Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2015, 06:05   #436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute_force View Post

Thank you so much GKR9900 for taking the time to answer my questions.
You're welcome bro

Quote:
But on a serious note, I did speak to one called Siddhart who seems to be a dealer for the Dieseltronic and he said he would let me have a demo of that in my car. Hopefully I should be able to get it.
While you're at it, make sure that you're having the demo for the 1.5 TDI. The chips for Vento and Rapid had always been for the 1.6 TDI. I presume yours being the newer model, the engine is the 1.5 TDI. We wouldn't want any complications now, would we?!

Quote:
In a way, I do feel I wanna be prepared to have that power which could be unleashed. And like they say, with greater power, comes greater responsibility.
Don't ya worry mate. Your beast is well capable of handling the increase in performance. In fact, it feels natural on the Vento. Now what remains is how you handle it. Don't expect ballistic performance from the start itself though. The performance is maximally felt a bit into the rev range, somewhere in 2,300 to 3,500 range. Also, the box needs some time to learn your driving style. I had felt the improved throttle response after some 20-30 kms of usage. Also, the box has changed my driving style a bit. When you know that you have excess power on tap, you do tend to flex your right foot a bit too much
Old 17th August 2015, 22:58   #437

Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
You're welcome bro

While you're at it, make sure that you're having the demo for the 1.5 TDI. The chips for Vento and Rapid had always been for the 1.6 TDI. I presume yours being the newer model, the engine is the 1.5 TDI. We wouldn't want any complications now, would we?!

Yeah, true that mate. I have spoken to a couple of people and both of them seem to have agreed upon to the fact that I want to have a demo done on my car, so that I could make the purchase decision.

Can't wait for them to give me a call.
Old 28th August 2015, 12:05   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
3rd and 4th is where all the action lies. I had no problem getting to 100 in third gear. 4th takes me to the high 130s.
Quote:
Thank you so much GKR9900 for taking the time to answer my questions. I much appreciate it.
Was going through the thread when I noticed my mistake. 100 in 3rd is gonna make quite a ruckus from the 1.6 TDI. And 4th doesn't pull all the way to high 130s. 120 is more like it. 5th can pull cleanly till 170 though, after which it runs out of steam.

My apologies again for the mistake committed in a well reputed forum such as this.
Old 2nd September 2015, 11:15   #439
BHPian

Settled with the DDIS 200 as budget was a concern. The car is sluggish at low revs, almost on par with the 1.6. What I miss in the S cross is the 1.3 FGT kick at 2000rpm in the Swift Dzire. Here I get a shove at 2500 rpm, which is far subdued than a kick, but the mid range is good. Waiting for completing 5000km for the RD box. . Who is the RD dealer in Cochin?
Old 2nd September 2015, 16:08   #440
BANNED

I am not sure whether RD has a dealer in kochi. I purchased RD for my swift from their kottayam dealership CLUB SATURN at Adichira.
dilipkumar7278 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 10:15   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Who is the RD dealer in Cochin?
Dunno if there's an RD dealer in Kochi, but I can PM the Thrissur dealer's number if you want
Old 28th September 2015, 12:03   #442
BHPian

Hi there

I've bought the new Vento TDI + DSG.
I'm considering adding the RD tuning box to it.

But here's my major concern :
Will the DSG gearbox be able to handle the additional torque and power ?
I've heard a lot of issues with the DSG for Vento and that VW have finally fine tuned the engine with optimum torque so as to not damage the gearbox.

Please help a newbie out.

Thanking you
Regards
Old 1st October 2015, 15:17   #443
BHPian

@Racedynamics
Can you please let me know of a reliable authorised workshop in NCR, preferably Delhi, from where I can get the DieselTronics box installed in my Swift Dzire?
Thanks.
Old 1st October 2015, 17:38   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravcshah View Post
Hi there

I've bought the new Vento TDI + DSG.
I'm considering adding the RD tuning box to it.

But here's my major concern :
Will the DSG gearbox be able to handle the additional torque and power ?
I've heard a lot of issues with the DSG for Vento and that VW have finally fine tuned the engine with optimum torque so as to not damage the gearbox.

Please help a newbie out.

Thanking you
Regards
The auto-box dont support but manual one does.
Check this option too.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...de6-remap.html
Old 9th November 2015, 18:22   #445
KMT
BHPian

Thank you RD for prompt service.

I use an RD box on my Thar, its the off-road spec one and I have used it for about 12 months. It was working fine until recently when it was not changing modes as per the remote.

I messaged Mr Ravi who is the dealer for Coorg and he called me up promptly to understand the problem. After discussing he asked me to call him when I was next to the vehicle. I did not call the next day as I got busy with work.

The day after I was pleasantly surprised to receive a call a call from Mr Prashanth a product engineer at Racedynamics saying that he had been asked to call me by my local RD dealer.

He spent about 1/2 hour with me on the phone and the issue was resolved. Most likely caused by several mobiles near the unit and causing wireless interference.

Good to see a company take prompt and personal interest in resolving technical issues.
Old 18th November 2015, 18:34   #446
Senior - BHPian

Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

OT. Here is wishing Karthik the brain behind Race Dynamics a happy married life. I guess we owe him a big thank you for making all out rides special.
All the very best.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 18th November 2015 at 18:38.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 09:07   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racedynamics View Post
Hello,
We generally do not respond to PMs on the forum as its against the forum rules. If you have a question, we would gladly assist you in this thread.

There is no need to service your car before installing any tuning box unless a service is due.
Hi Sir does this work for the fluidic elantra 1.6 diesel and what will be the negatives in the long run as I intend to use the 3 year old car for another 4 years.
Old 14th December 2015, 12:31   #448
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepu Sharma View Post
Hi Sir does this work for the fluidic elantra 1.6 diesel and what will be the negatives in the long run as I intend to use the 3 year old car for another 4 years.
Hi Deepu, DieselTRONIC is available for your vehicle. The ECU works well within the OE limits and does not lead to any additional stresses on the vehicle than what it would normally go through.
Racedynamics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 00:37   #449
BHPian

@Racedynamics
Can you please let me know of a reliable authorised workshop in NCR, preferably Delhi, from where I can get the DieselTronics box installed in my Swift Dzire?
Thanks.
Old 23rd December 2015, 18:18   #450
BHPian

@RD, is the Fluidic Verna's box compatible with Creta Diesel AT? Both have the same 1.6L CRDI engine, with same power and torque figures.

Will there be any difference in the way the box behaves between a manual and automatic transmission for the same engine?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks