Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2015, 09:53   #451
Senior - BHPian

Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Which model of DieselTronic should I buy for a Safari Dicor 3.0? What will be the approximate cost of the same?
Old 3rd January 2016, 12:06   #452
BHPian

Hi RaceDynamics!

I own a Terrano 85ps. Is it possible to mod it with your chip?
If yes, what are the pros and cons?
Old 3rd January 2016, 18:08   #453
BHPian

@Racedynamics.

Can this be used on the new hybrid engines like in the Ertiga?
Old 15th February 2016, 19:56   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

@Racedynamics
Do you have diesel tronic box for Grand i10 diesel? What would be the power gain? I tried remapping my grand i10 with Code 6 and there was hardly any power gain. So I got it back to stock map
Old 18th February 2016, 19:01   #455
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
@Racedynamics
Do you have diesel tronic box for Grand i10 diesel? What would be the power gain? I tried remapping my grand i10 with Code 6 and there was hardly any power gain. So I got it back to stock map
I have installed single channel diesel tronic box in my Grand i10 today from your Mangalore dealer. Race dynamics distributor came for the install and he advised me to drive few days and only then to pay. I am really impressed with RD team. I have driven only 50 kms till now, playing in all 4 modes. I could feel prominent difference in P1 and P2 mode above 2500 rpm compared to negligible gain of code 6 remap. I was worried thinking there is some problem in car and not able to extract more power. Today, thanks to RD box.. My doubt got cleared!!! Yes my grand i10 is capable of being more powerful!!!
Old 22nd February 2016, 04:48   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello guys,
I have driven 400 kms in my Grand i10 with RD box. I have used P1 mode for 200 kms, P2 and E mode for 100 kms each. I am happy with the performance and power mode switch using remote is really cool. My car gets totally transformed in P2 mode. I feel P1 mode is adequate for daily drive. P2 mode has better top end compared to P1.Low end, I did not find much difference and turbo lag is same like stock.
Old 8th March 2016, 09:36   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racedynamics View Post
Hi Deepu, DieselTRONIC is available for your vehicle. The ECU works well within the OE limits and does not lead to any additional stresses on the vehicle than what it would normally go through.
Hi Sir got this installed recently on my elantra and thanks for the advice , the heart of the car now has become younger and completely rejuvenated after the modifications. completely thrilled by this change, however suggest that you should be giving out 2 remotes with every box incase we happpen to lose one . Is their a replacement available for the remote seperately. Can we change the drive mode when in motion. please suggest. thx again
Old 13th March 2016, 14:45   #458
BHPian

@racedynamics I'm looking to get my Fiesta classic on your tune box. I stay in Pune. Is there a dealer here from whom I can get the kit and install it too?
I had bought the Fiesta a couple years ago only because your tune box can really pump in life to an otherwise dull diesel engine. That and budget was a constraint.. But I'm planning long drives and the original state of tune of the car does not help on highways.. Its want to make it a bit of a sleeper.
Thanks in advance!
Old 13th March 2016, 17:02   #459
BHPian

Hi @racedynamics,

I am planning to install RD tune box for my 85 PS duster. I stay at Trivandrum and would like to know whether you have any dealer here through whom I could get it installed.

Also would like to know if the dual channel model is available for Duster.

Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 22:48   #460
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello team,
I want to share my new observation about diesel tronic box in my grand i10. There is considerable power gain when I shift modes to p1 or p2 below 100 kmph. Today I was driving at 120 kmph in stock mode and felt no difference when I switched to p1 or p2. I tried this multiple times and same result. Is it because tuning box is not making any significant gain at top end? There is very significant difference if I start driving in p1 or p2 mode and also I can feel the difference when I switch to power modes below 100 kmph.
Old 6th April 2016, 23:03   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Hello team,
I want to share my new observation about diesel tronic box in my grand i10. There is considerable power gain when I shift modes to p1 or p2 below 100 kmph. Today I was driving at 120 kmph in stock mode and felt no difference when I switched to p1 or p2. I tried this multiple times and same result. Is it because tuning box is not making any significant gain at top end? There is very significant difference if I start driving in p1 or p2 mode and also I can feel the difference when I switch to power modes below 100 kmph.
Please don't switch maps at such speeds. It's not recommended.
Switch from one map to the other at standstill. There's a major chance of damage to integral components while switching maps in motion.
Old 6th April 2016, 23:30   #462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Please don't switch maps at such speeds. It's not recommended.
Switch from one map to the other at standstill. There's a major chance of damage to integral components while switching maps in motion.
I usually do not switch maps while driving at high speeds. I drive in p1 most of the time. Also it is nowhere mentioned not to switch maps in motion while they advertise the feature of Switch on fly.
Old 10th April 2016, 11:30   #463
BHPian

Hi DieselTronic Team,

I am having a dieseltronic tuning box from 2011 on my i20 Crdi. Have been a extremely satisfied customer over the last 4.5 years. Haven't faced a single issue yet as well. The car has run for around 57k kms post the installation. I usually use the tuning box either in the stock mode or the P2 mode. (usually 50+% of the times, its in P2 mode).

I just happened to notice that there is a dual channel tuning box that you have as well now, which is compatible with the i20.

Would there be any major difference between the single channel one I have compared to this dual channel one? Is there anyway I can exchange my existing one with this? (If at all its a possibility?)

Cheers
Old 10th May 2016, 09:38   #464
BHPian

Is the tuning box available for the S-Cross 1.6? People are using the Code-6 remap but didn't come across anyone using the racedynamics tuning box on the 1.6
Old 10th May 2016, 09:45   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Is the tuning box available for the S-Cross 1.6? People are using the Code-6 remap but didn't come across anyone using the racedynamics tuning box on the 1.6
I have contacted RD about the same. They have both single and dual channel box for 1.6 S cross.

Cheers!
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks