Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2017, 13:57   #511
BHPian

Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

500 km completed, and yes there have been improvement in the power delivery. Power delivery is now improved and its absolutely stable. To be honest, I am satisfied with the power now. I would rate the improvement to be as much as 15 percent maximum over the stock so yes its pretty good. It satisfies my needs, the torque surge is better than ever, low end torque has increased which has improved the drivability. The curious thing is, that just after 300 km, I emailed Race Dynamics that the peak torque is not as much as I had expected and I wasn't satisfied. Race Dynamics reverted to me that the map currently installed is the P1 map and if I want, I could send them the box back and they would put another map (assumingly P2) free of cost.

I want to ask this to anyone who has a Swift diesel and is using the single channel DT box. What difference is there in power between P1 and P2 map for the 1.3 DDiS engine? and should we drive on P2 on daily basis? I want to be sure about everything since once I get the P2 installed, I wont be able to switch back to P1 and I drive my car daily. I should be satisfied with what I have now, but I am now getting the urges to experience the P2 map also.

Last edited by navin : 19th January 2017 at 17:23. Reason: lots of minor edits
AliAbdullah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 17:32   #512
Distinguished - BHPian

RD Dual Channel Box On 1.6 S-Cross : Autocar Review

Quote:
Always greedy for more, we even upped the performance of the S-cross with a Race Dynamics’ Piggyback ECU and Bridgestone tyres. The Race Dynamics system has a few driving modes. Most of us struck it in P2, which churned out every single horsepower from its 1.6-litre motor. Although, the turbo lag in this mode was a bit higher, what made us keep going back was the fact that the S-cross just took off as soon as the engine crossed 2,000rpm, the tacho needle flying up to the redline. In the lower first and second gears, you could feel the torque overpowering even the grippy Bridgestone tyres – all you needed to do was go flat on the throttle. And with the tuning box in its most aggressive setting, we managed to shave an impressive 1.6sec off the stock car’s timing, with 0-100kph coming up in just 9.9sec.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...rt-403856.aspx
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 08:37   #513
BHPian

I took the plunge and got the dual channel one from their R&D facility at Jakkasandra yesterday. Drove a total of 15 kms and though its too early to comment but in P2 mode, the difference is evident, even in the minuscule distance that one gets to 'sort of' floor the pedal in the horrendous 7 PMish Bangalore ORR traffic.

Will post an update this weekend, though it will be devoid of hard figures except maybe the 0-100 timings.

The folks @RaceDynamics were great people. Took time to explain everything and seemed very genuine.

Last edited by TrailBlazer007 : 19th January 2017 at 08:38. Reason: minor correction
TrailBlazer007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 13:47   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBlazer007 View Post
I took the plunge and got the dual channel one from their R&D facility at Jakkasandra yesterday. Drove a total of 15 kms and though its too early to comment but in P2 mode, the difference is evident, even in the minuscule distance that one gets to 'sort of' floor the pedal in the horrendous 7 PMish Bangalore ORR traffic.

Will post an update this weekend, though it will be devoid of hard figures except maybe the 0-100 timings.

The folks @RaceDynamics were great people. Took time to explain everything and seemed very genuine.
Hey, I too got an XUV and eagerly waiting for your updates and experience before taking a plunge myself. Thanks for the info, waiting for more details!
Aniket6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 13:07   #515
Senior - BHPian

Bought myself a dual channel box for my Ertiga; and I see my car is fairly responsive from 1500 rpm itself; mileage also increased by 1.5-2 km over the last 2000 km.

One negative experience is that I didn't find the RD sticker in my box. Frankly I do not know if the sticker was there in my box or if I misplaced it during installation; so i asked if I can get one replacement sticker from them. Response was that I need to purchase a Rs 400 sticker kit from them.

While the response has nothing wrong from a correctness point of view, I consider it as inappropriate towards someone who spent a lot of money in their product. A small replacement sticker probably cost Rs 10 to RD. More over its RD who gets benefited by a sticker than me. I raised it as a concern to RD and no response from RD afterwards, and I left it there.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 17:23   #516
BHPian

1700 km Report for Dieseltronic Lite in Swift VDI. The tuning box keeps on getting better by every kilometer. The latest felt change in the off boost performance. Car is responsive from as low as 1600 RPM and this is a big surprise for someone who drives a swift diesel which has HUGE turbo lag. And when the turbo kicks in, its pure acceleration which pushes you back in the seat.

Another update is on fuel efficiency. car took 37.37 liter of fuel to cover 814 km purely in the city which amounts for FE of 21.78 Kmpl in the city. This is a increase from around 19.2 Kmpl its an increase of 13.5 percent.

Just before writing this report i have disconnected the DT-Box and sent it back to racedynamics for a further remap to a even powerful map presumably P2. will take around 8 to 10 days to get it back. will post further updates then.
AliAbdullah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 14:29   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
Hey, I too got an XUV and eagerly waiting for your updates and experience before taking a plunge myself. Thanks for the info, waiting for more details!
Hi Aniket, sorry for not updating on the thread but have been swamped by work. For now, i just have comments based on perception - not backed by figures - they might not tell much and may be subjective. If you want, you can drop a message and can check the car out in person at a mutually agreed time.

Observations:
Acceleration: I can hear the turbo sing in the XUV in second and third gears quite soon on flooring the pedal, and i perceive that the in gear acceleration has most definitely improved. The folks at dieselTronics also offered to fine tune the box as per my liking, which was very generous of them. However, i am yet to take them up on the offer. I will recommend it, but you can always drop by and check for yourself before biting the bullet.

Mileage: A recent trip to Goa was undertaken by relatives. The DieselTronic box was kept in P1 mode throughout, with a stern advisory on top speed, which was breached at some beautiful stretches, as admitted sheepishly and also verified from the Dashcam. The vehicle MID showed an astonishing 16.8kmpl for the round trip. Last time around, i had got 13.X on the same route, with almost the same journey timings.

Currently, all the drive(around 100 odd kms) has been in city during peak office hours and the MID shows 12.4kmpl. It was anywhere between 9.5 to 12kmpl earlier. So the mileage has definitely improved.

Last edited by TrailBlazer007 : 8th February 2017 at 14:51. Reason: Edit: Added mileage figures
TrailBlazer007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 16:40   #518
BHPian

Quote:
The vehicle MID showed an astonishing 16.8kmpl for the round trip. Last time around, i had got 13.X on the same route, with almost the same journey timings.

Currently, all the drive(around 100 odd kms) has been in city during peak office hours and the MID shows 12.4kmpl. It was anywhere between 9.5 to 12kmpl earlier. So the mileage has definitely improved.
Fuel efficiency shown on the MID becomes inaccurate to the tune of 10-15% after a tuning box is installed, as it fools the ECU into injecting more fuel than the ECU instructed! From now on, you can't trust the MID FE and the range displayed, as both of them will be optimistic. Full-tank method is the only way to go.
d3mon is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 12:27   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Mileage: A recent trip to Goa was undertaken by relatives. The DieselTronic box was kept in P1 mode throughout, with a stern advisory on top speed, which was breached at some beautiful stretches, as admitted sheepishly and also verified from the Dashcam. The vehicle MID showed an astonishing 16.8kmpl for the round trip. Last time around, i had got 13.X on the same route, with almost the same journey timings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Fuel efficiency shown on the MID becomes inaccurate to the tune of 10-15% after a tuning box is installed, as it fools the ECU into injecting more fuel than the ECU instructed! From now on, you can't trust the MID FE and the range displayed, as both of them will be optimistic. Full-tank method is the only way to go.
After installing the box or re tuning the ECU, the MID will not show the actual FE figures. As d3mon mentioned, the only way is to do a 'tankful to tankful' and calculate the FE.
I have been using the RD tuning box on the TUV 3OO for quite some time now, and it is always on the P2 mode. When ever I fill up (tank full), the DTE shows something close to 900 km. With a 60 liter fuel tank, that relates to 15 kmpl, while in reality, the FE I get is in the range of 11 to 12 kmpl.
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 17:24   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Aniket, sorry for not updating...
Hey Thanks for the info, finally would you say XUV has become even more effortless overall? and worth the investment?
Where did you get it installed and final price?
Old 13th February 2017, 19:18   #521
BHPian

I installed the Racedynamics box last Thursday at Ignite. My. Raghav was very professional and let his team work on the car as soon as I entered the work shop. I had taken an appointment the previous day.

The car is much agile now. I can move the car from standstill in 2nd gear without much work out of the clutch.

I have not taken the car to the highways yet but will do so in the coming weeks. The effect of the box, as others have mentioned, is more prominent in the 3rd and 4th gears.

I will keep you updated once I complete the drive.

Drive safe,
cheers
Maxwell Arthur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 20:03   #522

Any suggestion for New Scorpio MHawk Intellihybrid? Should I go for Dieseltronics box or should I go for TOT remap?
Also, If some one can throw light on what is the best time to go for the above mods (I have just purchased Scorpio and now just 2k km on ODO)
Old 13th February 2017, 20:17   #523
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Arthur View Post
I installed the Racedynamics box last Thursday at Ignite. My. Raghav was very professional and let his team work on the car as soon as I entered the work shop. I had taken an appointment the previous day.

The car is much agile now. I can move the car from standstill in 2nd gear without much work out of the clutch.

I have not taken the car to the highways yet but will do so in the coming weeks. The effect of the box, as others have mentioned, is more prominent in the 3rd and 4th gears.

I will keep you updated once I complete the drive.
It would be nice if you could also tell us which 'car' are you talking about ?
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 20:20   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
It would be nice if you could also tell us which 'car' are you talking about ?
My bad. It is a 2012 Figo TDCI run 77000 Kms. I was very skeptical about fitting the box but then took the risk.

The acceleration has improved quite a bit. I will be back here posting a full review soon once I complete a 1000 km round trip.
Maxwell Arthur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 21:33   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishekt View Post
If some one can throw light on what is the best time to go for the above mods (I have just purchased Scorpio and now just 2k km on ODO)
TOT after 15000km. I did mine at 20000km and the Cruze has covered 1,65,590km without a clutch plate change which was one of my requirements; a clutch that lasts at the very minimum 1,00,000km. The first thing to go kaput in the Cruze at 1,60,000km was the lower "A" arm bushing of the front suspension assembly along with the vertical link.

Clutch life could be attributed to adequate torque between 1200 rpm and 2200 rpm which is the range I drive at. I change gears only if I am absolutely sure that I can keep the higher gear for more than 30 seconds; other wise I continue in the lower gear. This means a max of third gear in Ernakulam city and 4th gear tops in the village areas I covered most of my journey. Fifth gear for national highways once a month which means my 5th gear cog would be in pristine condition.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 13th February 2017 at 21:34.

Most Viewed