Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2017, 13:06   #3751
BHPian

Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragh_bhushan View Post
Wow! Any idea on the costs? I would love to do this on my TFort someday.
I don't know the costs involved, saw this on Instagram.

But having gone through the Ironman product catalogue the struts alone are priced at $550 for all four. Add to it the cost of the accompanying parts and labour must've easily costed ₹90k for the suspension itself. Say another 30-50k for the Custom ECU remap and ₹1lakh for the wheels and tyres. Another 20-30k for the wide body fender flares, raptor grille and blacking put the chrome. You're probably looking at ~3 lakh worth of mods on that Endeavour.

EDIT : Fender flares cost like $150 for all four on Aliexpress. The raptor grille costs $160 on Aliexpress.

Last edited by Shanksta : 15th April 2017 at 13:11.
Shanksta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2017, 18:31   #3752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishc100 View Post
India's First Restomodded Suzuki Alto Gen-i/ Ss80.
Can we have some more pics please? Really tastefully done. Can't beleive it's not a KL registered car.
If you must find fault with it, I would say the mirrors. a bit more squarish ones would have gelled better with the car. But otherwise a fantastic job.
Old 18th April 2017, 23:19   #3753
BHPian

Quote:
India's First Restomodded Suzuki Alto Gen-i/ Ss80.
Here are some more pics and details:
  • Projector Headlamps with DRLS.
  • Modified front grill with asymmetrical placement of SUZUKI badge.
  • Carbon Fibre Lip Spoiler at front and back.
  • Tata Nano Side mirrors
  • LED tail lamps.
  • Re profiled rear bumper with carbon fiber top spoiler and DRL reversing lamp.
  • Bigger and fatter tyres with alloy wheels
  • Standalone tachometer
  • New center console with heater, AC, analogue clock and charging socket.
  • Power steering (Not confirmed)
  • Leather seats and modified door pads.
  • Re-designed dashboard and glove box with cooling.
  • Alto leather wrapped steering wheel.
  • Alto badging on front fenders.
Apart from the Nano mirrors this is one hell of an awesome job. It is rumored that the job took two years to complete, but it is completely worth it. Absolute drool worthy.

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-restomoddedmarutiss80modified1.jpg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-restomoddedmarutiss80modified5.jpg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-restomoddedmarutiss80modified10.jpg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-restomoddedmarutiss80modified12.jpg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-restomoddedmarutiss80modifiedbeforeafter.jpg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-restomoddedmarutiss80modifiedheadlamps.jpg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-restomoddedmarutiss80modifiedinterior1.jpg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-restomoddedmarutiss80modifiedinterior2.jpg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-restomoddedmarutiss80modifiedinterior3.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Just a few cosmetic touches on my cousin's Tiago, hope it qualifies here
IMO if the strip would have been not applied on bumpers, it would have looked much better. The alloys perfectly complement the bronze / orange colour.

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th April 2017 at 12:58. Reason: Inserting the original pic in the quote (linking directly here from facebook). Thanks.
PraNeel is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 09:47   #3754
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ A very well modded car except for that crappy Nano ORVMs. Am sure someone with this detailed eye could have chosen a better one.
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 10:04   #3755
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
^^ A very well modded car except for that crappy Nano ORVMs. Am sure someone with this detailed eye could have chosen a better one.
Lovely mod that is, except for the LEDs and those ORVMs. I dont think its the ORVMs that are wrong as much as the placement, no?
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 10:38   #3756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Lovely mod that is, except for the LEDs and those ORVMs. I dont think its the ORVMs that are wrong as much as the placement, no?
I agree, those LEDs look out of place on a car that is 30+. Those Nano mirrors could only be placed where they are, which is why I think they're a wrong choice. A pair of retro fender mirrors would have looked better, I'm talking Japanese old school, not chrome finished plastic monstrosities.

Then again, each to his/her own. The owner or rather the modifier has the liberty to choose, some work and others don't. This particular car falls under the former, and that's just my opinion. Kudos for the perseverance and the attention to detail!
Old 19th April 2017, 15:06   #3757
BHPian

Stepping out for the first time:
PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-17966764_10154998874435428_6096245560963101099_o.jpg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-17952782_10154999090415428_8241776740516430786_n.jpg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-17917518_10154998875960428_2647754266965746252_o.jpg

Thanks for the inputs. The so called crappy ORVMs are the best one could find w.r.t the scale and proportions of the car. Help me source better ones and I shall attend to it. ;-)

Quote:
Thanks. Chrome and retro look was not we desired as we knew it would be a challenge to source and execute chrome parts especially when most body panels and modifications were being custom built.

The idea was to restore and modify it to make it worthy for next 10 years. A lot more work has been done which is actually under the hood and in the technical department which makes the car a small rocket in many senses. It was tedious, time& money consuming job which only could have been done if we took the modern approach rather then the retro/ restoration route as we all know the support we get in this country from automobile companies, component manufactures, vendors, fabricators etc. is more obstructive than collaborative.

The mods have been done to our vision and I respect the opinions I am getting but design and aesthetics are subjective and you very rightly said each to his/her own.

Kudos.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
I agree, those LEDs look out of place on a car that is 30+. Those Nano mirrors could only be placed where they are, which is why I think they're a wrong choice. A pair of retro fender mirrors would have looked better, I'm talking Japanese old school, not chrome finished plastic monstrosities.

Then again, each to his/her own. The owner or rather the modifier has the liberty to choose, some work and others don't. This particular car falls under the former, and that's just my opinion. Kudos for the perseverance and the attention to detail!
Some technical/ non visible mods for the folks still drooling over the pics.

1. Conversion of SS80 Engine from Carburetor to Fuel Injection using the same engine block with an ECU
2. Booster Assisted Brakes
3. Electronic Power Steering
4. HVAC System
5. New Gen Wiper Assembly and System
6. New Wiring Harness
7. 3 Point Retractable Seat Belts
8. Increased capacity fuel tank
9. Central Locking System
10. Custom built interior body paneling and carpetting
11. Ambient foot lighting
12. Poineer Stereo Headunit with Bluetooth connectivity
13. Polkaudio/ Rockfort Speakers

and numerous other small jobs that took 30 months to do....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Here are some more pics and details:

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th April 2017 at 13:02. Reason: Adding 3 more pics that you shared on FB to your post itself, rather than me posting them :)
ashishc100 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 11:26   #3758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am made to understand that you are Praneel's unofficial spokesperson.

In that case FYI Praneel tone of the message is not right. If he is so enquisite about the car & detailing, he needs to convey that in a more forthcoming way. I am quite settled down in the way I do and manage things and neither am i bothered whether anyone is interested in my car or not. I am doing it for the community and the love for machines and not for someones mood point. Period.

Ashish, (I guess that's your name )

The mods on the car are brilliant and very tastefully done, that's is the prime reason its here on this thread and I happen to see it getting forwarded in various watsapp groups.

I too love to restore things(has to be on two wheels though ) and I have many threads on this forum but my last documented restoration kind of brought a very bad taste in my mouth, no one liked the fact that I had to part with the bike I lovingly restored, sometimes things you restore don't connect with you, life is that way and the irony of the situation was, I was being criticized by the person the most who actually sold the bike to my friend, from whom I picked it up on a rather impulsive and boring Friday at work.

My point is simple, people who might pass on comment in the name of their right to comment on anything and everything are people who just do it due to the fact they feel they are entitled to do so, don't take an offence (easier said than done), you have created something brilliant, something people feel great while sharing with others. Great job!

If you have the time, please do share the story(everyone likes one) how you restored it and what challenges you faced, pics at each would be great, there would be many people like me who would give it 5 stars.

Cheers
Pramod

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th April 2017 at 11:36. Reason: Quoted post deleted
pramodkumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 23:54   #3759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahareddy View Post
Modulo Honda Spoiler (Lip)
Where did you procure the Spoiler from and how much did it cost ? I am looking for one for my City.
Old 25th April 2017, 17:38   #3760
BHPian

Thanks Pramodji, really appreciate your advise and shall abide by it. I am really humbled by your opinion and likes on the small restomod job done on my car.

As being requested by you and others I shall try documenting the entire restomod story in the coming days but owing to my professional committments and eternal laziness, it might take more time than expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Ashish, (I guess that's your name )

The mods on the car are brilliant and very tastefully done, that's is the prime reason its here on this thread and I happen to see it getting forwarded in various watsapp groups.

I too love to restore things(has to be on two wheels though ) and I have many threads on this forum but my last documented restoration kind of brought a very bad taste in my mouth, no one liked the fact that I had to part with the bike I lovingly restored, sometimes things you restore don't connect with you, life is that way and the irony of the situation was, I was being criticized by the person the most who actually sold the bike to my friend, from whom I picked it up on a rather impulsive and boring Friday at work.

My point is simple, people who might pass on comment in the name of their right to comment on anything and everything are people who just do it due to the fact they feel they are entitled to do so, don't take an offence (easier said than done), you have created something brilliant, something people feel great while sharing with others. Great job!

If you have the time, please do share the story(everyone likes one) how you restored it and what challenges you faced, pics at each would be great, there would be many people like me who would give it 5 stars.

Cheers
Pramod
ashishc100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 21:28   #3761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Where did you procure the Spoiler from and how much did it cost ? I am looking for one for my City.
Hello Altocumulus,

The rear spoiler can be sourced from the Honda dealer, from the official accessory list (best to get it done along with the delivery of the new car). Usually, it is a fitment (and probably painted too) done at dealer level. The cost depends from dealer to dealer, but it averages at around 9000-13000 rupees. (Not sure of the current dealer charges)

It is also available on eBay.in and Aliexpress.
Link 1 on ebay.in
Link 2 on ebay.in

Source: I have a 2014 City with a rear ducktail spoiler (that's what this is called, there is also an aero spoiler which is sold for Rs. 25k and an aero spoiler kit sold for Rs. 1 lakh) which I have purchased from the dealer.
Old 25th April 2017, 22:03   #3762
BHPian

Quote:

and numerous other small jobs that took 30 months to do....
A labour of love indeed. Really a beautiful resto mod in my opinion. The rear looks a little boy-racer-ish to me. But that just my view. The interior is just gorgeous.

Very well done.

Cheers mate!
Old 25th April 2017, 23:51   #3763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by themonster View Post
Hello Altocumulus,

The rear spoiler can be sourced from the Honda dealer, from the official accessory list (best to get it done along with the delivery of the new car). Usually, it is a fitment (and probably painted too) done at dealer level. The cost depends from dealer to dealer, but it averages at around 9000-13000 rupees. (Not sure of the current dealer charges)

It is also available on eBay.in and Aliexpress.
Link 1 on ebay.in
Link 2 on ebay.in

Source: I have a 2014 City with a rear ducktail spoiler (that's what this is called, there is also an aero spoiler which is sold for Rs. 25k and an aero spoiler kit sold for Rs. 1 lakh) which I have purchased from the dealer.
Thanks a lot. The dealer has quoted 11k however it has a stop light integrated which I am not interested in. I have a V which already has a stop light behind the rear windshield.

Thanks for links, however it seems it will be stuck with 3M tape. I am happy about that since no drilling will be required, however question is how long will it stay.
Old 26th April 2017, 00:21   #3764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Thanks a lot. The dealer has quoted 11k however it has a stop light integrated which I am not interested in. I have a V which already has a stop light behind the rear windshield.

Thanks for links, however it seems it will be stuck with 3M tape. I am happy about that since no drilling will be required, however question is how long will it stay.
Hello again Altocumulus,

I think the dealer is offering you the Aero spoiler (which has an integrated stop light, as well as a huge gap between the spoiler and the boot lid). You can request for a duck tail spoiler. It should be readily available as it is a commonly done mod by the dealers. (Your location says Bangalore if you don't succeed with one dealer, you can visit the next.)

If proper preparations are taken before application with 3M double sided tape like cleaning with soapy water and isopropyl alcohol, and also applying the tape on a cool surface in the absence of sunlight; Any product stuck with 3M double sided tape should be fine. Also, one more thing is that someone should not intentional use a lot of force to rip the spoiler off. (No offense to anyone in particular, but I can never underestimate the mindset of people walking on the roads.)
Old 27th April 2017, 18:32   #3765
BHPian

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

2011 Polo with a few mods. Pictures taken by Mahir Jhaveri.
PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1493298024.117985.jpgPICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1493298056.440194.jpg

Last edited by Ferrariwell : 27th April 2017 at 18:53.
Ferrariwell is offline   (16) Thanks

Most Viewed