Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2014, 22:36   #346
BHPian

Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Yes, it is 4 months and 5000 KM now. Including a 1800 KM long trip. Using P2 mode except for about 600 KM of P1 mode. The car is doing good. My regular usage is driving in city suburb. I don't do heavy footed drive. The P2 mode helps in quickly fill the gap in traffic movement and also shift the gear up early and down late which results in lesser number of gear change. Haven't see any change in mileage so far.
Thanks I have the same driving style as well, I am a very sedate driver but Figo sometimes becomes more sedate than me. Thanks! I hope 5000 km is good enough / old enough to fit this box else I will wait till 10000 km ( 4 more months)
Old 3rd April 2014, 13:49   #347
Mik
BHPian

This is not a rant - but it might seem like one.
Have recently posted on facebook and I am disheartened to see that while sales leads posted after my query are being replied to, my question is being ignored. Have also posted on their contact form in the website without success.
So let me post this again!
1. Can I get the address of the Delhi dealer.
2. Will I be charged for installation in my Figo ( I bought it from Snapdeal after an email confirmation that it was genuine and warranty would be honored. Yes, I had mentioned in my initial unanswered mail that mine was a Ford Figo in which installation is not too easy)

Hopeful of a positive response this time.

EDIT 2: Got a contact for Speed Sport - Delhi.

Last edited by Mik : 3rd April 2014 at 14:10. Reason: Mailed them twice. Got reply once. Hence editing out the mailing part.
Old 14th April 2014, 13:45   #348
BHPian

i Have been using the race dynamics chip on my Diesel Manza - (current odo -42K kms) since last 16000kms.
I have replaced stock air filter with PIPERCROSS air filter since last 24000kms

Completed a Mumbai - Igatpuri-Ghoti-Shirdi- Shingnapur - Chakan(pune)- Mumbai trip on Saturday -Sunday . (Approx 651 kms total)

5 adults + my 7 year old son on board.
(p1mode on dieseltronic racechip through out the trip)
Driving style - slightly Aggressive.
Mileage i got is 15.74kmpl.
The weather outside was super hot.
AC had to be on max + fan speed on max most of the times.

During this trip in My Manza in p1mode, overtaking on some Single lane highways wasn't a problem at all.
But have to admit it isn't as effortless as say a Vento(torqey)/chevy cruz . ((i have driven a vento & cruze with 3/4 people on board only). However steering feel wise i like MANZA better(may be due to the hydraulic setup) than Vento(a little lighter than my liking).
Of course Cruze is far superior in most aspects.
However the Ground clearance advantage + ride quality & bad road behavior of the Manza is still worth a mention here.)

This was the 1st time i was driving the Manza on the highway with more than 4 on board(had 6 on board + full luggage packed boot).

Also i am not so happy with the engine feel in 2200-3000-3300/3400 RPM band.
The smoothness which used to be there till 20,000kms on the ODO is not there. i was using MOBIL 1 Fully synthetic till that time .
Also i don't know the exact reason for this feeling ..
1)is it the just the oil or
2)or was it just the excessive weight due to 6(5 adults + 7 yr old) on board & luggage packed boot straining the puny 1.3 QJET engine?
3)or something else?
4)or some minor issue with turbo?
5)or just a slight degradation of NVH insulation over the period of 3 years ?
This is 1 question in my mind since last 3-4months now.
Initially i thought it was due to PETRONAS oil change at 20,000kms service.
But it is still the same with CASTROL EDGE which i have put at last service around 2-3000 kms ago.
I don't understand why have TATA discontinued MOBIL 1 fully synthetic oil.
6)Can it be due to Diseltronic tuning box? ( i was driving in p1 mode through out the trip)

Last edited by madhu33 : 14th April 2014 at 13:49.
Old 14th April 2014, 16:36   #349
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
i Have been using the race dynamics chip on my Diesel Manza - (current odo -42K kms) since last 16000kms.

5 adults + my 7 year old son on board.
(p1mode on dieseltronic racechip through out the trip)
Mileage i got is 15.74kmpl.
The weather outside was super hot.

During this trip in My Manza in p1mode, overtaking on some Single lane highways wasn't a problem at all.
But have to admit it isn't as effortless as say a Vento(torqey)/chevy cruz . ((i have driven a vento & cruze with 3/4 people on board only).

This was the 1st time i was driving the Manza on the highway with more than 4 on board(had 6 on board + full luggage packed boot).

Also i am not so happy with the engine feel in 2200-3000-3300/3400 RPM band.
The smoothness which used to be there till 20,000kms on the ODO is not there. i was using MOBIL 1 Fully synthetic till that time .
Also i don't know the exact reason for this feeling ..
1)is it the just the oil or
2)or was it just the excessive weight due to 6(5 adults + 7 yr old) on board & luggage packed boot straining the puny 1.3 QJET engine?
3)or something else?
4)or some minor issue with turbo?
5)or just a slight degradation of NVH insulation over the period of 3 years ?
This is 1 question in my mind since last 3-4months now.
Initially i thought it was due to PETRONAS oil change at 20,000kms service.
But it is still the same with CASTROL EDGE which i have put at last service around 2-3000 kms ago.
I don't understand why have TATA discontinued MOBIL 1 fully synthetic oil.
[quote=madhu33;3412792]

Hi Madhu, a 600+ Kg increase in vehicle is going to significantly affect performance(Power and efficiency), braking and handling dynamics. How does the car perform with moderate loading - 2 to 3 passengers ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
I have replaced stock air filter with PIPERCROSS air filter since last 24000kms
6)Can it be due to Diseltronic tuning box? ( i was driving in p1 mode through out the trip)
DieselTRONIC has a single function - to increase/reduce fueling in order to optimize driveability and performance. As you can understand, there is absolutely no additional mechanical wear and tear caused due to the box which would impact refinement.

Do inspect your air filter for any damages that may affect filtration as even the smallest amount of dust will begin to and accelerate wear on components like turbo impellers, valves etc.
Old 15th April 2014, 13:54   #350
BHPian

I have been thinking about a tuning box for my 2012 Jetta and also my warranty expires in August. Is there a box for the Jetta? Whats the output figures and how much does it cost?
Thanks.

Last edited by shivasuma : 15th April 2014 at 13:55.
Old 22nd April 2014, 13:46   #351
BHPian

Hi Racedynamics,

I had ordered an Offroad edition tuning box for my Mahindra Thar 2013 Model, on 19th April 2014 from your Bangalore dealer and fitted it on my own. However the date of manufacture on the box was April 2013. One year old stock ??

Questions:
1. I hope the device does not have outdated software and hardware, i.e. did you come out with an upgraded version of the tuning box post 2013 ?
2. Also, I hope this is dual channel.

Please confirm.
Old 22nd April 2014, 18:06   #352
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I have been thinking about a tuning box for my 2012 Jetta and also my warranty expires in August. Is there a box for the Jetta? Whats the output figures and how much does it cost?
Thanks.
Hello,

DieselTRONIC is compatible with the Jetta and the Dual Channel Version is compatible as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaism View Post
Hi Racedynamics,

I had ordered an Offroad edition tuning box for my Mahindra Thar 2013 Model, on 19th April 2014 from your Bangalore dealer and fitted it on my own. However the date of manufacture on the box was April 2013. One year old stock ??

Questions:
1. I hope the device does not have outdated software and hardware, i.e. did you come out with an upgraded version of the tuning box post 2013 ?
2. Also, I hope this is dual channel.

Please confirm.
Hello,

The Maps we developed for the Thar were developed and perfected on the dyno and with constant feedback from a number of Off-road clubs across Inda. The box you have fitted has these maps and runs the same firmware and hardware as all presently manufactured boxes.

The Thar does not support a dual channel box, and we do not market one for the same. If you would like to contact us, our details are mentioned on the box itself.

Do let us know your experience with the different modes.

Regards,

RD
Old 22nd April 2014, 19:24   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racedynamics View Post
Hello,

DieselTRONIC is compatible with the Jetta and the Dual Channel Version is compatible as well.

Regards,

RD
What is the power and torque output?

How much does it cost?

Thanks in advance..
Old 22nd April 2014, 22:04   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racedynamics View Post
Hello,
Thanks for the information. Can I get it fine tuned by the Delhi dealer?

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th May 2014 at 14:41. Reason: Pls dont quote entire post for one line reply
Old 23rd April 2014, 10:53   #355
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
What is the power and torque output?

How much does it cost?

Thanks in advance..
Hi Chethan,

Specific power and torque figures are not available, on average gains are anywhere between 25-40% in terms of off-peak power and torque. This of course varies between P1 & P2 modes. DieselTRONIC boxes are geared more towards driving pleasure rather than outright performance figures - maps are developed with extensive feedback on road which translates into better real world feel and drivability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaism View Post
Thanks for the information. Can I get it fine tuned by the Delhi dealer?
Hello, DieselTRONIC can be mapped only at the manufacturer level as of now. The Thar Off-Road boxes are geared towards performance while still striking a balance between emissions, economy, NVH, EGT etc.
If you have any specific requirement do lets us know.

Last edited by Racedynamics : 23rd April 2014 at 10:55. Reason: Typographical error
Racedynamics is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 12:00   #356
BHPian

After installing this device in a Ford Figo diesel, what will be the increased (approximate / tentative) power and torque figures?

What is the cost and where in Pune is it available?
Old 28th April 2014, 18:47   #357

Hello BHPians,

Does anyone have experience with Dieseltronics on a Xylo? If so, please do share.

Even otherwise, if anyone who knows if this would be of some help, that would be great.

My requirement:

- I am a easy and steady driver both on highways and in City(bangalore)
- I want to increase mileage if i can

Presently my city mileage is about 10-11kmpl. Highway mileage is usually 14-15kmpl. Both with AC on(as i am on A/C most times).

My vehicle is E8, 2009 Sept model. Vehicle has run about 70k.

Any help with inputs would be of immense value to optimize fuel consumption.

Regards,
Deepak
Old 28th April 2014, 20:57   #358

Hi guys

I must say that dieseltronics for thar crde is nothing less then a magic box
I own a thar crde 2011 pre owned one and post iinstallation of this box thar feels much more reponsive to the throttle and gear change to another level undoubtedly.
Old 6th May 2014, 22:49   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
In i20 CRDi 6 speed, the RPM is tad over 2K RPM @ 100 kmph. But if the speed falls below 85 kmph it does not climb back easily and takes it own sweet time . Earlier i used to downshift to 5th and climb back to 100 kmph. Last week on a highway drive on NH4, the box was in P2 mode and the car was loaded to the hilt. I had to slow down to 80 kmph in 6th gear for some reason and when i pressed the throttle back the car just leapt forward. I was taken back by surprise because this behavior was not present in P1 mode and i had not experienced it earlier. So i tested it multiple times on inclines as well. Each and every time i could go back to 100+ kmph on 6th gear within a few seconds though on inclines it took a bit more time but in stock it would have been impossible ! I had a stupid smile plastered on my face!
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Yes, it is 4 months and 5000 KM now. Including a 1800 KM long trip. Using P2 mode except for about 600 KM of P1 mode. The car is doing good. My regular usage is driving in city suburb. I don't do heavy footed drive. The P2 mode helps in quickly fill the gap in traffic movement and also shift the gear up early and down late which results in lesser number of gear change. Haven't see any change in mileage so far.
Thinking of getting one for my 1.6 CRDI. One query for all users- What is the impact of the RD box on the engine refinement on different modes particularly in P1 & P2 mode. I love the NVH of my car & I can n't afford to loose it at any cost. Power of the stock car is enough, never felt that I need more. Turbo lag is there till 1500/1600 rpm, but not much of a bother either. Just think that 20k for the box is worth spending if it can help reduce lag a bit & make the car more driveable in the city. In the process, if FE improves, then it will be icing on the cake. But reiterate that I can not trade off the refinement of the engine.

Need inputs please.

Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 09:50   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Thinking of getting one for my 1.6 CRDI. One query for all users- What is the impact of the RD box on the engine refinement on different modes particularly in P1 & P2 mode. I love the NVH of my car & I can n't afford to loose it at any cost. Power of the stock car is enough, never felt that I need more. Turbo lag is there till 1500/1600 rpm, but not much of a bother either. Just think that 20k for the box is worth spending if it can help reduce lag a bit & make the car more driveable in the city. In the process, if FE improves, then it will be icing on the cake. But reiterate that I can not trade off the refinement of the engine.

Need inputs please.

Thanks

NVH will slightly increase in P2 mode. P1 mode there is barely any increase in roughness . If you are satisfied with the power then i suggest you dont go for it.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks