Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2013, 13:20   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Point no 1. Its a Punto 90hp which has more power than swift.

Point no 2. Even if it was 75bhp punto without a box , punto has a short 1st and 2nd gear. So it can easily climb in 1st gear at the exact same point where a swift is finding it difficult.

The beauty of the box is that its different for every different car. Ertiga and Linea is not the same box.
Should be the same,but with different connectors.
RD can confirm.
Old 7th March 2013, 13:23   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Should be the same,but with different connectors.
RD can confirm.
According to RD the tuning on both the boxes is different. And the very much fact is that connectors are same as both are FIAT engines.
Old 7th March 2013, 13:31   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
According to RD the tuning on both the boxes is different. And the very much fact is that connectors are same as both are FIAT engines.
and AFAIK,boxes are same connectors are different
Lets see who wins
btw i have a early 2010 Linea,and i dont feel the need for more power on a highway,and it can easily keep up with more powerful 1.6L motors.
However city driving is a pain,with turbo lag,i dont really mind that since my daily usage is 90% on highway
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 14:05   #169
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
btw i have a early 2010 Linea,and i dont feel the need for more power on a highway,and it can easily keep up with more powerful 1.6L motors.
However city driving is a pain,with turbo lag,i dont really mind that since my daily usage is 90% on highway
Connectors for the Linea and Ertiga are the same; however the mapping on our boxes differs between these two cars/engines.

Last edited by Racedynamics : 7th March 2013 at 14:14.
Racedynamics is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 14:35   #170
Senior - BHPian

I have always wanted to get a tuning box.
But one factor has always kept me away from them,and that is affect of a tuning box on engine longevity,i mean with this dual channel box,boost and fueling get altered which lead to better performance due to increase in power.
My concern is,as to for how long can the stock internals hold up to it?
Old 7th March 2013, 15:32   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lets see who wins
I won , i won

Basically i dont know why you felt connectors will be different. Maruti has nothing in the engine. The Ertiga engine is all FIAT.

Yes Linea is quite quick once on roll. Top speeds are almost similar to 1.6 motors.

If your 90% runs are highways then the Economy mode of this box will be a boon for you. Mileage will increase atleast by 15%

The intenals can surely hold the amount of power the box generates given that its in safe limits. Make sure you change oil on time, may before the interval itself.

Last edited by amit_mechengg : 7th March 2013 at 15:33.
Old 7th March 2013, 15:37   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I won , i won

Basically i dont know why you felt connectors will be different. Maruti has nothing in the engine. The Ertiga engine is all FIAT.

Yes Linea is quite quick once on roll. Top speeds are almost similar to 1.6 motors.

If your 90% runs are highways then the Economy mode of this box will be a boon for you. Mileage will increase atleast by 15%

The intenals can surely hold the amount of power the box generates given that its in safe limits. Make sure you change oil on time, may before the interval itself.
I was under the impression that MJD and DDIS have different connectors,at least thats what a friend told me who is using a single channel RD box on his swift.I regularly get 20+kmpl,so i feel thats enough.
and My car gets Delvac 1 every 7.5K kms,i know thats a overkill,but then thats me,lets see i may get it.I am badly tempted after reading your review.
Old 7th March 2013, 15:40   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Amit - as you have driven my 90hp with the normal tuning box for a good amount of time , what would you reckon whether should I think of getting the dual channel box ?

For All,

My car is now touching 50K with almost 35K on the box and going as smooth as ever, the effect of the box is long term on the car - it's become more silent, the turbo lag is very manageable now and P2 feels more stronger. - Just wanted to share my experience.
Old 7th March 2013, 15:46   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scofield View Post
Amit - as you have driven my 90hp with the normal tuning box for a good amount of time , what would you reckon whether should I think of getting the dual channel box ?

For All,

My car is now touching 50K with almost 35K on the box and going as smooth as ever, the effect of the box is long term on the car - it's become more silent, the turbo lag is very manageable now and P2 feels more stronger. - Just wanted to share my experience.
Hi Maulik, there is a good difference in the 2 boxes below the 2000 rpm mark especially. This is because the new box controls the boost pressure. So it enables to add more air along with more fuel which contributes to better combustion.

Should you shift to new box - well if RD is giving you good offer for exchange

I would suggest you to drive my car and then decide. I will be going for a 500kms drive with the box. I will post an exclusive review then. Right now i have finished my trials in all modes in city.
Old 7th March 2013, 15:52   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racedynamics View Post
Connectors for the Linea and Ertiga are the same; however the mapping on our boxes differs between these two cars/engines.
@RaceDynamics: You mean dual channel box is available for Ertiga currently, can you please confirm? If not, when do you think it will be available? thanks.
Old 7th March 2013, 15:55   #176
BHPian

Quote:

Should you shift to new box - well if RD is giving you good offer for exchange
Thx a lot Amit and am really looking forward to your report and let's plan to meet up next week. Need to check out your safari interior as well :-)

Also, Having spent 20K for this box , I really want to know that is this box really a great differentiator to the older one.
Old 7th March 2013, 16:01   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree with you and I too feel that the Linea has sufficient power for a highway drive. But the pain is driving it in the crowded city roads.

I need the box mainly to improve the pull in the lower RPM range and hope the P1 mode would do the job for me.

Amit can offer further comments here.
Old 7th March 2013, 16:05   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
I agree with you and I too feel that the Linea has sufficient power for a highway drive. But the pain is driving it in the crowded city roads.

I need the box mainly to improve the pull in the lower RPM range and hope the P1 mode would do the job for me.

Amit can offer further comments here.
Yours must be 2009 or early 2010 Linea
as sometime in 2010 Fiat had changed some mapping in ECU,which lead to change in driving characteristics,the newer one's had better drive ability at the cost of top end power.Out on the highway Early 2010 and 2009 Linea's are better than new one's and within city new one's are better.
Old 7th March 2013, 16:49   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yours must be 2009 or early 2010 Linea
as sometime in 2010 Fiat had changed some mapping in ECU
I'm not aware about the changes in ECU mapping but mine is 2012 manufactured.
Old 7th March 2013, 18:08   #180
Senior - BHPian

Guys
I am planning for a RD chip for my Figo next month. It has run around 5300 kms so far.

But how easy is it to un-instal the RD chip? I am asking because I don't want the dealer to find out when I give the car for its 10K/ second service in a few months.

This apart, I paid for 3rd year warranty, and don't want an iota of suspicion on the part of the dealer in screwing it up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks