Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2012, 20:16   #91
BANNED

Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
Absolutely. My car runs on P1 all the time in city limits. The increase in power is very noticeable. I do tend to upshift quicker than I used to before. As a result, the car is much more driveable in the city. Regarding FE, without the box, I used to get around 11 in the city (with occasional short bursts at the signal Grand Prix). In P1 I'm getting 12-12.5 under the same driving conditions.

Whereas on the highways its a different story.
I switch to P2 for the highways. The increase in power and more importantly torque is significant! As a result, I can overtake long trucks in 5th gear from 70-80kmph without a sweat. In-gear acceleration is just fanatastic. On most of my highway drives, my average speed being almost 110kmph most of the time, I'm getting 9-9.5 kmpl (In stock I used to get the same). So no reduction in FE, but a very slight improvement.
Since you drive a Scorpio, you could try driving on P2 in the city - A number of Suv owners are reporting good figures in this mode. You could give it a go and see how it works for you.
Old 7th December 2012, 12:04   #92
BHPian

Hello RD,
I'm a big fan of your Tuning box and would like to install one in the very near future.I own an SX4 D & Etios D. Do I have to buy 2 boxes or will one suffice?
Hoping to find an early suggession.
Regards,
Varun
Old 10th December 2012, 20:17   #93
BHPian

Past weekend, I got Dieseltronic tuning box for my Verito. Installed in 15 mins, paid 20k and went home since it was bumper to bumper traffic and could not test drive properly.

Currently running in P2 mode, will drive the car in all modes and write a detailed review later.

Initial impressions - increased low end grunt, peaks faster.

I haven't changed the air filter. Kindly request the experts to suggest a good one for Verito.

Last edited by anandkumargb : 10th December 2012 at 20:18. Reason: more to add
Old 17th December 2012, 10:01   #94
Senior - BHPian

I was driving in P1 mode for almost 5 months now. Changed to P2 for few kms and went back to P1 again.

I could see the P1 mode has become stronger again. It was behaving like stock mode earlier.

Other members can try this and report their findings.
Old 21st December 2012, 00:56   #95
Senior - BHPian

RD - I would like to try out your dual channel tuning box. Do you have it for fiat linea?
Old 7th January 2013, 23:37   #96
BHPian

RD - I am Interested in dual channel tuning box for Ertiga. Kindly let me know when the dual channel tuning box will be available.

Last edited by prakasse : 7th January 2013 at 23:40.
Old 13th January 2013, 06:08   #97
BHPian

Hi RD,

I am interested in the dual channel tuning box for my Chevrolet Cruze, is it already available.

Kindly revert.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 13th January 2013, 11:31   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakasse View Post
RD - I am Interested in dual channel tuning box for Ertiga. Kindly let me know when the dual channel tuning box will be available.
I am interested in this as well for the Ertiga Diesel. Can a trial run be arranged in Mumbai?
Old 13th January 2013, 21:03   #99
BHPian

hi,
need the dual channel box for SX4 diesel.
please guide to places in delhi, will not like to be a DIY
Old 21st January 2013, 01:45   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitvp View Post
I am using RD box for 2 months and over 5k Kms on my 2008 Swift Vdi. I am very happy with it and mostly i use it in P1 mode...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
...Installed the Dieseltronic chip in my Swift last week. Installation was done at Club Saturn accessories shop at Kottayam. It was a 20 minutes job, very simple install. What a change in response in P2 settings.. Just love the extra shove....
Question to both of you -- Did you customize your map or using the same pre-loaded maps? How much has your turbo-lag taken care of in P1 & P2 modes?

Quote:
Can a Diesletronic previously used on a Punto 1.3MJD be used on a Swift D?
Since both cars have the same engine, will the box me compatible with a Swift? Or should it be remapped to the Swift's specs?

Request for a quick reply! A friend is selling it so don't want to lose it...
Did you buy the box? Would like to know what all changes had to be made to make it compatible for Swift D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racedynamics View Post
Hello,...
1. Have you released the new dual channel box for Linea? Price please.

2. What all needs to be done if we use the box for Punto 1.3MJD on Swift D? Are the connectors same? Also do we need to re-program the maps to suit Swift? Does the box need to be send to RD team in Bangalore for that? Also would like to know the cost of the connectors for Swift (if it needs to be replaced).
Old 21st January 2013, 10:23   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Question to both of you -- Did you customize your map or using the same pre-loaded maps? How much has your turbo-lag taken care of in P1 & P2 modes?
I have the box with preloaded maps. I don’t know if RD provides customized maps.

As far as turbo lag is concerned, let me put it this way: The turbo surge you feel in:

Stock: Post 1800RMP
P1: Post 1600RPM
P2: Post 1500RPM
E: Post 2200 RPM

Also in P1 and P2 you feel the power till 4000RPM otherwise it loses steam after 3400 RPM. In E mode since you feel the turbo after 2200RPM your acceleration becomes very linear and smooth. Best suited for relaxed driving.
abhijitvp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 12:03   #102
BANNED

Quote:
1. Have you released the new dual channel box for Linea? Price please.

2. What all needs to be done if we use the box for Punto 1.3MJD on Swift D? Are the connectors same? Also do we need to re-program the maps to suit Swift? Does the box need to be send to RD team in Bangalore for that? Also would like to know the cost of the connectors for Swift (if it needs to be replaced).
Hello, the connectors for the Punto and the Swift D are the same. However the maps differ for the two engines and will need to be updated by us.

You can have a look at which harnesses are swappable between engines here - applicable to all tuning boxes controlling rail pressure.

Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box-harness-types.jpg

Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box-application-chart-page-1.jpg

Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box-application-chart-2-.jpg
Racedynamics is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th January 2013, 00:44   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Did you buy the box? Would like to know what all changes had to be made to make it compatible for Swift D.
Unfortunately, plans didn't materialize. The connectors for both the cars are same, but since the gear ratios are different, there will be a differnece in performance as compared to a specific box mapped for the Swift.

You can buy the box and get it re-mapped at RD by bearing the expenses at your own cost. (Since this was the case with me, the overall expenditure was just short of the price of a new box. So gave it a miss).
97_Octane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2013, 00:51   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...You can buy the box and get it re-mapped at RD by bearing the expenses at your own cost. (Since this was the case with me, the overall expenditure was just short of the price of a new box. So gave it a miss).
So if I buy a box for one car & have to use it on another car of mine, I need to pay for re-map? RD says we need to pay ONLY for the connectors right? If I need to pay for re-mapping, then it is as good as buying two boxes. It doesn't sound cost effective!

This is one major advantage I saw in RD box. Whenever I upgrade to another CRDi car, I could re-use the box by updating the maps at no extra cost! Or my understanding was wrong?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 24th January 2013 at 00:54.
Old 24th January 2013, 09:55   #105
BHPian

Quote:
So if I buy a box for one car & have to use it on another car of mine, I need to pay for re-map?
If you're using it on your own car, i don't think you need to pay for a re-map(Just the connectors if they're different). But if you have purchased a used one and want to get it remapped, I think you will have to bear the expenses (unless the existing customer requests the folks on his behalf ).

Also, if a box under warranty is sold, the warranty does not get transferred to the next buyer. RD can clarify this.

P.S- On my last highway drive, in P2, I've been getting 11.67 kmpl. (Speed was consistent 120 for most of the time. So I'm sure I'd be getting better figures if speed was around 90-100 without hard acceleration). This is the same i get in city in P1. Not bad considering the increase in torque
97_Octane is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks