Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2017, 17:38   #541
BHPian

Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
I have diestronices in my Figo TDCI for around 4 years now. The remote battery dies now. I have opened the remote and found the battery specs is 27A, 12V. I could find the items available online at Amazon / Flipkart. Will they be available in local electrical / electronics stores?
Have bought a new battery in the local electrical shop and put in the remote. But still the remote is not working (the blue indicator light is not glowing). Anyone faced issue with their remote and how to get that replaced?
Old 22nd May 2017, 23:00   #542
bkc
BHPian

Re: DieselTronic smoked my clutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliAbdullah View Post
. regret all this overenthusiastic driving now, It cost me around 1800 rs extra in diesel, and a burnt clutch. Its when i drove the car the same evening i realized that the clutch was absolutely shot. The engine would rev from 1400 to 2000 rpm normally after which it slips all the way to 2600 rpm and stays there until the wheel speed increased and then pulls ahead. The turbo kick and torque surge is gone and it feels like a naturally aspirated car to drive, the clutch slip is appalling.
Hi AliAbdullah,
I see your clutch wear out too soon, than its expected life at mere 25, xxx Kms. I have stock clutch on my remapped Optra, at 57, xxx kms. I guess, you would be under warranty and my Swift's clutch was replaced under warranty at 10, xxx Kms (clutch was fine anyway but, they replaced to sort some other issue).
Boost DIY looks good.
Thanks,
Bharath

Last edited by bkc : 22nd May 2017 at 23:01. Reason: errors
Old 24th May 2017, 13:09   #543

Hi all!!
I am a bit nervous getting mods done on my car (Innova 2014). So any help would be deeply appreciated. I would like to improve the pickup and speed and can someone tell me where in Hyderabad i can get to fix a DieselTronic tuner. The car has done close to 45K.
Will it reduce engine noise in any manner?
Old 24th May 2017, 14:34   #544
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cskbh View Post
can someone tell me where in Hyderabad i can get to fix a DieselTronic
Do check this link for the list of dealers :

http://dieseltronic.racedynamics.com/dealers/

I would suggest dual channel box from Race Dynamics. It controls both rail pressure and turbo boost. Power delivery is much better than single channel box.

Cheers!!
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 14:55   #545
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have a 2012 Etios Liva GD. My main requirement is better acceleration (0-100 time). Top speed is not much important.
Kindly let me know if there are tangible benefits of this on a Liva.
Thanks in advance.
Old 29th June 2017, 14:25   #546
BHPian

Has anybody used "Tuning Device" like one from Red Rooster: RRP Dyna Drive?
Does it make sense to have it installed on Duster 85ps Diesel?
foxtrot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 16:28   #547
BHPian

Got the dual-channel Dieseltronic kit installed on my XUV a couple of weeks ago from RaceSmithAuto, Mumbai. Fantastic is an understatement to describe the experience.

The installation was simple and quick and all it took was an hour to wire it properly and attach the box safely in one corner of the engine bay away from all heating and moving parts. What was sorely missed was a bunch of 3M style double-sided tape or few velcro patch stickers along with the kit (RD guys - its a must include in the box).

The power surge in P2 is insane with the big car feeling like its high on steroids. The way she pulls with a light tap on the gas in P2 is something which is both scary and unbelievable for a car its size. I have noticed that too much fun in P2 tends to get expensive at the fuel bunk so I keep it strictly for those open-road drives where there is enough space to let her stretch her legs. You do tend to hear the engine a lot more in the cabin in P2 though and the ever-quiet XUV cabin suddenly has this boom from the engine which even the passengers tend to notice. To me its just pure music of the car coming into its own with a mood to play serious ball.

I usually drive her now daily in P1 mode and while its definitely peppier and faster than the stock maps, the biggest surprise was the gain in fuel efficiency. My daily use cycle denoted an indicated 12.x kmpl on the MID which has now gone up to a steady 14.x post the RD box. No matter how I driver her, the figure on the MID refuses to go south of 14 kmpl which frankly is fantastic. This gain in fuel efficiency alone is worth spending on the kit. The overall driveability and responsiveness of the engine has definitely gone up vs stock. It even feels smoother across the rev range now (the XUV engine was already quite refined to begin with).

The E mode honestly is boring and blah specially after driving it in P1/2. In anycase I am very happy with the fuel efficiency being returned on P1 so I see no need for me to go into E mode unless I am limping on a dry tank and trying to stretch every last drop of fuel in search of the next bunk.

Believe me, that P2 mode is worth every single penny spent on the DieselTronic specially if you own an XUV. It will make you fall in love with your car all over again.

Last edited by narula123 : 24th July 2017 at 16:32.
narula123 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 16:47   #548
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Believe me, that P2 mode is worth every single penny spent on the DieselTronic specially if you own an XUV. It will make you fall in love with your car all over again.
I have driven few cars with dual channel box and I can't agree with you more

For XUV 500, RD dual channel box is the best bet. Remap is little risky for this car. Bench flash (Open ECU job) for XUV 500 is not that easy and I know few remap guys who even bricked the ECU .
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 17:42   #549
BHPian

Quote:
My daily use cycle denoted an indicated 12.x kmpl on the MID which has now gone up to a steady 14.x post the RD box. No matter how I driver her, the figure on the MID refuses to go south of 14 kmpl which frankly is fantastic. This gain in fuel efficiency alone is worth spending on the kit.
Please note that after this installation, the MID is no longer accurate. A detailed explanation was provided in an earlier post (if you go back around 3/4 pages).

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Fuel efficiency shown on the MID becomes inaccurate to the tune of 10-15% after a tuning box is installed, as it fools the ECU into injecting more fuel than the ECU instructed! From now on, you can't trust the MID FE and the range displayed, as both of them will be optimistic. Full-tank method is the only way to go.
I can vouch for this personally. On my Innova, the MID shows an average FE of around 15-15.3 kmph, but in my tankful-to-tankful calculation it translates to around 11.5-12 kmph. Earlier (prior to the install) the gap in the real-life fuel efficiency and that displayed on the MID was only around 1 kmpl.

So the bump in the MID calculated fuel efficiency (which honestly even made me super happy initially) is just a calculation error.

That said, the improvement in the driving character without adversely impacting fuel efficiency itself is a noteworthy achievement.
sachinayak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 17:58   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Please note that after this installation, the MID is no longer accurate. A detailed explanation was provided in an earlier post (if you go back around 3/4 pages).
Yikes. I had wondered if the box had manipulated the MID in any way but then decided against it as the box dint seem 'smart' enough to fool the system to that extent. Guess I was wrong on it. Will try the full tank method to validate this next time. Thanks for the headsup
Old 9th September 2017, 00:45   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Got the dual-channel Dieseltronic kit installed on my XUV a couple of weeks ago from RaceSmithAuto, Mumbai. Fantastic is an understatement to describe the experience.
Is your XUV a manual or AT?

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 9th September 2017 at 01:18. Reason: Please don't quote a full, long post.
Old 9th September 2017, 09:17   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk7671 View Post
Is your XUV a manual or AT?
Its a Manual. I think the box should work with the AT as well
Old 9th September 2017, 09:24   #553
BHPian

Has anyone installed the Diesel Tronic box on their Creta, are there any reviews of it ?. The only complaint I have about this car is the low end torque, its pretty dull. I always felt this care needed more power, especially on the highways. I would like to know two things :

1. If the the DT will take care of the low end torque problem ?

2. I do drive with a pretty heavy right foot, should I be bit concerned about the clutch? I don't want it to fry up.
Old 9th September 2017, 09:41   #554
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
Has anyone installed the Diesel Tronic box on their Creta, are there any reviews of it ?. The only complaint I have about this car is the low end
One of my friend is using RD dual channel box in his Creta. The performance is very good. There is good punch even at low end. The maximum difference is in mid range. Please get dual channel box and not single channel. Dual channel box controls both fuel and boost : better power delivery. Also you can contact RD and take a demo of the box.

Cheers!

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 9th September 2017 at 09:45.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 19:19   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
Has anyone installed the Diesel Tronic box on their Creta, are there any reviews of it ?. The only complaint I have about this car is the low end torque, its pretty dull. I always felt this care needed more power, especially on the highways. I would like to know two things :

1. If the the DT will take care of the low end torque problem ?

2. I do drive with a pretty heavy right foot, should I be bit concerned about the clutch? I don't want it to fry up.

I recently got dual channel box installed on my Creta 1.4. I'm driving in P1 for about 2k kms and the torque in P1 is enough to keep you moving in third gear in slow moving traffic. I see that the RPM needle moves faster to the 1200 band compared to the stock /economy mode. I never tried P2 and E mode, I don't see it using myself in city B2B. I beleive it is for highways mainly.

Let me know if you have queries.

Most Viewed