Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2013, 09:58   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
...P.S- On my last highway drive, in P2, I've been getting 11.67 kmpl. (Speed was consistent 120 for most of the time. So I'm sure I'd be getting better figures if speed was around 90-100 without hard acceleration). This is the same i get in city in P1. Not bad considering the increase in torque
I think you need to specify you drive a Scorpio. For a moment I was wonder-struck which diesel car gives such a low mileage!
Old 24th January 2013, 10:07   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I think you need to specify you drive a Scorpio. For a moment I was wonder-struck which diesel car gives such a low mileage!
Oh my bad!
I have mentioned I drive a 2.6 CRDe in the previous posts. And most of the time I floor it (can't resist the urge ). Hence the low mileage. But I'm still satisfied as I think it's pretty decent for a car it's size.

O.T- Anyone with a Getz CRDi running on an RD box? Want to know if the car actually takes off . I've been on the lookout for a used one (for my newly acquired used (that sounded funny) Getz) as the car will be with me for maybe only 6-7 months. I can later use it in my Swift too.
Old 24th January 2013, 12:09   #108
Senior - BHPian

A question for RD box users:

If I want to switch from P1 to another mode, do I have to stop the car, switch off the engine and then switch it on after changing the mode? If yes, this is rather cumbersome.
Old 24th January 2013, 12:12   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
If I want to switch from P1 to another mode, do I have to stop the car, switch off the engine and then switch it on after changing the mode? If yes, this is rather cumbersome.
You needn't. You can shift from S-P1-P2-E-S...you can go through the entire range while being in motion.

You can feel the difference of the mode kick in within 5 seconds

It remains in the same mode what you were in when you switch off the car and re-start it ( Except for Toyota Innova)
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2013, 12:12   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Nope you don't need to do that, its on the fly changes.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2013, 12:14   #111
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for your lightning fast responses, guys!

I'm contemplating one for my Figo tdci after it crosses 10 K on the odo. It is now 4.1 K, so only a matter of 3 to 4 months.

Has the new version of the RD box been released? If so, how much does it cost, and who are the installers at Hyderabad?
Old 24th January 2013, 12:24   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Has the new version of the RD box been released? If so, how much does it cost, and who are the installers at Hyderabad?
Dual Channel RD box is launched and is priced at Rs.27,000 ( If Iam not wrong) an up of Rs.7000 from the previous version.

You can get it fixed from Fast Tracks at Minister Road who is one of the authorized RD dealers in Hyderabad
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2013, 12:27   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Dual Channel RD box is launched and is priced at Rs.27,000 ( If Iam not wrong) an up of Rs.7000 from the previous version.

You can get it fixed from Fast Tracks at Minister Road who is one of the authorized RD dealers in Hyderabad
Thanks Avi. What are the significant gains of the dual channel box over the traditional one? Is Rs 7000 extra worth it?
Old 24th January 2013, 12:38   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Avi. What are the significant gains of the dual channel box over the traditional one? Is Rs 7000 extra worth it?
Absolutely. The version that iam using just controls the fuel pressure but, the dual channel box controls the turbo-boost too along with fuel pressure

I was scheduled for a TD of the new box in Hyderabad but, Chetan from RD was in a hurry and we couldnt do it ( I hope he is reading this and will arrange a drive sooner than later)

Iam all set to swap mine for the newer version
Old 24th January 2013, 13:20   #115
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
So if I buy a box for one car & have to use it on another car of mine, I need to pay for re-map? RD says we need to pay ONLY for the connectors right? If I need to pay for re-mapping, then it is as good as buying two boxes. It doesn't sound cost effective!

This is one major advantage I saw in RD box. Whenever I upgrade to another CRDi car, I could re-use the box by updating the maps at no extra cost! Or my understanding was wrong?
Quote:
If you're using it on your own car, i don't think you need to pay for a re-map(Just the connectors if they're different). But if you have purchased a used one and want to get it remapped, I think you will have to bear the expenses (unless the existing customer requests the folks on his behalf ).
Swiftnfurious / 97_Octane - We do not charge for updating firmware on the DieselTRONIC unit in the event that you upgrade or sell your box. As you can understand though, we would discourage switching back and forth between two cars.

Quote:
Also, if a box under warranty is sold, the warranty does not get transferred to the next buyer. RD can clarify this.
Warranty would hold good as long as the bill is present and the box/harness has not been tampered with.

Quote:
O.T- Anyone with a Getz CRDi running on an RD box?
Psycho on the forum uses one on his Getz

Quote:
If I want to switch from P1 to another mode, do I have to stop the car, switch off the engine and then switch it on after changing the mode?
Quote:

You can feel the difference of the mode kick in within 5 seconds

It remains in the same mode what you were in when you switch off the car and re-start it ( Except for Toyota Innova)
The unit shifts maps on the fly with the change in power being apparent instantly. The only exception to this would be in the case of the Innova and Fortuner. For these two cars, the engine needs to be turned off and switched back on for the map to shift.

The box will remain in the same mode on all cars.

Quote:
The Dual Channel box is yet to be launched. The price mobike008 has mentioned is indicative and yet to be confirmed.

The dual channel version will not be available for the Figo/Fiesta

Quote:
I was scheduled for a TD of the new box in Hyderabad but, Chetan from RD was in a hurry and we couldnt do it ( I hope he is reading this and will arrange a drive sooner than later)
Racedynamics is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th January 2013, 16:41   #116
Team-BHP Support

Interesting! Looks like there is one available even for my XUV. Wonder whether the W8's bucket loads of fragile Sensors will go nuts if I connect something like this to the ECU. Also, how plug and play really is this "plug n play box"?
Old 24th January 2013, 17:02   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racedynamics View Post
The Dual Channel box is yet to be launched. The price mobike008 has mentioned is indicative and yet to be confirmed
Oh! I thought I read somewhere its already launched. My bad. When is it hitting the market? I am eager for a swap

Quote:
The dual channel version will not be available for the Figo/Fiesta
That's a dampner for Vnabhi. Any reason why those two models are left out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Also, how plug and play really is this "plug n play box"?
It will take tops 20 minutes to connect the RD box to your XUV. Most time is spent in searching the engine bay where to affix the box
Old 24th January 2013, 20:21   #118
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Interesting! Looks like there is one available even for my XUV. Wonder whether the W8's bucket loads of fragile Sensors will go nuts if I connect something like this to the ECU. Also, how plug and play really is this "plug n play box"?
The XUV that won Desert Storm last year ran a DieselTRONIC box with zero issues!

Quote:
That's a dampner for Vnabhi. Any reason why those two models are left out?
The Dual channel box can only work with engines having boost controlled by the stock ecu. The Fiesta/Figo do not fall in this category.

In the sub 16L bracket, the cars that do are the Cruze, Punto(90hp), Linea, Ertiga and SX4.

Last edited by Racedynamics : 24th January 2013 at 20:39.
Racedynamics is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th January 2013, 01:12   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Swiftnfurious / 97_Octane - We do not charge for updating firmware on the DieselTRONIC unit in the event that you upgrade or sell your box. As you can understand though, we would discourage switching back and forth between two cars.

Warranty would hold good as long as the bill is present and the box/harness has not been tampered with.

Strange. When there was a box for sale, (used in a Punto std), I contacted someone at your office in Koramangala (can't recall his name) and asked these doubts to him. He clearly mentioned that I would have to pay to get it re-mapped for my swift. This is the sole reason I didn't take the deal forward.He also said I will not be getting any warranty for it. I also asked him if I would get some discount being an existing customer (My scorpio runs on an RD box) but he said it's a bit unlikely. But what's written above contradicts everything. Please check with your staff and avoid such confusions in the future.

No offence to anyone
97_Octane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2013, 10:23   #120
BANNED

Quote:
Strange. When there was a box for sale, (used in a Punto std), I contacted someone at your office in Koramangala (can't recall his name) and asked these doubts to him. He clearly mentioned that I would have to pay to get it re-mapped for my swift. This is the sole reason I didn't take the deal forward.He also said I will not be getting any warranty for it. I also asked him if I would get some discount being an existing customer (My scorpio runs on an RD box) but he said it's a bit unlikely. But what's written above contradicts everything. Please check with your staff and avoid such confusions in the future.

No offence to anyone
Our sincere apologies for the miscommunication, what we have posted in this thread will hold good unless mentioned otherwise.
Racedynamics is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed