Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2012, 16:36   #16
BHPian

Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
@Kimified: No doubts on the performance of the RD box (in terms of torque and power), quite good for an Indian product! I simply had to return because of the poor braking offered by my Fortuner. I would someday upgrade the brakes and definitely go for this box!

The fit and finish, build quality is up to par with international products! They've also invested in a good packaging.

I just hope they would redesign the remote to a dash mount type.
Quite good by Indian standards? Quite good by ANY standards is what I keep hearing!!

On all the motorsports versions and earlier road version they had, the controller is always mounted on the dash, I think this is something new that they got based on feedback from users...
Old 8th May 2012, 16:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hope this review also helps other users.
Tuning box comparison : QuarterMile::Car Modification, Car Performance, Tuning, Handling And Power
jkdas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 04:07   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
The thing with the spider box is that you need to drive with it for about 20-30 km before the box really starts showing you performance gains. I doubt that they did that. It gives excellent performance gains. Another group did a test and rates spider as one of the best. It's adaptive tech takes some time to tune its settings to maximize performance for your engine. That's why it takes a while but in about 20 km after you install it, you will be shocked by the performance. I have it on my Endeavour and have actually written a review in it here.
Old 9th May 2012, 12:55   #19
BHPian

As
I have installed RD in my new 2012 T Fortuner 4x4
I need not to worry @ brakes..as i have ESP EBD BA.
I am very happy with Rd 's performance.
@nitin
RDtuning box stays in the last operated mode whenever the engine is restarted every time and and does not reset to stock . I am using in p2 mode since Day1.Getting Tank to Tank FE 10-11 in city as informant display shows 12-13 kmpl
Completed 2500 kms with T-rd...
Old 9th May 2012, 13:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_trace View Post
As
I have installed RD in my new 2012 T Fortuner 4x4
I need not to worry @ brakes..as i have ESP EBD BA.
I am very happy with Rd 's performance.
@nitin
RDtuning box stays in the last operated mode whenever the engine is restarted every time and and does not reset to stock . I am using in p2 mode since Day1.Getting Tank to Tank FE 10-11 in city as informant display shows 12-13 kmpl
Completed 2500 kms with T-rd...
I guess I might have got a defective box. Is yours the New Fortuner?

ESP, EBD & BA are just aids to experience better braking by lesser effort from the driver. If the brakes by themselves are poor by design, there's little these gizmos can do.

Last edited by nitinbose : 9th May 2012 at 13:06.
Old 10th May 2012, 12:32   #21
BHPian

Quote:
I guess I might have got a defective box. Is yours the New Fortuner?.
yes i have new model fortuner which comes with xenons
Just try and replace RD box. You will like in city and highway.its a fun and best mod for fortuner .wondering Why toyota cant make fortuner this much refine and powerful with better FE
Old 11th May 2012, 14:31   #22
BHPian

i wonder if this could be used on the 2L-TE, i have a 98 toyota grande mark II and would love to see some performance enhancement
Old 23rd June 2012, 14:33   #23
BANNED

Guys
Installed the Dieseltronic chip in my Swift last week. Installation was done at Club Saturn accessories shop at Kottayam. It was a 20 minutes job, very simple install. What a change in response in P2 settings.. Just love the extra shove....Pics and detailed report coming soon...
Regards
Dilip
Old 23rd June 2012, 14:37   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278
Guys
Installed the Dieseltronic chip in my Swift last week. Installation was done at Club Saturn accessories shop at Kottayam. It was a 20 minutes job, very simple install. What a change in response in P2 settings.. Just love the extra shove....Pics and detailed report coming soon...
Regards
Dilip
How many connectors are there? The Spider diesel tuning box has only one. Does this connect to several places in the engine?
Old 24th June 2012, 09:59   #25
BANNED

Name:  ForumRunner_20120624_095142.png
Views: 8170
Size:  651.9 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120624_095258.png
Views: 8524
Size:  687.1 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120624_095338.png
Views: 8320
Size:  475.0 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120624_095338.png
Views: 8320
Size:  475.0 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120624_095417.png
Views: 8344
Size:  490.7 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120624_095504.png
Views: 8602
Size:  697.6 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120624_095633.png
Views: 7978
Size:  665.1 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120624_095808.png
Views: 7727
Size:  605.3 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120624_095844.png
Views: 9150
Size:  653.5 KB

Last edited by dilipkumar7278 : 24th June 2012 at 10:02.
dilipkumar7278 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2012, 10:16   #26
Team-BHP Support

This question just came to my mind.

If you use a tuning box like Dieseltronic and during service, the ECU firmware is upgraded, how will the tuning box compensate?

Racedynamics or any other company would have tuned the box as per the base OE firmware which may be updated by the manufacturer over time. Do we have to go back to Racedynamics and have the map updated as well?

Some of these upgrades from manufacturer are substantial for FE improvement, reducing turbo lag, fixing stalling issue (incase of Ford).

Last edited by Vid6639 : 24th June 2012 at 10:17.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2012, 10:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Guys
Regards
Dilip
Dilip, cover the box in a plastic cover to protect it from water damage.

My car runs on P1 and the driveability is brilliant and I potter around the city in 3rd gear and 4th gear and the turbo kick is also strong when you want it.

P2 may be used on the highway. Havent used it till date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
This question just came to my mind.

If you use a tuning box like Dieseltronic and during service, the ECU firmware is upgraded, how will the tuning box compensate?

Racedynamics or any other company would have tuned the box as per the base OE firmware which may be updated by the manufacturer over time. Do we have to go back to Racedynamics and have the map updated as well?

Some of these upgrades from manufacturer are substantial for FE improvement, reducing turbo lag, fixing stalling issue (incase of Ford).
VID,

The usual firmware upgrades on the ECU make very minor changes, I believe the stock map remains unchanged, so the tuning box will continue to behave that it did.

Having said that, if the stock map changes drastically, the performance of the box is unknown.

Folks in Bengaluru, can go back to RD and get some tweaks done.

Useful information about tuning boxes.

EndTuning - Tech - Tuning Boxes

Last edited by F150 : 24th June 2012 at 10:36.
F150 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2012, 10:56   #28
BHPian

Stay away from any and every box that does not take control over turbo pressure. Feeding in more fuel without shoving in more air is just asking for trouble.

Ask these box suppliers if it takes complete control over air fuel ratio.
Old 25th June 2012, 12:04   #29
BANNED

Thanks for the advice ...F150...Will do it
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Dilip, cover the box in a plastic cover to protect it from water damage.

My car runs on P1 and the driveability is brilliant and I potter around the city in 3rd gear and 4th gear and the turbo kick is also strong when you want it.

P2 may be used on the highway. Havent used it till date.

VID,

The usual firmware upgrades on the ECU make very minor changes, I believe the stock map remains unchanged, so the tuning box will continue to behave that it did.

Having said that, if the stock map changes drastically, the performance of the box is unknown.

Folks in Bengaluru, can go back to RD and get some tweaks done.

Useful information about tuning boxes.

EndTuning - Tech - Tuning Boxes
Old 29th June 2012, 22:03   #30
BHPian

Quote:

The challenges i see are as follows:

1. Tuning box resets to stock map when the ignition is turned OFF.
2. The remote control button may have to be pressed more than once to activate the setting, maybe the wireless communication is not strong enough.
3. It would be a good idea to rebuild the remote as a dash mount unit instead of a keychain. When used as a keychain, one has to take your eyes off the road to locate the buttons. Sometimes the wireless may not be effective, if the keychain remote is hanging next to the engine keyhole. Fixing the remote using a double sided tape would result in lost aesthetics.
Hi T-BHPians,

Have got the RD tuning box installed on my Vento and as mentioned the transformation has been fanastatic.
Since the dealer in Mangalore did not have it ready when I went to buy it, I got it couriered from Bangalore.
The Vento was just 900 kms old and I had to muster up all my willpower to refrain myself from installing it right away. The moment I completed 1500 kms on the odo, I did the installation myself at home. The Box came without the installation diagram, so I had to calll up RD at Bangalore and they explained the procedure over the phone.
I also upgraded the air filter to a K&N stock replacement filter.
Once installed I took the Vento out on a 'Test drive'

On 'E' mode it seems that the 'turbo' does not kick in, and even flooring the 'A' pedal does not give the customary 'kick'. The car move out in a very relaxed manner.
'P1' gives a slight boost to the standard acceleration levels. I normally drive in this mode and am able to manage a mileage of around 15 kms in the town drive and touch 21 kmpl on the highways.
'P2' really gives you that 'pushed back into the seat' feel when you step on the accelerator. The mileage drops from 21 kmph to around16 kmph on the highways.
I have not had the Box returning to 'S' mode upon restarting. It has always remained on the mode on which it was when the car was turned off.
The remote has been working fine. I got the battery replaced as soon as I received the Box, as I was not sure of when they were inserted into the remote.
I, initially, stuck the remote controller (after removing the key ring) on the dash board, next to the head lamp levelling switch, using double sided tape. This position was very convinient, and looked nice too, but due to the frequent exposure to the heat, I found it falling off quite frequently. I then got it stuck UNDER the front arm rest (inside the storage box) and it hads stay put since. Only inconvience is that I am not able to change modes easily while on the move .
The tuning box has been stuck on top of the battery, in the engine bay, using double sided tape.
I have been enjoying the new performance thoroughly and hope this does not have any adverse affect on my new Vento.
Will post some photos of the installation and wiring of the Box once I have been authorised.
Drive safe
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks