Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2020, 23:31   #676
BHPian

Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Hey guys, Planning to install the Dieseltronic dual channel box on my 2014 fortuner. Anybody faced any issues so far? I think it is a good investment given the increase in mileage.
Had it installed in my 2011 fortuner and the box malfunctioned on a highway run from delhi to dehradoon, while i was doing triple digit speeds, i just bless my stars it dint happen when i was overtaking, the car just lost all power and i pulled over to the side of the road, called a flatbed crane and towed it to toyota meerut he pulled the box out connected oem wiring and it fired up in half a crank ,ran a diagnostic chk and said in my years at toyota havent seen a fortuner breakdown yours would have been the first, but then again you should not have fidgeted around with it!

After this incident have stayed away from piggy back ecu's and always gone for a remap, running a remap on my endeavour as well as the scorpio and love it way way better then the rd boxes a remapped diesel wont ever disappear in a cloud of diesel fart ever

Last edited by Born 2 Be Wild : 19th November 2020 at 23:32.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 23:41   #677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
a remapped diesel wont ever disappear in a cloud of diesel fart ever
Straight facts A properly remapped turbo diesel won't spit out thick black smoke! Before I went for the remap, did some research and compared remaps vs tuning box and concluded that a good remap is always better than the tuning box, here the stress is on the word 'good'! I haven't seen black smoke from my car even under heavy engine load.
Old 20th November 2020, 08:03   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Straight facts A properly remapped turbo diesel won't spit out thick black smoke! Before I went for the remap, did some research and compared remaps vs tuning box and concluded that a good remap is always better than the tuning box, here the stress is on the word 'good'! I haven't seen black smoke from my car even under heavy engine load.
Thats exactly what i meant a good remap is anyday better then a tuning box! Most tuning boxes will dump more fuel resulting in thick smoke under hard accelaration, i am running quantum remaps on both my diesels and absolutely love it
Old 6th December 2020, 22:09   #679
BHPian

Hello,

I have 2017 Hyundai Creta Diesel SX+ Auto. I am contemplating getting DieselTRONIC box for it.

Being a novice in this topic I need some guidance from experts
- Is it suitable for automatic cars and specifically for Creta auto
- Any feedback from someone who has fitted it on Creta
- Any precautions to be taken after fitting Dieseltronic box
- Any dealer presence in Pune?

Thanks in advance.
Old 16th December 2020, 18:29   #680
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Have a linea MJD 1.3 Diesel (post 2012 model), clocked 65K kilometres so far on it. I am not happy with the pickup, feels sluggish when fully loaded. Should i go for a remap? I contacted blackbox performance and they are quoting BHP increase of 27% (from stock 90 to 117) and 22% increase in torque (stock 209nm to 255nm). Total cost will be 20K.

Is this a good deal and should i go for it?
Old 11th January 2021, 14:27   #681
BHPian

Hi Guys,

It has been a week since I got my RD dual channel installed on my 2018 Brezza Zdi+ clocked 18k. Performance has increased and response is very smooth.

Within a day ordered and installed BMC filter. Must say, with BMC filter there has been a huge difference and I can feel the kick.

So far, I have been driving in P2 mode only.

Got the device installed from a dealer in Delhi for 24k and BMC filter for 6.2k. Device was installed at home and the BMC filter was DIY. Pretty simple and clean installation.

MRP for RD is 26k and BMC 6990.

FE - That's the last one on my list and will check it later. Right now just want to enjoy that extra power.

Am bit scared after reading a few reviews of Fortuner owner dumping the box as the injectors misfired on highways. Will make sure that I switch the box to S or E mode on highways / long drive.

Next on my list is XADO Atomic metal conditioner and Liqui Moly - LMSD Super Diesel Additive. Need advise if I should add these to the engine oil & fuel.
Old 7th April 2021, 11:16   #682

Hi. I am confused whether to go in for single channel or dual channel Dieseltronic for my 2017 XUV 500 W10 Manual. The folks at Racedynamics advised me to go in for single channel. Any views on this?
Old 7th April 2021, 11:47   #683
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyjack View Post
Hi. I am confused about whether to go in for a single channel or dual channel Dieseltronic for my 2017 XUV 500 W10 Manual. The folks at Racedynamics advised me to go in for a single channel. Any views on this?
Not sure why they have recommended the single-channel but I feel for better control and performance, it is best if the dual-channel model is selected for your XUV 5OO.

Alternatively, you can look for getting a remap too, which should be priced similar to what the RD box is priced at. It can be tuned as per how you want it to be.

Last edited by a4anurag : 7th April 2021 at 11:51.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 17:11   #684

Thank you. I guess I should get in touch with Racedynamics and pick their brains
Old 7th April 2021, 18:39   #685
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyjack View Post
Thank you. I guess I should get in touch with Racedynamics and pick their brains
I would suggest go for a remap than a tuning box. As a user of the RD dual channel tuning box on my i20 for the past 1 Lakh plus kms, there are some limitations I faced. It is difficult to get a smooth midrange torque curve from the tuning box. Mind you it is mainly based on the butt dyno feedback over 1 lakh kms of driving. The torque wave, when it hits, is addictive and I do enjoy it. One more drawback is that the engine clatter is bad in P2 mode. Especially when you cross 2300 RPM, the engine sounds too coarse and throaty. The Hyundai diesel mills are one of the most refined out in the market. In P2 mode, I feel like someone put a VW diesel engine that sounds like a tractor under the hood. The power increase over stock is good in P2 mode and I do enjoy the P2 mode when on highways with full load of people+luggage in the car. Power is always on tap and makes overtaking a breeze. P1 is good enough for City and normal highway driving.

With remap, you get best of both refinement and power increase. There is lot more room to tweak the settings with a remap than a tuning box.
sagarpadaki is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 15:21   #686
BHPian

Did someone install DieselTronic in BS6 Diesel quipped with DPF? till now I have not faced any issue with DPF/DEF and I want to continue that. But still want to get more response/power from the 2020 Thar.
Old 22nd August 2022, 11:44   #687
BHPian

Is anyone using RACE DYNAMICS tuning box in NEW THAR 2020?
How is the response?

I am planning to get it but apprehensive about more fuel going to engine and DPF getting clogged etc being a BS6 engine?
Old 26th August 2022, 00:58   #688
BHPian

I wanted to share my experience and ask some questions around the RD Dieseltronics piggyback ECU.

I have been using it over the last 4000km in my Tata Hexa mostly in the city, and have found that it does help with a more linear acceleration, better, predictable overtaking etc.
But I've also noticed that the engine has gotten progressively rougher over this period, and when I gave it for service this week, they found a considerable amount of soot coming from the exhaust (pic attached).

Given that this RD box is a single channel model for the Hexa that only modulates the common rail (i.e., makes the mixture richer) and doesn't touch the turbo system(so the amount of air remains the same,) is this causing more soot in the exhaust, more carbon being deposited in the engine cylinders, and thereby contributing to the engine roughness?

Also, the engine oil was quite viscous and dirty (only 5k since last service).

I usually drive it in P1 or P2 mode.

Can anyone share any observations or thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box-111.png  

vijaysrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 13:22   #689
BHPian

Hi, I’m in a dilemma of choosing between DieselTronic Single Channel or getting a proper remap. I own a Jeep Meridian. Everyone knows its limitation of Power and sudden overtakes are not very smooth, there is a bit of anxiety. I want to overcome that and enjoy this engine more.
If i go for ECU unit, i can plug it out when the car is going for its servicing but the remap cannot be undone easily. I’m scared of voiding my warranty. The car is barely 2 months old.

Please suggest.
Thanks in advance.
Old 14th May 2023, 10:36   #690

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwar19 View Post
Hi, I’m in a dilemma of choosing between DieselTronic Single Channel or getting a proper remap. I own a Jeep Meridian. Everyone knows its limitation of Power and sudden overtakes are not very smooth, there is a bit of anxiety. I want to overcome that and enjoy this engine more.
If i go for ECU unit, i can plug it out when the car is going for its servicing but the remap cannot be undone easily. I’m scared of voiding my warranty. The car is barely 2 months old.

Please suggest.
Thanks in advance.
Hi Starwar19. The only pro that a piggyback ECU provides over a remap is the convenience factor. RD DieselTronic does offer better performance and would surely make your car more peppy. That is my read after using DieselTronic for 2 years. The power surge is addictive and is more than sufficient for most driving conditions. Folks as Mahindra are also pretty broad minded and never caused any issues. The mapping on the RD tuning box is very consistent and till date I've never faced any issues.

A remap, on the other hand will give you near infinite customizing options. However, you need to be extremely cautious in choosing your tuning partner. They can tune the car exactly to your driving style and the power increase will be much more than a piggyback ECU.

So, there you have it. If it's ease and convenience you're looking for, then look no further and go in for a DielselTronic. If you want the car to be tuned exactly to your requirement and driving style, then remapping is the way to go.
Skippyjack is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks