
Aria with BMW grills

Wont it look cheap a 18lac car trying to copy a luxury SUV?

Chapter 3
Called up Autopsyche, Gurgaon and got suggestions like smoked headlights and angle eyes.
This idea has clicked my mind. If not good it wont look bad either

Chapter 4
Next what, met Mr Amit of AGM technologies

Welcome to :::: AGM TECHNOLOGIES Official Website ::::

who did some excellent job with the Innova, but the most of the exterior job posted at the website isnt inspiring either.

He suggested redesigning the front grill, the front bumper grill and horizontal tail lamps. It also means that i ll be without my car for close to a month and it seems to cost me a bomb (the price of the exterior mod of innova is close to 3 lacs).

Chapter 5
Next i met a friend of mine who has a happens to be a 3D sculptor artist who suggested changing the front and bumper grill to make it resemble the face of a cats family

Tata Aria Exterior Grilled: DeINDICAization of the Aria-grill-art-lion.jpg
An artists impression of the whiskers of big cats

Tata Aria Exterior Grilled: DeINDICAization of the Aria-grill-art1.jpg
Front top and bumper grill design

Tata Aria Exterior Grilled: DeINDICAization of the Aria-grill-art-2.jpg
Tata Aria Exterior Grilled: DeINDICAization of the Aria-grill-art-3.jpg

With too many suggestions and too little confidence :confused: i am really confused what to do. And i dont want my car to land up with the "Pics of weird and wacky mod jobs" thread.:D http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-mod-jobs.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by bravo82in (Post 2706891)
With too many suggestions and too little confidence i am really confused what to do.

If you are not confident and are confused, my suggestion would be to leave it as it is. It does not look too bad and i kind-of like it. Apart from this, there is absolutely no harm in Aria looking like Indica (Although i must add, it looks quiet different, and is a good looker).

The money you would spend on Not so sure+Confused mod like this can be better spent elsewhere, as the results could be worse then what you already have.

My 0.02$.

Aria is a Tata and tata is associated with indica and quite rightly so because it is their most successful product and so you just cant wish away the indica from a tata product.

Coming to the Aria, isnt it beautiful as it is? Why this modification itch? There arent many Arias out there and it surely stands out with its bulk and novelty factor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 (Post 2706904)
If you are not confident and are confused, my suggestion would be to leave it as it is.
My 0.02$.

I had dropped the idea a month back then i happen to visit thread of some beautifully modified corolla and cruz and the thought of going for a change is again creeping my mind.

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks

happy to see one who really wanted to change ARIA grill..even i hate it just because it reminds me of Manza or indica.. keep going..all the best..will await to see whats the final outcome

The wire mesh grill gives the Aria a lot of aggression and character, if you can get/fabricate a perfectly matching wire-mesh grill which is just a bolt-on job then I suggest you to go for it.

The rest of the designs do not match the car. Removing Tata logo from front would also be a good idea. And replacing the horizontal grill with vertical grill design would also be a great idea. Would give the Aria a lot of bling since instead of 3 horizontal grill you would have 9-10 smaller vertical grills.

I second the general consensus here. Don't fix it, the Aria is one good looking vehicle.

And if your modification itch is so bad, get a spare grille and powder coat it in black/ body colour instead of the chrome.

I have a feeling, it will look good. And the best part is, it will be quick and cheap solution and you can revert back to stock with ease. All the best!

The second image (modification with the grill borders blackened out) looks amazing. :)

You could give this a try. :thumbs up

Rohan

PLease just go with what Autopsyche has suggested . Go for smoked lamps . Nice alloys . maybe a font bumper lip to remove that curved look . And if you want go with a nice matt gun metal paint for the entire car to make it look stealth . BUt please dont make changes to teh grill and make it look like something else . It looks nice the way it it . These changes that you plan to do on the grill might just mess up the beauty of this beast .

See if you can have honeycomb mesh grill like Swift. Looks decent I think. Would also remove the pointedness of the Aria Grill.
But please dont to a Merc or BMW look alike :)

Put whatever you want. But, please don't go with those BMW grills. It looks so wanna be. You will get smirks instead of looks.

Except for the blackened grille, all other mods would surely route your car to the "weird and wacky mods" thread here.:uncontrol

If differentiating her from her other siblings is a need, please just go ahead with the blackening part, would help to keep her distinguished yet classy.

This way it won't hurt your pocket much, and you can spend some in getting a new set of alloys and shoes to complement her !

play around with the black vinyl paper they have at sticker shops before doing anything permanent to the grille :)

I second GREENHORN. I feel the 1st mod with body coloured grill borders will look good. But before doing permanent changes try playing around with coloured stickers to get a feel of the change. If you like it, then go ahead and do it.

Go for the smoked headlight wherein just the projector & high beam reflector are seen. It will look much better than changing the grill alltogether.