Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2017, 12:39   #616
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Was it dual channel box in XUV 500 and single channel box in other two cars? If so, that would be the reason. Dual channel box increases the boost too.
All cars are on single channel tuning box. I just got Quantum Remap for my Isuzu D-Max V-Cross, it also smokes under heavy acceleration but not on off-road obstacles unlike Endeavour and Duster with RD tuning box.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 12:52   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Which car do you drive?

I have seen comparatively less amount of smoke in P2 on my old car XUV-500 AWD, in comparison Endeavour 3.0 LT and Duster AWD smoke a lot more.

I find none of this alarming, I have seen remaps throw similar amount of smoke on heavy acceleration.
Mine is a 150bhp cruze auto.

Pramod
Old 29th December 2017, 21:28   #618
BHPian

Anything currently available on Figo 1.4 tdci?
Old 29th December 2017, 22:07   #619
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
Anything currently available on Figo 1.4 tdci?
RD has single channel box for Figo 1.4 TDCI. It controls only rail pressure. Check the below link for all supported cars.
http://dieseltronic.racedynamics.com/supported-cars/
Old 30th December 2017, 11:17   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Hello friends, I am planning to fit dieseltronics dual channel for my i20 that has clocked 30k KMs. So I called up their Koramangala office and enquired about it . They asked about my car usage. I told them that I use it mainly on highways as I do weekly trips to my hometown. The person who spoke to me told that dieseltronics will bump up the mid range and would be very useful in city traffic and on highways there would be no considerable change. He also suggested me to go for single channel. Could anyone who has installed this do Hyundai i20 give a brief review and is it good for highways?
Quoting this post as I'm also interested. Just back from a highway trip and on this trip the driving was a bit aggressive. The car delivered except for an annoying FLAT (capitals to stress my point) spot in 5th and 6th gear at about 1800-1900 RPM. The acceleration goes dead in that RPM and then suddenly the car surges forward after that. Surprisingly, this is only felt with pedal-to-metal driving and if driven normally, this flat spot is never felt. Is it turbo lag due to FGT? It's a bit weird I know but I felt it every time only when I drove aggressively.

Will an RD box help me get around this phenomenon? Would love to hear from i20 users and experts.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 17:24   #621
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Will an RD box help me get around this phenomenon? Would love to hear from i20 users and experts.
It looks like a flat spot and something to do with ECU calibration itself. I don't think RD box can help much. Only option is a good remap where a tuner can fine tune and eliminate flat spots.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 16:45   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
The car delivered except for an annoying FLAT (capitals to stress my point) spot in 5th and 6th gear at about 1800-1900 RPM. The acceleration goes dead in that RPM and then suddenly the car surges forward after that. Surprisingly, this is only felt with pedal-to-metal driving and if driven normally, this flat spot is never felt. Is it turbo lag due to FGT? It's a bit weird I know but I felt it every time only when I drove aggressively.

Even I am facing the same issue. When I drive the car aggressively then there is a dull phase just round 2000 rpm where in there is a flat spot as you had mentioned. I thought it is due to turbo issue and got it checked couple of times with the service center but could not get it resolved. I thought to be an issue with my car alone. Looks like there are few who are experiencing the same issue (???) like you.
sabsubs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 19:30   #623
BHPian

My friend owns a rapid 1.6 tdi and he is considering the Rd box for it. The car is 5.5 years old and has successfully completed 1,20,000kms without any major replacments. The clutch hasn't been replaced, only the timing belt changed. He intends to keep the car for another 30,000kms and 2years.
So should he go for the box or should he avoid it? Is there any other thing that he should look out for?
Old 23rd April 2018, 10:33   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
My experience with RD Tuning box has been great. There were mainly 2 reasons for buying the tuning box-

1. My other car is Skoda Laura DSG, although XUV 500 is pretty peppy by SUV standards but it feels a bit weaker if driven back to back.

2. I did a lot of offroading in XUV, with the tall gearing and no low range gearing reduction, extra pep was very much required especially in sand where the stock car bogs down in no time.

Now nothing solves the above stated purposes better than a good remap, but being a Mahindra SUV i was dependent on extended warranty and the plug and play feature of the tuning box was just right.

I rarely calculate fuel economy, P1 was almost at par with stock, in P2 FE dropped by around 1 kpl. I used the car mostly in either P1 or P2. E mode is just too weak, spoils the driveability too much.
How much kms you have done with the tuning box in place? Is this detachable & do you remove this while you give it for service etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
For XUV 500, RD dual channel box is the best bet. Remap is little risky for this car. Bench flash (Open ECU job) for XUV 500 is not that easy and I know few remap guys who even bricked the ECU .
Safe bet to go for a tuning box in this case. Your recommendation adds lots of importance as you have experience with many tuners
Surprise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 10:58   #625
BHPian

I have been using RD single channel in my Honda Amaze for the past 15,000kms and was very happy with the product. One month back the check engine light started coming up and car stalled. It was then refusing to start. Only after cranking a couple of times will the car start. Then it got worse one day and the car started only after I removed the box. I took it to honda for an obd scanning and it showed high rail pressure. They diagnosed the problem as a loose wire of the fuel pressure sensor but could it be because of the box because the car used to stall 2kms after I changed the mode of the box from stock to P1 or P2.
arjunsatheesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 22:20   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racedynamics View Post
Hello, Yes it is compatible with them. Glad to help, thanks !
Hi, I have a Renault Duster 110 Bhp. Can you suggest a matching RD tuning box and where can I get it installed in Bangalore.
Old 4th October 2018, 21:39   #627
BHPian

My Punto is wolfed, however I am not very happy with the performance. This time I would like to try Dieseltronics in my Thar. Has anyone used dieseltronics in a Thar? Experiences/suggestions will be highly appreciated. Eagerly waiting for a reply. Thanks in advance :-)
Old 9th October 2018, 09:04   #628
Senior - BHPian

I have added a Dieseltronic dual channel box to my Fortuner recently. The low range driving comfort is very noticeable. The gearshifts are lesser and the engine seems to be running smoother than earlier.

I have a long drive coming up and will see how much difference this box makes to the mileage parameter.

A good product!!
Attached Thumbnails
Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box-1539056005105.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 10th October 2018 at 07:09. Reason: Grammar
getsurya is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 5th November 2018, 16:01   #629
BHPian

Ok Guys,

So here is an update after like 40k odd kms,
The device just failed one day after I got my Terrano serviced.
The cause of failure is unknown, as I was present throughout the service much to the displeasure of the mechanics, and they did not touch the device/wiring harness.

I was on an expressway when rail pressure started going haywire, I somehow crossed. the E-way with ZERO throttle input, and then got it towed to the service center.

They diagnosed the problem in half an hour with the dead RD device.

You know the importance of something when it's gone,
I took the box for granted when it was there,
but realized the smooth torque & power loss when it was away.

I sent it via courier to the RD team,
Dhamodar from their team was very helpful with the whole process,
He tested the device & confirmed it's dead,
& despite me having misplaced warranty/invoice papers,

He is replacing the Device out of sheer goodwill.

I mean, how often do you see that.
I am oblidged, Really! Thanks a ton.

Team Racedynamics, Thanks again.

Last edited by Nitish.arnold : 5th November 2018 at 16:02.
Nitish.arnold is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 16:06   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympal View Post
Hi, I have a Renault Duster 110 Bhp. Can you suggest a matching RD tuning box and where can I get it installed in Bangalore.
Hey man,
You should get the Dual channel one.

I got a single channel one, because mine is FGT 85bhp (fixed geometry turbo)
Yours is VGT (variable geometry turbo)

Hope that helps,
Let me know if you have any other confusion,
been using the box for 40,000 kms now on a Nissan Terrano 85ps

Most Viewed