Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2013, 00:47   #1276
BHPian

Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
My Dear Bhpians, after a lot of efforts i have finally revamped the front and rear of my Honda City Ivtec. Only thing left are the alloy wheels which i l do by deepawali. Please provide your comments and i hope that these pics of my car are better than previous pics of it. This is the final look of the car.

Thanks!!

AD
Hey AD,

Personally for me the new Honda City looks best stock with just a good set of alloys. By adding a few bling after market accessories you cannot call a car modified. Also while you are at getting rid off all the things others have suggested please also do get rid off the clothes hanger spoiler and replace it with the lip spoiler available as an official Honda accessory, it will make the rear look much better.

VVB
vvb8530 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 09:01   #1277
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Honestly, it would look MUCH better if you chucked all that excess chrome, the bumper protectors and the drls
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvishwanathan View Post
Dear Friend,

As our friends have said remove the excessive chrome, remove the bumper side protectors and remove the angled DRL and replace with straight ones in the center grille below front bumper. Also remove the oval fogs if needed if you plan to go in for the straight DRLs.

It is good to see that you are taking the comments and working towards your car looking good. The simple logic is keep your car looking plain and simple without adding a lot of bling after market accessories to increase the bling factor.

Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
Hey AD,

Personally for me the new Honda City looks best stock with just a good set of alloys. By adding a few bling after market accessories you cannot call a car modified. Also while you are at getting rid off all the things others have suggested please also do get rid off the clothes hanger spoiler and replace it with the lip spoiler available as an official Honda accessory, it will make the rear look much better.

VVB
+1 to what everyone has said

Because you are working on the Car, I would suggest you to make it appear like a stock Car, devoid of any mods. (That is reverse of what you have done)

Buy a nice set of alloy wheels and get good set of tires to complement it. Believe me, that would be the best mod you can give to your Car and it shall help transform the looks while improving the dynamics of the Car.

I have seen your post at the Honda City Alloy Wheel & Tire Upgrade Thread. A good place to begin with.

A mint looking Car with very subtle mods appear the best. To give you an idea, have a look - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...n-ps3-etc.html

Few neat designs - http://www.alloywheelsindia.com/product1.php
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 12:14   #1278
Distinguished - BHPian

Neat job on this Duster

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-999998_431939463587702_1171027415_n.jpg

Pic Source: FB
karan561 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 12:28   #1279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Neat job on this Duster

Attachment 1124393

Pic Source: FB
Karan i know this garage pretty well as i cross it on my way to work everyday. This guy has had a mad collection, over the years i have seen cars like hummers, vw beatle, wrapped range rover (you can see it in the pic behind the duster), a cayenne, wide range of mercs and bimmers. The wrapped range rover though was not wrapped well and the wrap had even come out from one side door. It has now been re-wrapped.

VVB
Old 12th August 2013, 13:02   #1280
Senior - BHPian

To all my well-wisher bhpians, I honestly thank you @Ishaan, @VVB, @Sheel, @Amogh, @hvishwanathan and @Akshay for guiding me on "bling chrome" removal. A genuine good advice from your end. The same has been done from bumper protectors and the DrLs are in the process to be changed.

Thanks a lot!!

AD
ad3952n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 15:01   #1281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Neat job on this Duster

True that, though i prefer it on the Rangie
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
Karan i know this garage pretty well as i cross it on my way to work everyday. This guy has had a mad collection, over the years i have seen cars like hummers, vw beatle, wrapped range rover (you can see it in the pic behind the duster), a cayenne, wide range of mercs and bimmers. The wrapped range rover though was not wrapped well and the wrap had even come out from one side door. It has now been re-wrapped.

VVB
The singular Hummer isnt there anymore and there isnt any WIDE collection of Bimmers and Mercs either.
Only the Beetle and the Rangie are a part among the whole list you have mentioned alongwith a BMW 328i.
Old 12th August 2013, 15:33   #1282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Do you guys have any pictures of cars with golden / bronze colored alloys in matte finish??
the other day i was waiting in the car and i noticed a white OHC in the RVM. as it came closer, i noticed the gold alloys. immediately clicked a picture for you.

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-img_6159.jpg

true story
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 15:52   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///RMan View Post
The singular Hummer isnt there anymore and there isnt any WIDE collection of Bimmers and Mercs either.
Only the Beetle and the Rangie are a part among the whole list you have mentioned alongwith a BMW 328i.
Hey RMan,

Thanks for the update. However in my post I mentioned that over the years, which means I have seen a wide range of exotics there and never meant that there was a wide range all together or currently owned by him. I am pretty sure I have seen a convertible parked outside too but completely covered very recently.
vvb8530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 16:34   #1284
BHPian

Are the tow hooks on the VW and the Fiat functional or are they purely cosmetic? Not that I mean to imply that they would be used, but you never really know when it would be needed.

