Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2013, 09:28   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racedynamics View Post
Hi Sommos, for now we will be supporting the Linea and Punto 90hp. The box for the Cruze should be hitting the market end March/early April. Beyond that we will introduce units for the other supported vehicles in a phased manner.

The dual channel version has an Mrp of Rs. 26,000/-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
And also it's being tested on the Linea, white color, owned by my friend, who is Racedynamic's friend!
Should I understand that the dual channel box is still not ready and is under test. If the box for Linea is available for sell may I ask who is your dealer for Chhattisgarh (in Raipur or Bhilai).

@Naparajito : Can you please give a feedback of the Box in the Linea. Specially improvements over the earlier one and does it justify the price increase.

Thanks.
Old 1st March 2013, 09:39   #152
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Should I understand that the dual channel box is still not ready and is under test. If the box for Linea is available for sell may I ask who is your dealer for Chhattisgarh (in Raipur or Bhilai).

@Naparajito : Can you please give a feedback of the Box in the Linea. Specially improvements over the earlier one and does it justify the price increase.

Thanks.
Box is already out for Linea and Punto 90HP. Same is mentioned in their facebook site. I believe the launch was done on 7th (or 17th, forgot!) of Feb 2013.

Price is 26,000/-

EDIT: This thread has driving impressions
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...a-1-3-mjd.html

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 1st March 2013 at 09:44.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 12:40   #153
BANNED

Quote:

Thanks.
Hi Sommos,

All our testing is done in house, on our dedicated test bench post which it is extensively tested on the road and dyno. It is also independently lab tested to ensure compliance to automotive standards.

We do give out the box for trials - which should not be confused as testing.
For example: A member contacted us and wanted to test the box using his own diagnostic tools and post his experience online - This may be the linea in question here.

Just to be clear - the Dual channel unit for the Linea and Punto has been tested and is in production.
Racedynamics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 15:12   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sommos,

Just to be clear - the Dual channel unit for the Linea and Punto has been tested and is in production.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Box is already out for Linea and Punto 90HP. Same is mentioned in their facebook site. I believe the launch was done on 7th (or 17th, forgot!) of Feb 2013.

Price is 26,000/-
Thanks RD.

Since I'm a non technical person, I would take the liberty to ask a very silly question : What are the benefits over the earlier one ?

Second, where can I buy the same at Bhilai (or maybe Raipur), Chhattisgarh.

@CD : Have you used the dual chanel box. Any feedback would really help.
Old 1st March 2013, 18:23   #155
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@CD : Have you used the dual chanel box. Any feedback would really help.
Not yet! I'm waiting for Vitamin M and hoping to get the box by September end.
Old 2nd March 2013, 13:02   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
And also it's being tested on the Linea, white color, owned by my friend, who is Racedynamic's friend!
Quote:

We do give out the box for trials - which should not be confused as testing.
For example: A member contacted us and wanted to test the box using his own diagnostic tools and post his experience online - This may be the linea in question here.

Well thats my Linea undergoing trials with the diagnostic tools. The initial study and response if very positive.

I have tested the earlier single channel ones and now testing this dual channel box too. There is definitely good difference in the way the car drives with a dual channel box.

I will post an exclusive review once my trials in all the modes with logging is done.

Short Review:

Eco Mode:
The car feels less powered with very linear power delivery and very mild turbo kick, obviosly this mode is to save the fuel. So one should expect performance in this mode. This is a very good more for expressway cruising or highway cruising for speeds upto 100kmph.
I wont post my mileage figures right now.

P1 mode:
In this mode the turbo lags feels very less and its a right combination of power and fuel efficiency. This is very good for city mode. Overtaking is a piece of cake, engine feels very smooth and never feels stressed at any moment like it used to do in stock mode.

P2 mode:
This is a serious power mode. There is a massive torque steer while trying to make quick pick ups.
But one feels more turbo lag in this mode. I discussed the possibility of this "FEEL" with Karthik too as the response to very small increments in acceleration is massive, and due to this i might be feeling as if there is turbo lag and then sudden acceleration.

Overall verdict: (initial)

Linea 94ps with 209nm torque and 1.3 ton of sheetmetal somehow looks a bit underpowered on papers, but still even in stock mode, one who has already been used to driving a linea will fell its quite quick.
We own a Vento too- and compared to Vento 1.6 mill linea feels slow.

With the addition of the Dual channel RD box, This gap between a 1.6 TDI and 1.3 MJD vanishes. In P2 mode the linea will feel like a miracle and one will feel shocked with the power that a punny 1.3MJD generates.

Combined with the excellent ride and handling capabilities of Linea the RD box+ Linea combo is a hit.

All thanks to Karthik and Team, Race Dyanamics is truly changing the Dyanamics for cars in India.
amit_mechengg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 11:10   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the Dual channel box installed on my i20 from RD. Apparantly mine is the first i20 to get the box installed. Will post the experience after clocking a few hundred miles
Old 6th March 2013, 10:13   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Got the Dual channel box installed on my i20 from RD. Apparantly mine is the first i20 to get the box installed. Will post the experience after clocking a few hundred miles
Congrats, I remember RD mentioning that one i20 will be getting this installed soon, didn't know you were the one. Looking forward for your review.
Old 6th March 2013, 12:13   #159
BHPian

Has anybody used one of these (or Pete's box) up in the Himalayas on a trip to Kargil / Leh? I read some of the trip posts, but didn't see any mention of tuning boxes. Specifically interested in knowing if it helps in starting and in power at the highest altitudes encountered. Thanks.
Old 7th March 2013, 11:46   #160
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Has anybody used one of these (or Pete's box) up in the Himalayas on a trip to Kargil / Leh? I read some of the trip posts, but didn't see any mention of tuning boxes. Specifically interested in knowing if it helps in starting and in power at the highest altitudes encountered. Thanks.
The team of A.V.R. Prabhakar Rao, R. Satya Teja and Y.V. Krishna Rao wanted to test the Fiat Grande Punto 90 HP to the Limits of Endurance. The trio drove from Kashmir to Kanyakumari, a distance of 3,884 km, to come up with an all new world record.

The route was as follows.
Leh – Upshi – Pang – Sarchu - Jispa – Manali – Bilaspur – Chandigarh – Ambala – Panipat – Delhi – Agra – Gwalior – Jhansi – Lalitpur – Sagar – Narasimhapur – Seoni – Nagpur – Adilabad – Hyderabad – Kurnool – Anantapur – Bangalore – Dharmapuri – Salem – Dindigul – Madurai – Tirunelveli - Kanyakumari
Attached Images

Racedynamics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 11:54   #161
BHPian

You don't say if they used your box or not :(

If they did, was it the single or dual channel? And what are their findings?

In this post, BHPian humyum says:

Quote:
Now roads got bad to worst and wayyyyyy steeper for even the Swift with 1st gear to climb.
I believe the Punto has the same engine, though factory tune may be a bit different.

humyum's post is the reason I raised the query in the first place.
Old 7th March 2013, 12:36   #162
BANNED

The Punto was the 90hp variant with the Single Channel unit. The RD decal is visible across the windscreen. In this instance, the team was looking to set a new endurance record and required the box to aid their purpose.
Old 7th March 2013, 12:45   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Well thats my Linea undergoing trials with the diagnostic tools. The initial study and response if very positive.

I have tested the earlier single channel ones and now testing this dual channel box too. There is definitely good difference in the way the car drives with a dual channel box.

I will post an exclusive review once my trials in all the modes with logging is done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Thanks Amit.
Nice to know that the RD dual channel box for the Linea is available for sale.
I'm wish to have it for my Linea, so trying to save for this.
I'll be keenly waiting for your detail feedback on the box.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 12:49   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sommos, for now we will be supporting the Linea and Punto 90hp. The box for the Cruze should be hitting the market end March/early April. Beyond that we will introduce units for the other supported vehicles in a phased manner.

The dual channel version has an Mrp of Rs. 26,000/-
Racedynamics: Does the dual channel box support Ertiga DDiS which has the same 1.3 MJD 90PS engine as Linea/Punto?
Old 7th March 2013, 12:54   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
In this post, BHPian humyum says:

I believe the Punto has the same engine, though factory tune may be a bit different.

humyum's post is the reason I raised the query in the first place.
Point no 1. Its a Punto 90hp which has more power than swift.

Point no 2. Even if it was 75bhp punto without a box , punto has a short 1st and 2nd gear. So it can easily climb in 1st gear at the exact same point where a swift is finding it difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Racedynamics: Does the dual channel box support Ertiga DDiS which has the same 1.3 MJD 90PS engine as Linea/Punto?
The beauty of the box is that its different for every different car. Ertiga and Linea is not the same box.

Last edited by amit_mechengg : 7th March 2013 at 12:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks