Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2013, 14:16   #16
BHPian

Re: My pre-worshipped, Super-Chipped Ford Fiesta 1.6S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinidhi View Post
Hi Kumar,
I would like to know where did you purchase Super chip and since its been close to an year since you got it installed, I would like to know any pros and cons after the mod. I live in Bangalore. If you can give me details about the chip, I would like to try it out on my car.

-Nidhi
I had done the SuperChip Re-mapping from N1 Racing in Mumbai and I am not aware where it can be done in Banglore. There are others that do Re-mapping for fiesta 1.6s. In my case I have done remapping from a UK based Company called SuperChip and I did not buy any chip. It has uploaded the new modified map on the Stock ECM. So far I have not found any cons (touch wood). The car is a lot smoother as compared to stock and the less gear change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupai View Post
Heartiest congratulation for aquiring this awesome car.

But I have one noob question. In your post, you mentioned that you gained 8 BHP, But according to superchips website, the chip alone will give you a 37 BHP. Am I getting something wrong?
Thanks. Regarding to your question, the 37Bhp that you mentioned can be obtained when the car has turbo and that kind of gain is not possible in NA car just by remapping. My gain is 8HP at Wheels that is different as compared to BHP at Crank. I hope I have answered your question with the limited knowledge I have.

Last edited by kumar_ranjan : 1st February 2013 at 14:26.
kumar_ranjan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2013, 14:31   #17
BHPian

Lovely car you have there.
This is my dream car and exactly in the colour I want.

I so want to get a pre worshipped 1.6S in this colour and then play with it with some mods. It is just a perfect car, looks good, handles really well in stock spec. All you need is to plonk some more horse power and this can become a wonderfull fun as well as daily drive.

One word Beautiful.
Please consider me when you plan to sell this babe.

Cheers.
Old 1st February 2013, 14:34   #18

Thanks for clearing my doubts. Wish you many happy miles ahead. And do keep us updated about future upgrades.
Old 1st February 2013, 14:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_ranjan View Post
I did not buy any chip. It has uploaded the new modified map on the Stock ECM. So far I have not found any cons (touch wood). The car is a lot smoother as compared to stock and the less gear change.
Oh! thanks for the clarification. I thought it is something like tuning box. If you could elaborate on how the procedure was done, it would be great so that we could also give it a try.

-Nidhi
Old 4th February 2013, 13:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupai View Post
Thanks for clearing my doubts. Wish you many happy miles ahead. And do keep us updated about future upgrades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Lovely car you have there.
Please consider me when you plan to sell this babe.
Cheers.
Thanks for your comments.
Sure will consider you when I plan to sell this babe (I do not think it will happen soon .

Quote:
Oh! thanks for the clarification. I thought it is something like tuning box. If you could elaborate on how the procedure was done, it would be great so that we could also give it a try.

-Nidhi
The process is like this, there is software that reads the current map and save it. Then that map is sent to the company in UK and they change the various parameters and sent back 2 or 3 different maps. Then the installer load each map and sees which map is best suited to your requirement and then finalizes the map that suits the most.
Old 4th February 2013, 14:13   #21
BANNED

The Fiesta S is just about the best driver's car in the sub 10 L bracket till this date. The steering feedback which is the single most important factor when pushing a car to its limit is perfect in a Fizz. All other performance cars have electric steering and some additional irritant or other:

The Civic - high cost and poor ground clearance
The Cedia- rare and therefore rarer spares
The Fabia 1.6- Its a Skoda:
The City - Steering at higher speeds is not confidence inspiring
Any other - I can think of any other car as reliable, sporty, low on maintenance as the Fiesta S

Any thoughts fellow Bhpians?
Old 4th February 2013, 15:12   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
The Fiesta S is just about the best driver's car in the sub 10 L bracket till this date. .
There is no doubt the Fiesta is an excellent driver's car this side of 10L. SO, you've got that right. The reviews and feedback from owners like yourself is a reflection of the Fiesta's.

What I did not understand is why does being a Skoda deter a good car (I think so, which is why I bought one... not vice versa) from being put against some performers in that segment. Remember, the vRS comes from the same stable so being a Skoda should not be a problem I guess? Maintenance costs are another thing and I do not KNOW how "cheap" it is to maintain a Fiesta either.

Since you bring up a comparison of a sub-10lakh car, I thought this link may interest you:

http://www.overdrive.in/details/225/...akh-track-test

And for number's sake.. do compare the track times for a jolt.

While these numbers rarely mean anything to the common man (me), as a Fabia 1.6 owner myself, I'd like to make sure that I do my bit with justification as to why I "feel" the Fabia 1.6 is a worthy competitor.

Last edited by mempheS.D : 4th February 2013 at 15:14.
mempheS.D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 16:30   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely color. Would love to hear the exhaust note. Please do record one and upload on you tube + share the link.
Old 5th February 2013, 11:23   #24
BHPian

Fabia 1.6 is a good petrol performance car no doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
http://www.overdrive.in/details/225/...akh-track-test

And for number's sake.. do compare the track times for a jolt.
But, People should not judge the performance of a car by its track timings alone because when we did a track day in MMST a certain maruti 800 was almost back of a peted elantra but on highway its a different story.
How many days/yr will a common man drive on track?

Last edited by brraj : 5th February 2013 at 11:30.
Old 5th February 2013, 12:29   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
But, People should not judge the performance of a car by its track timings alone because when we did a track day in MMST .

How many days/yr will a common man drive on track?
Exactly my point of view that I stated !!!!!

Quote:
While these numbers rarely mean anything to the common man (me), as a Fabia 1.6 owner myself, I'd like to make sure that I do my bit with justification as to why I "feel" the Fabia 1.6 is a worthy competitor.
Old 5th February 2013, 14:17   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Kumar,

I was looking at remapping my car and happened to stumble upon your thread. I also drive a Fiesta 1.6S. Currently its running on Green Cotton stock replacement filter and free flow. I would like to know where did you purchase Super chip and since its been close to an year since you got it installed, I would like to know any pros and cons after the mod. I live in Bangalore. If you can give me details about the chip, I would like to try it out on my car.

-Nidhi
Hi Srinidhi,
You can get in touch with RedRoosterPerformance(Whitefield) for this remapping. I did get in touch with them for my car (though i haven't got a chance to tweak my car yet) and they have difference packages as per the requirements.They were offering some discounts as well in Jan (abt 20%).
Keep us updated if you get a chance to meet them up for the tweaks.
contacts:drive@redroosterperformance.com
Thnks
Gokul
Old 5th February 2013, 19:47   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Fiesta S is just about the best driver's car in the sub 10 L bracket till this date. The steering feedback which is the single most important factor when pushing a car to its limit is perfect in a Fizz. All other performance cars have electric steering and some additional irritant or other:

The Civic - high cost and poor ground clearance
The Cedia- rare and therefore rarer spares
The City - Steering at higher speeds is not confidence inspiring
Any other - I can think of any other car as reliable, sporty, low on maintenance as the Fiesta S

While I agree with your statement above, I wonder how you missed out the Linea T-Jet? I believe it has an equally good steering feel, apart from performance. The Fiesta S may however have an edge in low end grunt, as it does take time for the turbo to spool on the T-Jet.
Old 7th February 2013, 10:29   #28
BANNED

Quote:
There is no doubt the Fiesta is an excellent driver's car this side of 10L.
What I did not understand is why does being a Skoda deter a good car for a jolt.

While these numbers rarely mean anything . I do my bit with justification as to why I "feel" the Fabia 1.6 is a worthy competitor.
As you have correctly mentioned, the Skoda is expensive for spares and service. Also the Skoda people are very snooty and difficult to deal with. I have personal experience. The Ford people in general are better, spares and service are cheaper.
The Fiesta S is not just fast but handles better than all other cars under 10 L. It has the advantage over a hot hatch since it is a regular sedan ' to boot'.
Old 7th February 2013, 12:30   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Also the Skoda people are very snooty and difficult to deal with. I have personal experience. The Ford people in general are better, spares and service are cheaper.
Totally OT: I for one am yet to face the 'snoot' with Skoda India over 2 years of proud ownership so I ll go by my personal experience and rate it as GOOD. On the contrary, a close friend has had bitter experiences with Ford ownership and has vowed never to go back again. That wouldn't stop me from looking at Ford India because they so have some nice steeds in the stable. Especially the much awaited ecoboost that we are all waiting.

So for thread health sake and since this one's dedicated to just the Fiestas, I ll just say we talk about Fiestas here.. And like I mentioned, it is a great car. Just that a superlative cannot be imposed since there are various factors to be judged in a comparo.
Old 5th December 2014, 12:50   #30
BHPian

Ford Fiesta 1.6 Duratec Performance Mods - Need Help!!!

My wife drives a Ford Fiesta (Classic) 1.6 which is now 3 years old. As I will be buying her a new car soon, I have been toying with the idea of not selling this car and making it into my occasional drive to the office car. I normally use bikes for my daily commute as they are so much more convenient to use and is a great stress reliever.

Here let me confess something; I am a hardcore 'performance' and 'trick out' junkie. I have been eyeing my wife's car and have been itching to get working on it. But alas, my wife had a firm 'hands off my car' policy. She would not let me touch the car till I got her a new one. Now after 3 years I will finally get a chance to work on this car.

I am in bit of quandary and need some information. As with my bikes, my first set of performance upgrades will entail an aftermarket air filter, performance exhaust and a ECU remap. I had narrowed my choice of performance to Milltek exhaust. I even contacted Pete's to inquire about a suitable exhaust system for the car. Unfortunately I have been informed that Milltek has stop producing exhaust systems for this particular model. I was told that I could opt for a Automech exhaust system.

I am not too keen for the Automech exhaust. Is there any other full exhaust system that would be a bolt on for this car? While I am looking for some decent increase in power, I am not looking for exhaust that will wake up the whole neighbourhood.

Most Viewed