Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2017, 13:44   #571
Senior - BHPian

Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
You can order the box from Amazon. Installation is not difficult in 1.3 MJD. RD team will send you the pics of location of sensors. Dual channel box should be compatible with even 1.3 SHVS.

Actually its not a DIY product, its a product that can be installed by anyone if they know how its done and have tried doing it at least once. Just paid the hefty price with my install. The rail Pressure sensor of the 150 BHP cruze has the notch underneath the sensor, which is not accessible, a hot engine makes things brittle, broke the sensor, car refused to start, Paid 11.5K for the sensor(used). New one from the showroom comes with the rail and its 31k.

I suggest take it to the local Racedynamics dealer/distributer they will install it for free, don't try any heroics.

I paid total 39.5k for the box, am I happy, hell yes. could have saved 11.5k if I took it to the installer.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 10:07   #572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Here's the link from Amazon.in:

DieselTRONIC (Dual Channel) - Maruti Brezza (Diesel)

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01L257JQY/..._5Ue1zb6JZ6290
Hi a4anurag:
I see there’s another link showing lite version of the tuning box available for brezza. Is it the single channel box?

Looking at the reviews, I’m pretty convinced the box won’t kill the turbo. Do you also think this would cause the car to spit out more smoke? Because I do not want add more carbon to ozone whilst it’s already being done at the approved levels by the car knowing it to be diesel powered.

PS:
Some studies also shares data such as pollution ratio standing at 1 diesel car : 20 petrol cars
Old 9th October 2017, 10:18   #573
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
I see there’s another link showing lite version of the tuning box available for brezza. Is it the single channel box?
There are 3 types of tuning boxes for Brezza from RD.

1. DT lite : It's a single channel box without remote control.

2. DT single channel box with remote control

3. DT dual channel box

Based on my personal experience of trying these boxes on various cars (most of my friends).. I find dual channel is the best option if it's available for your car. More air and more fuel is always better than just more fuel in a single channel box
Old 9th October 2017, 10:48   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are 3 types of tuning boxes for Brezza from RD.

1. DT lite : It's a single channel box without remote control.

2. DT single channel box with remote control

3. DT dual channel box

Based on my personal experience of trying these boxes on various cars (most of my friends).. I find dual channel is the best option if it's available for your car. More air and more fuel is always better than just more fuel in a single channel box
Thanks for highlighting the difference. Yes, the mixture would get too rich on single channel as you highlighted, I believe coughing up more black smoke which I will want to avoid. I will be going in for a dual channel box and RD is located very near to my place in Sarjapur road. Perhaps, I'll pay them a visit before finalizing the deal. My car's completed 12.5k on odo till date. Will be looking at the box as the next add-on before going in for XP Micro LED's for fog - not sure if I should either go for XP Micro or the RD box
Old 9th October 2017, 23:31   #575
BHPian

Is this box available for Tata Hexa ? If yes then how it will work with those four driving modes (manual Gear box) ?
Old 10th October 2017, 01:16   #576
BANNED

Quote:
Will be looking at the box as the next add-on before going in for XP Micro LED's for fog - not sure if I should either go for XP Micro or the RD box
How much of the usage that you have currently is pertaining to night time driving?

If the above said duration of usage is higher, then get the XP Micro projector first (check this link (DIY: S-Cross Headlight Upgrade to Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III Bi-Xenons)). Then you can get the RD Box.
Old 10th October 2017, 10:38   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
How much of the usage that you have currently is pertaining to night time driving?

If the above said duration of usage is higher, then get the XP Micro projector first (check this link (DIY: S-Cross Headlight Upgrade to Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III Bi-Xenons)). Then you can get the RD Box.
Yeah. I drive down to my hometown at least once in 10 or 15 days. Usage on the highways is marginal. City driving is high in fact during nights.

Also on the RD box, I’ve noticed after you get the service invoice there’s a column in the bill which says suggestions by service personnel where in they drop their suggestions or observation regarding the condition of the vehicle. They do mention of any mods done to the car and if that has to be removed or retained - as I recall seeing it (unable to find the service bills with me) . These things will be recorded in their systems and in case after doing all these mods that are visible, I believe MASS will decline of any warranty claims any customer will do for that matter after going through details service log history. Isn’t this a bit concerning?
Old 10th October 2017, 10:59   #578
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
These things will be recorded in their systems and in case after doing all these mods that are visible, I believe MASS will decline of any warranty claims any customer will do for that matter after going through details service log history. Isn’t this a bit concerning?
That's the advantage of these tuning boxes. You can always remove the box before giving it for service. What's there in spending 15 minutes to remove the box in every 10K kms?
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 11:09   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's the advantage of these tuning boxes. You can always remove the box before giving it for service. What's there in spending 15 minutes to remove the box in every 10K kms?
Yup - this didn’t flash thanks for the sneak-through idea. So the modes offered in the RD box, they basically change the air:fuel ratio in each of their modes? Since you’ve driven your friends car running on tuning box, I’d like to take your first hand opinion on this.
Old 10th October 2017, 11:30   #580
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Since you’ve driven your friends car running on tuning box, I’d like to take your first hand opinion on this.
I am not a fan of single channel box from RD. But the dual channel box is really amazing. I have driven and tested Honda Jazz with dual channel box and it was really addictive. I had used single channel box in my Grand i10 and later shifted to remap.

RD dual channel box for 1.3 MJD should be very good. The gains were as good as remap and in some cases it was even better than remap by few tuners.
Old 11th October 2017, 13:43   #581
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Bought myself a dual channel box for my Ertiga; and I see my car is fairly responsive from 1500 rpm itself; mileage also increased by 1.5-2 km over the last 2000 km.
Hi, is your Ertiga with SHVS? If it is, how has been the drive after the box?

Anyone who has used the box in 1.3L SHVS engine by Maruti?

Last edited by BoneCollector : 11th October 2017 at 14:01.
Old 11th October 2017, 15:18   #582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Hi, is your Ertiga with SHVS? If it is, how has been the drive after the box?

Anyone who has used the box in 1.3L SHVS engine by Maruti?
No, its a pre SVHS model.
The only difference I could really feel is that vehicle is slightly more responsive at earlier RPMs. I couldnt notice any difference in power as claimed.

I removed that chip before my trip to Ladak to avoid any possible malfunction at high altitude. Not yet decided if I will fit it back or not.
Old 11th October 2017, 15:34   #583
BHPian

Anyone here who has installed the Dieseltronics on their AT XUV early on (during the break in period, before 5k)?

I have been using this turning box for my vehicles since 2011. Last it was on my manual XUV and my god what a beast it had become. I have upgraded to an AWD XUV AT and was wondering if have to wait so long till the break in period
Old 12th October 2017, 13:01   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not a fan of single channel box from RD. But the dual channel box is really amazing. I have driven and tested Honda Jazz with dual channel box and it was really addictive. I had used single channel box in my Grand i10 and later shifted to remap.

RD dual channel box for 1.3 MJD should be very good. The gains were as good as remap and in some cases it was even better than remap by few tuners.
I’m hoping to get one soon to get first hand experience. I do have friends running on this box to get a real time experience of one before I can come up with a decision. Looking at what you’re saying, inspires confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
No, its a pre SVHS model.
The only difference I could really feel is that vehicle is slightly more responsive at earlier RPMs. I couldnt notice any difference in power as claimed.

I removed that chip before my trip to Ladak to avoid any possible malfunction at high altitude. Not yet decided if I will fit it back or not.
Are you using single or dual channel box? Like Naren and others have quoted it appears like they do see considerable change in power and torque output with dual channel box.
Old 12th October 2017, 13:20   #585
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I’m hoping to get one soon to get first hand experience. I do have friends running on this box to get a real time experience of one before I can come up with a decision. Looking at what you’re saying, inspires confidence
If you are in Bangalore, I am sure you would get demo of RD dual channel box. Do call them and confirm

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks