Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2017, 21:38   #601
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
but the FGT turbo has a mechanically controlled wastegate, so the second channel does not regulate the boost pressure on FGT's.
Not necessary. There are few FGT turbos which have electronically controlled wastegate. RD dual channel box works in 1.5 Ford, 1.5 Honda etc . If the boost is not controlled, Why would RD even provide dual channel box for these cars?
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2017, 22:04   #602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Not necessary. There are few FGT turbos which have electronically controlled wastegate. RD dual channel box works in 1.5 Ford, 1.5 Honda etc . If the boost is not controlled, Why would RD even provide dual channel box for these cars?
I have seen the turbo's physically when Ford changed the first gen turbos in 2015. The control of wastegate is a different topic, can confirm this in a couple of days. RD had offered a Dual channel box to my friend's i20 around 4 years back and it did not benefit him.
Old 22nd November 2017, 22:13   #603
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
RD had offered a Dual channel box to my friend's i20 around 4 years back and it did not benefit him.
Hmmmm.. There was appreciable difference between single and dual channel box in Honda 1.5 IDTEC which also has FGT with electronically controlled wastegate.

Race Dynamics won't sell something without a reason. I am a big fan of their dual channel boxes, it was very impressive in all the cars I have driven
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2017, 22:22   #604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmmmm. There was an appreciable difference between single and dual channel box in Honda 1.5 IDTEC which also has FGT with the electronically controlled wastegate.

Race Dynamics won't sell something without a reason. I am a big fan of their dual channel boxes, it was very impressive in all the cars I have driven
I am also a fan of them, in fact, introduced RD to my previous company for a collaboration project. Later I left the job and could not follow up on it. I had tested their single channel box on my 85PS Duster and it worked well but increase the smoke levels.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 00:24   #605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have seen the turbo's physically when Ford changed the first gen turbos in 2015. The control of wastegate is a different topic, can confirm this in a couple of days.
Control of wastegate is still by vacuum. Vacuum is electrically modulated using a solenoid valve by the ECU in this engine.

Old news. I thought everyine knew about this. This engine has been here since 4 - 5 years.

Btw the 1.6tdci which this 1.5 is derived from has a VGT turbo.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 12:24   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Paid a visit to Race Dynamics today to get a trial with the dual channel box for my Aspire diesel.
Unfortunately the road there was being dug up and I couldn't take my car inside.
I think you are in Bangalore - you are welcome to try it on my Aspire, with a dual channel box + custom map from Karthik!

BTW I upgraded from a single channel box to a dual channel one - massive difference. No comparison at all.
Another benefit is that the box now knows the boost pressure too - so it can regulate the fuel pressure increase only when the boost exceeds a set threshold, instead of increasing it blindly all the time.

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

Last edited by .anshuman : 24th November 2017 at 08:16. Reason: See note in post. Thanks
d3mon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 00:28   #607
Senior - BHPian

Just for the information of fellow members, there are 2 methods to control wastegate, one through pneumatic actuator if its vacuum controlled, a PWM valve is used. If it is pressure controlled, then by direct connection to volute of the compressor. For Ford DV5 engine, a pneumatic actuator is used.

Last edited by deehunk : 24th November 2017 at 00:30.
Old 13th December 2017, 17:45   #608
BHPian

Quote:
That's the advantage of these tuning boxes. You can always remove the box before giving it for service. What's there in spending 15 minutes to remove the box in every 10K kms?
Hi Dr.Naren,

I paid advance for single box with remote for my Bolt Diesel. Total amount would be 19,999. Since I read many positive reviews, I felt it's a good product to enjoy long drives. The Bolt diesel is two months old and has clocked 8,500 kms so far. I easily get 22 to 23 km/litre (tank full method) in city use without AC. I make one or two long drive trips and want to take my car to the next level. Excited and also little worried as I would be installing this box.
So you think its all right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cskbh View Post
Hi all!!
I am a bit nervous getting mods done on my car (Innova 2014). So any help would be deeply appreciated. I would like to improve the pickup and speed and can someone tell me where in Hyderabad i can get to fix a DieselTronic tuner. The car has done close to 45K.
Will it reduce engine noise in any manner?
Hi cskbh,

Have you upgraded your Innova to DieselTronic tuner? Please could you share your experience mate?

Last edited by GTO : 14th December 2017 at 09:36. Reason: Typos, punctuation, spacing
Rama Naveen is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th December 2017, 18:15   #609
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama Naveen View Post
So you think its all right?
The ease of installation depends on the location of fuel rail pressure sensor. Ask RD to send you pics and instructions, it would be useful .
Old 13th December 2017, 18:27   #610
BHPian

Quote:
The ease of installation depends on the location of fuel rail pressure sensor. Ask RD to send you pics and instructions, it would be useful .
Sorry Mate , typing in mobile is real pain.
All I wanted to ask is it safe to go for this product, as Iam little nervous, if this will cause any problems to engine components?
Old 13th December 2017, 18:34   #611
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama Naveen View Post
if this will cause any problems to engine components?
I have used RD single channel box in my Grand i10. There were no issues. But, I had used only for few months. If you read this entire thread, you will find very few cases of injector leaks, turbo failure etc. It also depends on your driving. Drive normally, it should be good. I would advice against doing full throttle runs in higher gears for long duration (say in P2 mode) as it would shoot up the EGT quickly. The key is to follow regular service and not abusing the engine.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 22:08   #612
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 14th December 2017 at 09:37.
Rama Naveen is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th December 2017, 10:15   #613
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone noticed the increase in smoke in the P2 mode? RD says it will be higher but each time I try to pickup some speed I see a cloud of smoke in the rear view. Its little embarrassing now to drive the car with a heavy foot.

PS: There is very little to no smoke in other modes.

Pramod
Old 14th December 2017, 11:23   #614
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Has anyone noticed the increase in smoke in the P2 mode? RD says it will be higher but each time I try to pickup some speed I see a cloud of smoke in the rear view. Its little embarrassing now to drive the car with a heavy foot.

PS: There is very little to no smoke in other modes.
Which car do you drive?

I have seen comparatively less amount of smoke in P2 on my old car XUV-500 AWD, in comparison Endeavour 3.0 LT and Duster AWD smoke a lot more.

I find none of this alarming, I have seen remaps throw similar amount of smoke on heavy acceleration.
Old 14th December 2017, 11:55   #615
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I have seen comparatively less amount of smoke in P2 on my old car XUV-500 AWD, in comparison Endeavour 3.0 LT and Duster AWD smoke a lot more.
Was it dual channel box in XUV 500 and single channel box in other two cars? If so, that would be the reason. Dual channel box increases the boost too.

Quote:
I find none of this alarming, I have seen remaps throw similar amount of smoke on heavy acceleration.
My S-Cross 1.6 doesn't smoke much with remap while my SX4 1.3 smokes heavily. It again depends on the car. Little smoke under heavy acceleration is not alarming, but if the car smokes continuously all the time : EGT would be pretty high and turbo would take the maximum hit.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks