Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2013, 21:28   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki

Try disconnecting the power supply of the box from the battery and connect it back after sometime. Maybe it Will reset .
Sir jee have tried this also but to no avail the damm thing is stuck in P2. I think that the battery on the remote may be weak but then i guess the light on the remote should not be coming on if the batt is weak.
Old 2nd July 2013, 14:06   #242
BHPian

@racedynamics: Any updates on the dual channel box for the Vento? I dont mind doing the honest testing bit also.
Old 2nd July 2013, 21:17   #243
BHPian

Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racedynamics View Post
1. Increase in power and torque does increase stress levels on the engine and drivetrain, but for street use on DT these levels are kept to within manufacturer tolerance limits
Is it safe to use this on a 6 year old Laura with 70,000 kms on the odo?
How much would the engine life be affected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couper72 View Post
Great reviews of the power boxes guys. Has ne one used the dieseltronic on a Jetta (DSG). Reviews.

@RD, is the DT dual channel available in Hyd for the Jetta. Can you suggest a dealer
My Laura is a DSG - is it compatible for use with it? I have read that the ECU plays a pivotal role in the working of the DSG clutch system.
Old 2nd July 2013, 22:20   #244
Senior - BHPian

Hey Racedynamics awesome product there, I had some questions before I take the plunge for the RD box for my Swift D. Maybe I am being too specific but please bear with me as I want to clear some doubts which have been running in my head.

1) For the Swift D, there is a single channel box right which plugs near the fuel rail and fuel rail only ?

2) There is facility to control the boost with the DT box right ? or is there a box available where in other parameters can be controlled too ?

3) Will there be a decrease in fuel pump life as I ll be running at higher pressures than its regular cycle ?

4) Will extra fuel be pumped at idling too ? or does the box function based on throttle inputs, say for example after 2000 rpm is when the box increases the fueling and below that it allows the stock ECU to do its thing and not interfere at all ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd July 2013, 09:24   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya180 View Post
@racedynamics: Any updates on the dual channel box for the Vento? I dont mind doing the honest testing bit also.
Hi Satya,

I believe the dual channel box is not yet available for Vento. You can go for the single channel ECU.

LOTHAR
Old 4th July 2013, 11:23   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Lothar View Post

Hi Satya,

I believe the dual channel box is not yet available for Vento. You can go for the single channel ECU.

LOTHAR
Hi,
I already have the single channel. I am mighty impressed with the difference. I also know that they are a technology backed company and hence trust their products. I have had good experience with their service as well. I have tested a car with a dual channel, and the results were quite good.
I just hope it comes out real soon, friends coming from Germany tempt me with the RaceChip Ultimate. Dont want that to happen.
Old 5th July 2013, 09:23   #247
BHPian

Do you have anything for the 1.5 tdci fiesta engine?
Tazzy Boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 09:50   #248
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racedynamics View Post
Hello, we're glad to know your experience.
Team,

Cross-posting from my ownership thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3166507

I recently did a Bangalore - Trivandrum - Tirunelveli - Trivandrum - Bangalore trip. While travelling from Bangalore to Trivandrum, maintained almost constant speeds of 80-90 kmph in P1 mode, and got a fuel efficiency figure of 21.49 kmpl.

However - while returning, I was even more cautious and maintained a constant 80 kmph almost 95% percent of the time, and made sure i maintained a very light right foot. This was in E mode and the resultant fuel efficiency figures rather disappointed me - 19.52 kmpl.

The car in question is a FIAT Punto 90HP.

My questions -

1. What would be the ideal cruising speed in E mode? In P1 - I can see the instantaneous mileage figures peak at about 80 - 90 kmph. For E - I could see the same at 80 kmph, but the final tankful to tankful figures tell otherwise.

2. Considering that there is a gradual rise in altitude from Trivandrum to Bangalore - did I make a wrong choice with the E mode? P1 has a much better low end response up the slopes compared to E.

PS - To all those thinking, why this idiot is calculating mileage after fitting the RD box:- My wife was still recovering from a surgery and hence I had to drive as smooth as possible. Used the opportunity to do some FE tests.
Old 9th July 2013, 13:05   #249
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
Is it safe to use this on a 6 year old Laura with 70,000 kms on the odo?
How much would the engine life be affected?
It is safe to use however our unit is not compatible with the older gen lauras.
A well designed and mapped tuning box will have absolutely no adverse effect on the engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Hey Racedynamics awesome product there, I had some questions before I take the plunge for the RD box for my Swift D. Maybe I am being too specific but please bear with me as I want to clear some doubts which have been running in my head.

1) For the Swift D, there is a single channel box right which plugs near the fuel rail and fuel rail only ?

2) There is facility to control the boost with the DT box right ? or is there a box available where in other parameters can be controlled too ?

3) Will there be a decrease in fuel pump life as I ll be running at higher pressures than its regular cycle ?

4) Will extra fuel be pumped at idling too ? or does the box function based on throttle inputs, say for example after 2000 rpm is when the box increases the fueling and below that it allows the stock ECU to do its thing and not interfere at all ?
1) Yes

2)The Dual channel version is capable of controlling boost on certain cars/engines. As of now we do not control any other parameters.

3) There will be no effect on pump life. We have posted in detail regarding this earlier in this thread. Do have a look.

4) We do not modulate fueling at idle. Being a completely digital tuning box, fueling is modulated as a function of rpm and throttle inputs. This enables us to have very precise fueling control only where required and not a generic percentage increase over the entire rpm-range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya180 View Post
Hi,
I already have the single channel. I am mighty impressed with the difference. I also know that they are a technology backed company and hence trust their products. I have had good experience with their service as well. I have tested a car with a dual channel, and the results were quite good.
I just hope it comes out real soon, friends coming from Germany tempt me with the RaceChip Ultimate. Dont want that to happen.
We will keep you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzy Boy View Post
Do you have anything for the 1.5 tdci fiesta engine?
DieselTRONIC is compatible with the 1.5 TDCI Fiesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Team,

Cross-posting from my ownership thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3166507

I recently did a Bangalore - Trivandrum - Tirunelveli - Trivandrum - Bangalore trip. While travelling from Bangalore to Trivandrum, maintained almost constant speeds of 80-90 kmph in P1 mode, and got a fuel efficiency figure of 21.49 kmpl.

However - while returning, I was even more cautious and maintained a constant 80 kmph almost 95% percent of the time, and made sure i maintained a very light right foot. This was in E mode and the resultant fuel efficiency figures rather disappointed me - 19.52 kmpl.

The car in question is a FIAT Punto 90HP.

My questions -

1. What would be the ideal cruising speed in E mode? In P1 - I can see the instantaneous mileage figures peak at about 80 - 90 kmph. For E - I could see the same at 80 kmph, but the final tankful to tankful figures tell otherwise.

2. Considering that there is a gradual rise in altitude from Trivandrum to Bangalore - did I make a wrong choice with the E mode? P1 has a much better low end response up the slopes compared to E.

PS - To all those thinking, why this idiot is calculating mileage after fitting the RD box:- My wife was still recovering from a surgery and hence I had to drive as smooth as possible. Used the opportunity to do some FE tests.

P1 seems to work well with your driving style - you can continue in this mode and you will see further gains. We will post in details regarding this on your thread. Do keep us posted with the FE figures.

Last edited by Racedynamics : 9th July 2013 at 13:09.
Racedynamics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 13:18   #250
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Chetan, Karthik and Sanjay for fixing the cable issue on my Beat yesterday. The car is back to its enhanced performance.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 12:42   #251
tez
BHPian

hi RD,
is there a DUAL channel for old Swift D or is dual channel only for VGTs.
Can i get a test drive by any of tbhpians from Hyd.
Old 10th July 2013, 20:36   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Hi Rd , I bought a box for the Tata safari 2.2 on sunday from one of your dealers in delhi the very next day at night while driving the engine check light came on the car lost all power and stalled in the middle of the road. Called your dealer and was told to disconnect the box and clip in the oem ecu did that and voila the car started up engine check light vanished and no issues thereafter till i reached my residence.

Next morning unplugged the Oem ecu cable and plugged in the rd box again set the mode to p2 box led blinks 4 times. and keep driving no check light and no car stalling so far, Now the problem that has crept up is the box is stuck in P2 mode no matter which mode i try to set via the remote the Led keeps blinking 4 times and box does not reset to any other mode.

PLease advice asap as am in a quandry.

cheers
Well to start off let me say initially i did face some issues first being carelessness on the part of the guy who installed the box and left the connector loose so that the car stalled and second was the box getting stuck in p2 dunno whya but i would like to say once i got in touch with the guys at RD, they promptly assured me that they would be sending a replacement box asap to the dealer and i should send the old one back.

Within 3 days of me calling them up the dealer got my replacement box that too before he could send mine back thats how fast theese guys send a replacement box across. After puting in the new box i have faced zero issues and constantly drive in P2 and love every minute of the drive it just brings a smile to my face .

@ RD team thanks a lot guys, if everybody did business the way you guys do india would be a far better place
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 15:46   #253
Senior - BHPian

Ordered one for my beast.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...5-tata-safari-
2-2-vtt-quartz-black-aka-truck-now-racedynamics-install-4.html was the reason!

Expecting it in to come by Wednesday/Thursday. Getting it via Jerry's.
Old 18th July 2013, 05:21   #254
BHPian

Is a dieseltronic available for Mahindra Thar CRDE? How do I order it and what is the contact number please? And is there anyone that can fit it in chennai?

Thank you
Old 18th July 2013, 08:46   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavour333 View Post
Is a dieseltronic available for Mahindra Thar CRDE? How do I order it and what is the contact number please? And is there anyone that can fit it in chennai?

Thank you
Hi Endeavour,
I got my Dieseltronic box fitted for my Grande fitted by Ignite, and the person is Raghav. They are the dealers in Chennai. They are in ECR, about a KM before the link road to Sholinganallur.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks