Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2013, 16:40   #331
BHPian

Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

I installed DieselTronic in my Figo TDCi three weeks back. Was running in P1 mode for couple days and then switched to P2 after that. I am loving the power gain and always using P2 mode hence forth. I don't do any rash drive or floor frequently, just like the quicker surge and smoothness of the P2 mode. I could see some increase in DTE also after 500KM, but need to wait for couple of more tank fills before commenting on mileage increase/decrease.

My question is, is running in P2 always is ok or bad for engine?

Last edited by r_devakumar : 5th December 2013 at 16:43.
Old 6th December 2013, 04:21   #332

Hi guys,
I am interested in getting the tuning box for my 2006 Innova, it's done about 1.75 lac kms.
A couple of questions -

1.Since my car has done a lot of mileage, will the increase in performance cause adverse effects on the engine.?

2.What is the difference between this RD tuning box and Pete's box.?

3.Where can I buy it from in Delhi/Noida and the cost (cost wasn't shown on the website)

Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 03:18   #333
BHPian

I am gonna order a racedynamics for my new innova. Just wanted to know if bs3 version has intercooler or not as I can see there are different boxes for different versions of innova based on intercooler
Old 30th December 2013, 09:53   #334
BHPian

Been running the RD Single Channel box on the Punto 75HP. Did a couple of CBE <-> BLR trips, both Krishnagiri - Salem - Avinashi as well as Kanakpura - Chamraj Nagar - Dhimbam - Sathyamangalam routes.
On the last trip (yesterday night), running solely on P2 & maintaining constant speeds of 90 - 110 kmph, the mileage figures were north of 23kmpl This is from the on-board gauge so gotta try it again sometime later next month to double check but I'm genuinely surprised!
I've been running mostly on P2 within city limits as well & I'm just loving, L-O-V-I-N-G that surge in 3rd!
Old 30th December 2013, 11:54   #335
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Is this box recommended/available for a new Fortuner, which has hardly done ~3500km on the odometer?
Old 31st December 2013, 17:27   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arulpeem View Post
I did a round about trip to Salem. I filled up at Salem and then returned via Namakkal, Thuraiyur, Perambalur to Chennai. And then did about 50 Kms within Chennai before filling up. 508 Kms and 37.9 litres, returning 13.4KMPL. The car was in P2 mode and cruising at indicated 100KMPH and an occasionally at 110. This is exactly the same mileage I got in P1 a couple of weeks back. But there is one difference. This time I was doing the driving and I kept the rpm above 2000 all the time up shifting at 2500 rpm whereas the earlier trip it was my driver who at the the wheel and he always up shifts earlier at around 2200...
Did a trip of 850KM in my Grande MKII, which included nearly 100 KM in around Thally, Jwlagiri,Anjatty in narrow hilly roads/mud roads... Returned a figure of 13 KMPL in P2 mode... So over all I am very happy with the investment. My cousins who have been with me on earlier trips before I fixed the box found the noise levels to be lower and the they loved the pickup... .

Last edited by arulpeem : 31st December 2013 at 17:29. Reason: Didn't mention the name of the car in the post
arulpeem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 21:10   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

Unique Experience in P2 Mode on Dual channel

In i20 CRDi 6 speed, the RPM is tad over 2K RPM @ 100 kmph. But if the speed falls below 85 kmph it does not climb back easily and takes it own sweet time . Earlier i used to downshift to 5th and climb back to 100 kmph. Last week on a highway drive on NH4, the box was in P2 mode and the car was loaded to the hilt. I had to slow down to 80 kmph in 6th gear for some reason and when i pressed the throttle back the car just leapt forward. I was taken back by surprise because this behavior was not present in P1 mode and i had not experienced it earlier. So i tested it multiple times on inclines as well. Each and every time i could go back to 100+ kmph on 6th gear within a few seconds though on inclines it took a bit more time but in stock it would have been impossible ! I had a stupid smile plastered on my face!
sagarpadaki is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 23:20   #338
BHPian

I bought the dieseltronic box but as there are no fitters around my city I tried fixing it myself and connected the connectors and put the thimble on battery positive terminal did not fix it and there were no LEDs turning on box. I tried turning on car and it did not turn on so I removed it and refitted the stock setup and switched on car and it had a lot of clatter and turned off and removed key and then turned on and it was normal. Drove around 50km after that no problem. Did the engine have any damage because there was a lot of sound and vibration. Also anyone around amritsar who knows how to fit the box. Will need some help!

Last edited by V12Doc : 6th January 2014 at 23:21.
Old 7th January 2014, 03:05   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12Doc View Post
I bought the dieseltronic box but as there are no fitters around my city I tried fixing it myself and connected the connectors and put the thimble on battery positive terminal did not fix it and there were no LEDs turning on box. I tried turning on car and it did not turn on so I removed it and refitted the stock setup and switched on car and it had a lot of clatter and turned off and removed key and then turned on and it was normal. Drove around 50km after that no problem. Did the engine have any damage because there was a lot of sound and vibration. Also anyone around amritsar who knows how to fit the box. Will need some help!
What vehicle?
Few friends in and around Amritsar have Diesel Tronic installed on their vehicles.
Old 7th January 2014, 03:06   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
What vehicle?
Few friends in and around Amritsar have Diesel Tronic installed on their vehicles.
It's innova. The sound was probably engine knocking sound. Hopefully no damage
Old 7th February 2014, 11:47   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12Doc View Post
I am getting similar experience in my Figo in 2nd and 3rd Gears. I drive in P2 mode and now i am able to cross smoothly all the speed brakes in 2nd smoothly (without much clutch adjustment + throttle). Earlier, i need to down shift 1st gear in similar situations. Also when i need to slow down in traffic, i am able to manage with 3rd gear in the close to crawling speeds, which needs 2nd gear earlier. The car picksup quickly / smoothly in all the gears whenever a slowdown require, which makes the drive more enjoyable without downshift and still no lugging of engine. It is almost like i changed to a new / better engine
r_devakumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 12:41   #342

Has anybody tried the product on a Duster?

I own a 85 PS duster and the car looses steam on expressways - say driving at speeds of around 120~130. Will this product help me to drive beyond these speeds especially on the expressways?

Thanks,
Old 25th March 2014, 23:53   #343
BHPian

Just installed it on my 2013 320d. Driving on p2 has been a blast. The throttle response and power gains are wild. Maybe a gain of 15-20 hp to the wheels and 25-40 to the motor. I highly recommend it.
i<3turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2014, 07:57   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
I installed DieselTronic in my Figo TDCi three weeks back. Was running in P1 mode for couple days and then switched to P2 after that. I am loving the power gain and always using P2 mode hence forth. I don't do any rash drive or floor frequently, just like the quicker surge and smoothness of the P2 mode. I could see some increase in DTE also after 500KM, but need to wait for couple of more tank fills before commenting on mileage increase/decrease.

My question is, is running in P2 always is ok or bad for engine?
How is your Figo now? I guess 4 months are over? I want to know if you found any issues with this. My Figo crossed 5k so I want to do this,
Old 26th March 2014, 09:51   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst_delhi View Post
How is your Figo now? I guess 4 months are over? I want to know if you found any issues with this. My Figo crossed 5k so I want to do this,
Yes, it is 4 months and 5000 KM now. Including a 1800 KM long trip. Using P2 mode except for about 600 KM of P1 mode. The car is doing good. My regular usage is driving in city suburb. I don't do heavy footed drive. The P2 mode helps in quickly fill the gap in traffic movement and also shift the gear up early and down late which results in lesser number of gear change. Haven't see any change in mileage so far.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks