Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2014, 22:21   #376
BHPian

Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
they offered to fit the box in my car for a test drive. Since it takes only 15 minutes for installation, they are fine with removing the box if I am not satisfied with it.
Did you find time to take a TD ? If yes, please share your experience.
Old 5th June 2014, 22:35   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Did you find time to take a TD ?
Not yet. For the Verna, the 800 to 1500 RPM is the 'dead zone' and the turbo wakes up only post 1500 RPM. I am still debating internally about buying the box vs living with the 'dead zone'. Also, taking a TD and not buying it would be very hard for the heart.
Old 21st July 2014, 11:59   #378
BHPian

OK ~I've got a weird problem on my 75HP Punto. I've been running the Single channel RD Box for a couple of months without any issues. I had to hand in the car for the regular 60K service ~when I removed the box from the connector & started up, I got a "Check Engine" warning on the MID. Is there any additional 'thing' I should be doing?
Old 22nd July 2014, 11:09   #379
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshanker View Post
OK ~I've got a weird problem on my 75HP Punto. I've been running the Single channel RD Box for a couple of months without any issues. I had to hand in the car for the regular 60K service ~when I removed the box from the connector & started up, I got a "Check Engine" warning on the MID. Is there any additional 'thing' I should be doing?
Hello,

Did you remove just the box from the connector or the entire wiring harness altogether? Unplugging only the box and attempting to start the engine without removing the entire Dieseltronic wiring harness will throw up an error. Please contact us directly as soon as possible and we will guide you to professionals who can disconnect the box before you hand your car in for service.

Regards,

RD
Racedynamics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 08:46   #380
BHPian

Thanks~ That explains it! Do you have anyone in Coimbatore who can remove & re-attach the box?
rshanker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 10:36   #381
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshanker View Post
Thanks~ That explains it! Do you have anyone in Coimbatore who can remove & re-attach the box?
Yes, as mentioned earlier do contact us directly using the support number printed on the box.

Regards,

RD
Old 23rd July 2014, 10:50   #382
BHPian

Hello RD,

Is there a tuning box available for 2009 Chevrolet Magnum 2.0 TCDi. If available what power gains can I expect?
If possible ,may I know the cost also?

Regards
Anish
Old 26th July 2014, 13:12   #383
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish5225 View Post
Hello RD,

Is there a tuning box available for 2009 Chevrolet Magnum 2.0 TCDi. If available what power gains can I expect?
If possible ,may I know the cost also?

Regards
Anish
Hi Anish,

The box is compatible with the Magnum. We now have a Dyno in house and we will have actual figures shortly.

RD
Old 3rd August 2014, 19:06   #384

Hi RD,

I have Maruti Suzuki SX4 ZXI (Petrol) Automatic 2009 Model.
Which RD box will support this?
In Hyderabad, where can I purchase and get it fixed? (DIY possible?)

Thanks
Arun
Old 14th August 2014, 17:00   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Did you find time to take a TD ? If yes, please share your experience.
I went ahead and bought the Single Channel box for my Fluidic Verna. I had covered a 1000 km road trip and enough city kms in the last 3 weeks to comment on the box.

In short, it does what it says and I feel my money is well spent.

I went directly to their head office in Bangalore. The box was fitted in 10 minutes and I took a 30 minute test drive. As claimed, the RPM needle rises faster in P1 and P2, so the engine spends less time in the 800-1500 turbo lag zone. You could up-shift sooner, since the engine pulls better at lower RPMs.

During my test drive, because of the city traffic, I intially could not feel the difference between stock and P1. But on my 30 km way back home, I started feeling the difference.

Feedback for P2 mode from my 1000 km highway trip:
To simply put, with P2, my car turned into a 6th gear automatic. I could accelerate in 6th gear from 60 kmph without feeling the turbo lag. And, I could reach my cruising speed faster without changing gears. My average speed on 4-laned highways improved considerably (from 60 to 70 kmph) without any additional driving stress. I was surprised to see that even with P2 and hard driving, there is improvement in the MID mileage. Earlier, with similar hard driving, it used to be around to 19.xx kmpl, but now it did not go below 22 kmpl.

Feedback for P1 mode within city:
I use only P1 within city. The number of down-shifts have reduced considerably and this reduces the stress. The car pulls well in 2nd gear when crossing speed breakers. The 3rd gear, which is the most used gear within city, now has a wider usable RPM range. The MID mileage is showing a 1.5 to 2 kmpl improvement (from 14.xx to 16.xx) for my routine routes.

Never drove in the E mode (except on day 1), and it feels as if your car is suddenly loaded with 5 people and luggage.
Old 14th August 2014, 21:16   #386
BHPian

Quote:
I went ahead and bought the Single Channel box for my Fluidic Verna.
In short, it does what it says and I feel my money is well spent.
Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. It seems that you are the only Fluidic owner using this box or even remap in this forum. Your experience is tempting enough to go for one.

I have few queries-

- Here I have a HASS. How easy/difficult will it be for them to install the box?
- Do they have boxes other than Single channel box for Verna?
- Do the remote wireless? Does the box remember the mode the car is switched off with?
- Have you measured the FE on TFM? If MID is showing around 2 kmpl improvement, actual FE increase should be round about that mark too. A huge bonus indeed.

Cheers
Old 14th August 2014, 22:16   #387
BHPian

My responses inline.
Quote:
- Here I have a HASS. How easy/difficult will it be for them to install the box?
You cannot install this box in a HASS as it would void the warranty. I suggest you speak to Racedynamics about where you can get this installed near your place.
- Do they have boxes other than Single channel box for Verna?
No, for Verna there is only a single channel box.
- Do the remote wireless? Does the box remember the mode the car is switched off with?
Yes, the box retains the mode after switching off/on the engine.
- Have you measured the FE on TFM? If MID is showing around 2 kmpl improvement, actual FE increase should be round about that mark too. A huge bonus indeed.
No, I didn't measure the FE on TFM. All measurements are from MID and with A/C always on.
Old 14th August 2014, 22:41   #388
BHPian

Quote:
My responses inline.
My car is out of warranty now. So no worry for me wrt void of warranty. HASS people are very well known to me & will fully cooperate me for the installation. Just want to know if it can be easily installed or not with the diagrams or stuffs like that which may be coming with the pack.
Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 22:48   #389
BHPian

It is a DIY job, if you have the basic tools like Size 10 spanner (for the battery terminal) and some straps to keep the wires in place. HASS or any equally competent mechanic can install this.
Voyager-1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 22:54   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My car is out of warranty now. So no worry for me wrt void of warranty. HASS people are very well known to me & will fully cooperate me for the installation. Just want to know if it can be easily installed or not with the diagrams or stuffs like that which may be coming with the pack.

Thanks

Chitta,RD Dieseltronics is plug and play. It Truely is a magic box. The performance you get is surreal. I am onto something with RD shortly for my Neo Elantra. Watch this space guys. Right Karthik?

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks