Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2017, 08:29   #556
BHPian

Re: Spider Diesel Tuning Box VS. Pete's Tuning Box - Spider Box feedback on pg 2

My Thar CRDE turbocharger failed at 30000km. I had the DieselTronics tuning box installed at about 20000 and was using it mainly on P1 and P2 modes. I would advise against these devices.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th September 2017 at 19:10. Reason: Post moved to existing thread.
tomraven99 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 08:46   #557
BHPian

Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Sir please could provide a few photographs of where exactly the connector is located in the engine bay? I recently purchased a dual channel dieselTronic for a 2015 Fortuner, but i am having a hard time in finding the connectors.

I had contacted RaceDynamics but the only reference image they could provide was of the first generation fortuner.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Hi Everyone,

I had the wonderful opportunity to install the Racedynamics DieselTronic Tuning Box.
Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!

Last edited by .anshuman : 26th September 2017 at 09:47. Reason: See note in post. Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 21:03   #558
BHPian

I would like to request the people at RaceDynamics to provide some help (perferrably in the form of photographs) with regards to exact location of the connectors in the engine bay in a 2015 Toyota Fortuner for the dual channel box.
The box has been lying unused for the past 2 weeks as i have not been able to locate the connectors and the tech support on whatsapp is providing the same photos as in the manual, which do not match the engine layout of my car.
Thank you.
Old 2nd October 2017, 13:39   #559
BHPian

The support team of RaceDynamics recently contacted me and was able to help out with the installation.

The box works very well. In P1 mode the response is better and the mileage has increased from 7.9 to 10+. And P2 is exceptional, though the mileage drops significantly (as expected), the performance increase is more than marginal, in fact it becomes borderline scary if you are used to the stock mapping and the brakes definitely need beefing up to cope with the car in P2. These are initial impressions as the car has been driven with the box for barely 200-300kms, which consisted majorly of city driving.

I like to keep the car in P1 as I believe most people do and I find the entire package worth the investment.

I am posting pictures of the connectors for a 2015 Fortuner Dual Channel DieselTronics box, as provided by the Race Dynamics support staff, just in case they prove useful to someone.
Attached Thumbnails
Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box-whatsapp-image-20170927-11.22.49-am.jpeg  

Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box-whatsapp-image-20170927-11.40.40-am.jpeg  

Last edited by .anshuman : 4th October 2017 at 10:05. Reason: Added spaces. Thanks
jrchhabra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 15:29   #560
Team-BHP Support

Re: Spider Diesel Tuning Box VS. Pete's Tuning Box - Spider Box feedback on pg 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomraven99 View Post
My Thar CRDE turbocharger failed at 30000km. I had the DieselTronics tuning box installed at about 20000 and was using it mainly on P1 and P2 modes. I would advise against these devices.
Thar CRDe uses a turbocharger without VGT, if I remember correctly. In that case - the tuning box would not be controlling the turbo.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 15:42   #561
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomraven99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Thar CRDe uses a turbocharger without VGT, if I remember correctly. In that case - the tuning box would not be controlling the turbo.
The turbo is not electronically controlled by ECU and RD has single channel box for Thar which increases only rail pressure.

There are multiple factors for the turbo to fail. We can't say it's because of tuning box. If it's due to tuning box, only reason I could think of is very high EGT. More fuel = More EGT in diesel cars = Turbo would take the first hit. This would happen if WOT runs are done in higher gears for long duration.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 2nd October 2017 at 15:45.
Dr.Naren is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 23:13   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
If it's due to tuning box, only reason I could think of is very high EGT. More fuel = More EGT in diesel cars = Turbo would take the first hit. This would happen if WOT runs are done in higher gears for long duration.
Yes high EGT most probably. The cat convertor was completely damaged too perhaps contributing to the turbo failure. These components aren't made for P2 mode I guess.
tomraven99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 08:11   #563
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racedynamics View Post
Hello,
We generally do not respond to PMs on the forum as its against the forum rules. If you have a question, we would gladly assist you in this thread.

There is no need to service your car before installing any tuning box unless a service is due.
Hi, I've a few questions,

* I own a Brezza and am looking for DieselTronic. Which one would fit? Since I'm located at a place where I doubt if there would be any installer, how to do it?

My brother is contemplating the new S-Cross which will come with SHVS. Will the box be compatible with SHVS?
Old 4th October 2017, 08:20   #564
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
* I own a Brezza and am looking for DieselTronic. Which one would fit?
Here's the link from Amazon.in:

DieselTRONIC (Dual Channel) - Maruti Brezza (Diesel)

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01L257JQY/..._5Ue1zb6JZ6290
Old 4th October 2017, 09:59   #565
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Hi, I've a few questions,

* I own a Brezza and am looking for DieselTronic. Which one would fit? Since I'm located at a place where I doubt if there would be any installer, how to do it?

My brother is contemplating the new S-Cross which will come with SHVS. Will the box be compatible with SHVS?
You can order the box from Amazon. Installation is not difficult in 1.3 MJD. RD team will send you the pics of location of sensors. Dual channel box should be compatible with even 1.3 SHVS.
Old 4th October 2017, 10:10   #566
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrchhabra View Post
In P1 mode the response is better and the mileage has increased from 7.9 to 10+.
I hope you are using the tanful to tankful method to measure the fuel consumption, the information on MID with tuning box is incorrect, gets worse with more aggressive modes like P2. Even the figures displayed in OBD reader are incorrect.

I have used Racedynamics Dieseltronic tuning box on my XUV-500 for a few years.
Old 4th October 2017, 10:20   #567
BHPian

Sorry, the figures quoted are the average displayed in the MID, will calculate by the tankful to tankful method and update as soon as possible.
Thank you for the correction.
jrchhabra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 12:26   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I have used Racedynamics Dieseltronic tuning box on my XUV-500 for a few years.
How was your experience with the box, Anshuman? What kind of mileage you get in eco and P1?
Does P2 feel significantly more powerful?

Any negatives of this box for XUV?
Old 4th October 2017, 13:07   #569
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
How was your experience with the box, Anshuman? What kind of mileage you get in eco and P1?
Does P2 feel significantly more powerful?

Any negatives of this box for XUV?
My experience with RD Tuning box has been great. There were mainly 2 reasons for buying the tuning box-

1. My other car is Skoda Laura DSG, although XUV 500 is pretty peppy by SUV standards but it feels a bit weaker if driven back to back.

2. I did a lot of offroading in XUV, with the tall gearing and no low range gearing reduction, extra pep was very much required especially in sand where the stock car bogs down in no time.

Now nothing solves the above stated purposes better than a good remap, but being a Mahindra SUV i was dependent on extended warranty and the plug and play feature of the tuning box was just right.

I rarely calculate fuel economy, P1 was almost at par with stock, in P2 FE dropped by around 1 kpl. I used the car mostly in either P1 or P2. E mode is just too weak, spoils the driveability too much.
.anshuman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 13:15   #570
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I used the car mostly in either P1 or P2. E mode is just too weak, spoils the driveability too much.
How badly does the car smoke in P1 and P2?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks