Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2016, 09:50   #466
BHPian

Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Great! Do share the details as and when possible. Apart from driveability, going by power figures, jump is estimated around 140 bhp+ and torque at 380 nm+ ?
Old 10th May 2016, 10:01   #467
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Great! Do share the details as and when possible. Apart from driveability, going by power figures, jump is estimated around 140 bhp+ and torque at 380 nm+ ?
They have not dynoed 1.6 S cross to quote exact power gain and offered to do if I buy tuning box
Old 24th May 2016, 15:17   #468
Senior - BHPian

What effect does this chip have on city traffic at crawling speeds?

I'm looking for a chip which will help me overcome the MJD issue of low speed torque.
Old 26th May 2016, 10:37   #469
BANNED

Hi Rd Team . A great experience on my elantra with the box. and now want the same for my Duster 110 ps . Please recommend if we have one for this and what will be the possitives of this.
Deepu Sharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 22:13   #470
BHPian

Hello Folks! Is there anyone here with an RD Box on their XUV 500? I have a 2012 W8 XUV, approaching 1 lakh kms and was looking to change up things a bit.

Is the RD Box compatible with XUV in first place? Would love to hear from the RD team and also anyone here with an XUV running on RD maps. Thanks in advance.
Old 4th June 2016, 17:59   #471
BHPian

Installed RD box for my 85ps Duster. Drove for around 25Km.

My initial impression is, yes there is definitely a difference in the P1 mode for I could only try that in the short spin. Did engage P2 mode on the fly while I was driving in P1 mode and did feel a bit more extra surge. In P1 I felt the engine got a bit more quieter and was revving more freely now.
Old 12th June 2016, 08:36   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepeshh View Post
Installed RD box for my 85ps Duster. Drove for around 25Km.

My initial impression is, yes there is definitely a difference in the P1 mode for I could only try that in the short spin. Did engage P2 mode on the fly while I was driving in P1 mode and did feel a bit more extra surge. In P1 I felt the engine got a bit more quieter and was revving more freely now.
Hello Deepeshh, I too have a terrano 85ps with FGT.
can you shed some more light on just how much performance upgrade this box has made.
I have heard that 110ps VGT(variable geometry turbocharger) get better juice out of this box, than FGT(fixed geometry turbocharger).
getting one installed today. let me know soon.
Old 15th June 2016, 10:45   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitish.arnold View Post
Hello Deepeshh, I too have a terrano 85ps with FGT.
can you shed some more light on just how much performance upgrade this box has made.
I have heard that 110ps VGT(variable geometry turbocharger) get better juice out of this box, than FGT(fixed geometry turbocharger).
getting one installed today. let me know soon.
Hi Nitish,

As far a my knowledge goes RD have only 1 kit for Duster irrespective of PS and they don't have dual channel for Duster.

In terms of performance I get better acceleration in P1 mode and in town drivability has improved. I felt the engine to be much more quiter on acceleration. Have not tested the p2 mode extensively, but can definitely say there is more power on demand in P2.

On a rough calculation I think there is an increase of around 1km in mileage in P1 mode.
deepeshh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2016, 13:07   #474
BHPian

So, I too jumped the gun and got the RaceDynamics Dieseltronic single channel installed on my Terrano 85ps with FGT.

For the questions already answered, I won't repeat them pointers.
For the doubts I faced, I will try to explain them in detail after using my ride as a guinea pig for a week (1000 kms).

I was a little apprehensive, that how this small black box would alter my performance or mileage, but once I drove 100 km or so, I knew it was doing what it promised. The different modes has enabled me to extract every single bit of powerjuice available on tap.

For people looking for dual channel dieseltronic, they must check whether they have FGT (fixed geometry turbocharger) or VGT (variable geometry turbocharger). Single channel is most suited for FGT, whereas VGT can choose between single and dual (costs 6 grand more)

Need to upgrade the mediocre brakes to handle the extra power now.
Considering an aftermarket exhaust and air filter in the next upgrade.

So far, I have been happy with the way my ride is behaving with this little black box, will keep you guys updated about any new things I learn during the course.

P.S.I am using a bluetooth OBD2 adapter and Torque-PRO to measure the difference in performance. For mileage, it's old school tankful to tankful.
Attached Thumbnails
Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box-12522923_1124810004197347_4414723859072947738_n.jpg  

Nitish.arnold is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 05:40   #475
BHPian

@Racedynamics: Is the diesel box available for the TUV300? What kind of performance/mileage increase can be executed on the 84ps and 100ps models?
Old 17th August 2016, 17:38   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
@Racedynamics: Is the diesel box available for the TUV300? What kind of performance/mileage increase can be executed on the 84ps and 100ps models?
Race Dynamics has the 'dieseltronics' box for the TUV. I have fixed one on my 84 bhp TUV and the transformation in P2 mode is great, with a slight drop in the FE. Tried all the other 3 modes too, but just for a short while, only to check if it works.
Once you get hooked to P2, its difficult to go down.

Fuel efficiency before and after.
The last 2 figures (latest 2 readings) are after fitting the box.
Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box-screenshot_20160817131649.png
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 10:35   #477
BHPian

any long term review on non intercooler innova?
I am planning to get a single channel for my 50k run innova
Old 7th September 2016, 10:41   #478
Distinguished - BHPian

I just read in Autocar magazine that RD has sent them a dual channel box to test in their 1.6 S-Cross meant for long term reviews. Autocar would publish the review after testing the box for few weeks.
Old 19th October 2016, 16:02   #479
BHPian

I have ordered a RaceDyanamics DieselTronic Lite for my Swift Diesel. It is a fairly new product but right now its very cheap considering there other offerings at 11k hence the order. Has anyone else tried this LITE version of dieseltronic in any car they provide it for ? what difference is there in performance and drivability ?
Old 25th October 2016, 20:01   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliAbdullah View Post
I have ordered a RaceDyanamics DieselTronic Lite for my Swift Diesel. It is a fairly new product but right now its very cheap considering there other offerings at 11k hence the order. Has anyone else tried this LITE version of dieseltronic in any car they provide it for ? what difference is there in performance and drivability ?
I had spoken to Racedynamics the other day, and was told that the LITE version has only one map and is somewhere between P1 and P2 modes of the regular box.
prkiran is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed