Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Old 22nd December 2019, 16:24   #646
BHPian

Default Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amith_kumar View Post
Can any Brezza owner please share their feedback about the box? I am contemplating buying one for my 2 year old car.
It's excellent, even with a single channel box. Turbo kick is improved massively.
P2 mode of the single channel box overwhelms the stock clutch on my Ciaz in 4th / 5th gears - so no need to get the dual channel box. It's one of the best engines to use this box on because the lag is quite bad in stock form.
Old 4th January 2020, 00:58   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Its has been a few months since I installed the box and it is performing very well.
As far as the brakes are concerned, I did not upgrade the brakes and in my opinion, it is not necessary.
Are you using single channel or dual channel? Did you ask the guy difference between both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishv1987 View Post
Got the box installed a couple of weeks ago. The XUV has always been an effortless cruiser. With the box, the turbo kicking in becomes a lot more apparent and makes overtaking a lot of fun.

Very very happy with box.
Is it a dual channel?

Does it put any impact on clutch plates?

Last edited by dicor : 4th January 2020 at 00:59. Reason: Additional query.
Old 4th January 2020, 15:20   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicor View Post
Is it a dual channel?

Does it put any impact on clutch plates?
Yes it is a dual channel channel box. As far as I'm aware, there is no negative impact on the clutch.
Old 5th January 2020, 14:25   #649
BHPian

Hey guys
Looking for a power bump in my honda city idtec
For normal city driving
Would fellow bhpians suggest a dieseltronic tuning box or a ecu remap?
Old 5th January 2020, 15:39   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
Hey guys
Looking for a power bump in my honda city idtec
For normal city driving
Would fellow bhpians suggest a dieseltronic tuning box or a ecu remap?
Remap is a lot better than the Racedynamic's DT box. I bought one for my Figo and to be honest it did not feel like a change to me.

I asked the RD guys to buy back as it is just 2 months old but they refused. I even said to return just 60% of the price still they refused. They said they can retune it but the box need to be sent to them. No courier company was ready to ship it to Bangalore at a reasonable price or without an undertaking. Fortunately, I was able to sell it on OLX at half the price. Used that money to get a Wolf Moto remap and now I am quite happy with it.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 14:41   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it is a dual channel channel box. As far as I'm aware, there is no negative impact on the clutch.
How difficult is the installation compared to a single channel? Are you able to plug-in and plug-out on your own?

Did you notice the black smoke from exhaust pipe during gear shifts/throttle inputs?

Apologies for bothering you again and again.
Old 7th January 2020, 18:05   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicor View Post
How difficult is the installation compared to a single channel? Are you able to plug-in and plug-out on your own?

Did you notice the black smoke from exhaust pipe during gear shifts/throttle inputs?

Apologies for bothering you again and again.
No problem Sir. More than happy to help.

The box should be connected to the sensors of the turbo and the wiring of the rail pressure. So if you have hands-on experience with the internals of the car, it might be possible to do the installation yourself. I went to Race Dynamics (Koramangala) and the technicians completed the installation in under 30 mins. I was charged a fee of Rs 500. One can always detach (not uninstall) the tuning box and connect the dummy connector. That is quite easy.

In general, whenever a turbocharger kicks in, there is bound to be more smoke than usual. I have not observed a drastic increase as such.

Last edited by satishv1987 : 7th January 2020 at 18:09. Reason: Punctuation
satishv1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 19:22   #653
BHPian

Quote:
No problem Sir. More than happy to help
Mate thanks a lot.

So, I've spoken to Race dynamics guy (Mr Dhamodar) in Bangalore. He was very helpful and based on my inputs he suggested that I should go for a single channel for my 140 BHP XUV5OO. He was kind to help me with locating a distributor in Pune as well.

Pune distributor Amotee Auto (Kothrud) clarified my doubts related to warranty and processing and cost of changing harness for a future vehicle upgrade.

Finally, I am getting a single channel on this Saturday. Shall keep the fellow members posted on performance and mileage thing.
Old 15th January 2020, 00:16   #654
BHPian

My experience with Single channel Dieseltronic in XUV5OO

TL;DR
Amazing. Just wow!!!

So finally I got this box installed on my XUV on the 11th of Jan 20.

After speaking to Damodar from RD, he suggested for single-channel and gave me Pune distributor's number (Amotee Auto), when I called the distributor, he redirected me to Bafna Cars (Ghole Road). Spoken to Bafna brothers and fixed appointment for Saturday 10:30 AM.

Reached to Bafna cars at 30 mins earlier to let the engine cool down. I called up 2 more friends (XUV owners too) to join me in installation.

An hour later (when the engine cooled down) Bafna brothers installed the device. I requested them to unplug it and let me do the installation by myself so that I can learn too. Mahesh Bafna was kind enough to honour my request.

We took out the beast for a spin in the heavy traffic of FC road. For the first few minutes, we drove in (S)tock mode. Everything seemed to be normal and suddenly we saw that engine check light is on. We parked the vehicle sideways. Switched off the ignition and restarted. Damn, the engine check light was still there. My heart sank and I called Damodar at Racedynamics. He patiently heard my concern and asked me to hand over the phone to the dealer once we reach back to him after TD.

So I started TD again and set the remote to P2 mode. Whoa!!! what happened. I can't believe this is the same XUV!!! It was turned into a rocket. Turbo was kicking in before my expectations. The difference was significantly visible.

I knew that if this light issue does not sort out I will return the box and this was bothering me. I was praying to god that the engine check light issue goes away so that I don't have to return dieseltronic.

By the time I reach back to Bafna cars, Mahesh was waiting for me and was aware of the issue as Damodar had already called him up. Mahesh got the installation done again and engine check light disappeared. It seems that the root cause was a loose connection due to my DIY itch.

It's been 4 days and 250 KMs on odo post-installation. Though I tried all the modes, 80% time I am on P1 and 15% time on P2 mode and 5% on E.

Here are the modes and their experience
  • S - Stock, no difference feels
  • E - Loss of power but not much. Still good for sedate driving.
  • P1 - Noticeable difference in power and torque.
  • P2 - A little more than P1. City/highway overtaking is a breeze. XUV always remain in power band in 2nd or 3rd gear.

Note: It would be unreasonable to expect 2 tonne FWD XUV5OO to behave like S-Cross 1.6 after installation, however, the drive is certainly going to bring a grin on your face.
dicor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 11:43   #655

Does anyone has installed Dieseltronic in their Ford Classic - 1.4 TDCi. I have just inquired with RD team in Bangalore and they were quite helpful in giving all the details associated with it.
I am planning to get it in April month.
Old 18th March 2020, 01:54   #656
BHPian

I have been running a single channel RaceDynamics DiselTronic box on my Thar Crde since a little more than 2 years now. The car has covered around 10,000kms since then and has seen a lot of offroading.

My intention with it was to improve the low end grunt offroad. P1 mode has good mid-range but there isn't much difference under 1700-1800rpm. P2 is a little too raw and requires a very sensitive right foot. But the mid-range is spectacular and I use it only when absolutely required. I use P1 on highways and is usually the default mode. E mode is particularly useful in offroad descents requiring no ABC input. Keeps the revs low at idle and offers better engine braking.

One issue i face is that the battery tends to die out when I use the E mode for long durations on the highway. I start losing the horn. Immediately switching to P1 or P2 is recharging the battery. I suspect an issue with the battery too which is due for a replacement. But its link with the mode selection arises some doubt. Another aspect is the sheer amount of black smoke. The black smoke under full acceleration in P1 or P2 is nearly 2-3 times that of when in S (stock) mode.

I also have a first generation Fortuner for which I'm in two minds about getting a remap/piggyback upgrade like the RD DieselTronic. Dual channel box is available for the Fortuner but I don't want to compromise one bit on the Fortuner's reliability since my usage is high. Another option is to go for a Pete's remap. Has anyone used the dual channel box on the Fortuner? Please let me know your long term review about it.
sharc_biker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 06:55   #657
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijaypatel49 View Post
Does anyone has installed Dieseltronic in their Ford Classic - 1.4 TDCi. I have just inquired with RD team in Bangalore and they were quite helpful in giving all the details associated with it.
I am planning to get it in April month.
I do not recommend it.

I had it on my 1.4 and install is a pain in the behind. On one trip a cable gave way and i had to be in limp mode for the entire journey because i couldn't disconnect the box.

I sold the box immediately thereafter and i have not missed it ever since.

I will not fault the RD team customer service though. They were spectacular, and the team is very good!
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 08:26   #658

Thanks you for sharing your experience.
Old 18th March 2020, 11:05   #659
Ice
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharc_biker View Post
I also have a first generation Fortuner for which I'm in two minds about getting a remap/piggyback upgrade like the RD DieselTronic. Dual channel box is available for the Fortuner but I don't want to compromise one bit on the Fortuner's reliability since my usage is high. Another option is to go for a Pete's remap. Has anyone used the dual channel box on the Fortuner? Please let me know your long term review about it.
I have a Fortuner with 140000 on the clock. 90000 of those have been with a Pete's box on board. No issues till date (*knocks on wood).

My advice : don't hit the rev limiter with the tuning box plugged in. It unnecessarily stresses the engine. Lots of mid-range fun to be had
Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 18:13   #660
BHPian

casually opened this thread, looking at mention of Fortuner - I immediately remembered this article : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4426862 (Toyota Fortuner 4x4 AT : My Furteela Ghonga! 2 years and 1,00,000 km up!) - saying against the use of such box
For my Fortuner, I will probably never install such stuff - reliability being the foremost concern, and the actual usability vs cost. Same for my bike Versys650 too, never will install.

Last edited by pcpranav : 22nd March 2020 at 18:15.

Most Viewed