BTW, does anyone like the large spoilers from the Mitsubishi Evos of the Fast and the Furious? Most people on the forum seem to have a preference for smaller ones.

Last edited by k_nitin_r : 12th August 2013 at 16:36.
Old 12th August 2013, 17:00   #1285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
Are the tow hooks on the VW and the Fiat functional or are they purely cosmetic? Not that I mean to imply that they would be used, but you never really know when it would be needed.

BTW, does anyone like the large spoilers from the Mitsubishi Evos of the Fast and the Furious? Most people on the forum seem to have a preference for smaller ones.
Dear Nitin, Fast and Furious Cars in my view are epitome of modification. You are correct that our forum has believers of small spoilers. Allow me to say; The spoiler should be as per the structure of the car so that it may improve the dynamics as well as the asthetics of the it. Fast and Furious had cars which primarily are used for racing or running away from cops so the speed at which they driven requires them to be stable as well on the high speed so they use large spoilers.

AD
Old 12th August 2013, 17:22   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
My Dear Bhpians, after a lot of efforts i have finally revamped the front and rear of my Honda City Ivtec. Only thing left are the alloy wheels which i l do by deepawali. Please provide your comments and i hope that these pics of my car are better than previous pics of it. This is the final look of the car.

Thanks!!

AD
Hey ad3952, the present state of your car is far better as compared to earlier state. I suppose you want your car to look cool, but chrome+honda never works. No offence, but you can definitely harness a better look out of your car. Here let me help you,

The simple rule of tastefully modifying is keeping things clean and simple, as other members have mentioned. You don't have to do all things at once, step by step, step by step, you finally give your car a better shape. Also, many believe "tastefully" modifying requires huge loads of money, a big NO!. What is required is careful planning of what to get and keep it within budget.

Now, to get your car to a better shape,
  • Please strip down everything: The front type-r emblem, and all the other chrome bits(As I said, Chrome is an anti-Honda)
  • Give you car a through wash inside and out, later get it detailed from one of the 3M stores/others, you now have a proper basement to start your mods.
  • Now, Alloys+Wheels add a great stance to the car. As you see, no other mods give such a appealing visual. Since you plan to buy them this Depawali, start searching from now itself. There a ton of designs and you don't want to check only a few of them.
  • Later, you can add some pretty awesome JDM stickers(Strictly one/two, not too many) which are always available on the internet. You can also show the same design you see on the net to the radium shop-wala to get it done. Also, you can get a meaty exhaust tip which is different from the normal Honda ones.
  • You can add smoke tint to tail lamps, and de-badge if it's okay.
  • Also, nice set of projectors, DRLs etc can throughly improve the aesthetic appeal of your ride
  • Later on, you can add some skirts all around.

Here, you may end up with something like this

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-7-rear001.jpg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-ad-side001.jpg

The original pictures are a property of fellow TBHPian. I've taken it from his ownership review. Thanks!
Old 12th August 2013, 17:30   #1287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminenttismo View Post
Hey ad3952, the present state of your car is far better as compared to earlier state. I suppose you want your car to look cool, but chrome+honda never works. No offence, but you can definitely harness a better look out of your car. Here let me help you,
A Big thanks to you mate. I have purchased the white straight looking DRLs. As far as the stickering goes I shall just apply the TEAM BHP sticker arriving shortly. Alloys are surely the priority for me. Your detailed insight on my car is appreciated and your idea of Chrome is anti honda is period.

Regards

AD

Last edited by GTO : 16th August 2013 at 15:47. Reason: Please quote only the relevant bits of a post. Thanks
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 22:14   #1288
BHPian

A subtly modded Jetta from the Autpsyche stable!

- 190bhp Performance Remap
- H&R Sport Springs & Bilstein B6 Dampers
- Tarox Slotted Brake Rotors & Pads
- Green Intake Filter & Magnaflow Exhaust
- MOMO Sentry 18x8 Wheels & 235/40 Dunlop Tires
- Custom Painted Roof, Grille, Mirrors & Spoiler
- Neuspeed Turbo Pipe & Hotchkis Rear Sway Bar
- Traction Control Disable Button

Source : AutopsycheIndia Facebook Page
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-1094623_10151745030617512_1858399661_o.jpg  

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-1120070_10151745030297512_193249253_o.jpg  

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-1146218_10151745030092512_494606706_o.jpg  

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-1149320_10151745030562512_2025069161_o.jpg  

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-1167632_10151745029747512_653187268_o.jpg  

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-1167656_10151745030802512_1512824092_o.jpg  

AbelAFC is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 22:49   #1289
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
A subtly modded Jetta from the Autpsyche stable!
is that a 'nurburgring' sticker on the rear RHS ?
Old 12th August 2013, 23:29   #1290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post

is that a 'nurburgring' sticker on the rear RHS ?
Yup.. belongs yo a friend of mine... insane machine. Remapped + DSG + 400NM diesel torque, equals a kick in the rear that you can hardly believe! !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks