Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2012, 21:05   #31
BHPian

Re: Pete's 110 hp Punto

Vdrive i would say power is all about control. Power without control is something scary. The Getz crdi was one of the most and still the best when it comes to instant acceleration. Hi speeds are scary in a hyundai and that's where the Fiat starts its play. The biggest asset is the suspension and handling. I would not dare to even think of a remap in a getz..It will need limited slip differentials to keep in on the road.
Nimish anthony is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2012, 07:35   #32
BHPian

Absolutely bang on Nimish. I always says people around me to guys please drive Punto and then drive any car in the same segement - it shall be very hard to even like any another car .
Old 31st May 2012, 19:10   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimish anthony View Post
Vdrive i would say power is all about control. Power without control is something scary. The Getz crdi was one of the most and still the best when it comes to instant acceleration. Hi speeds are scary in a hyundai and that's where the Fiat starts its play. The biggest asset is the suspension and handling. I would not dare to even think of a remap in a getz..It will need limited slip differentials to keep in on the road.
Yes, I agree to a certain limit. All my car needs is a suspension and brake upgrade and that's what I'm waiting for. (But Vitamin 'M' first ). With 143 bhp under the hood even 180 kmph is a piece of cake now.
Old 31st May 2012, 19:57   #34
Senior - BHPian

Nimish,
Punto looks hot.
Fantastic mods & great choice of wheels.

Quote:
What will a limited slip differential do ??
Old 31st May 2012, 22:43   #35
BHPian

Nimish great job on your car.
Its helping me decide on remap of my Fiat punto 1.3 multijet 75 bhp .
I have added a stock replacement K& N filter and its doing very good.
Initial pickup in 1st and 2nd gear is improved excellently...
Old 1st June 2012, 09:23   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well anand. The swift was ruled out because of the braking and build quality. Maruti has compromised on quality as it is a mass produced car which sells because it has the maruti badge and the Fiat engine. Fiat offers more value for money with a tank like build quality and hi speed dynamics takes it to a totally different league. Its not all about 0-100 but 100-0 also counts. Now i feel i get the best of both worlds.
Thats one hot Fiat.I totally agree on the swift part,braking is a huge setback on the,but i have seen people saying,maruti has the best performance tuned mjd's,is it true?Am planning to get the remap done.Petes of course is a well renowned name,but 32k is a bit of the roof for me.Planning to go for cosworth remap,any idea how it is as compared to petes?
Old 3rd June 2012, 12:16   #37
BHPian

@ vdrive. I don't think suspension and brake upgrades are available for the Getz. I do admit that your car is real fast but you will have to stop in and handling is a big Q??? How does the car take so much power . Is the suspension build for that??.. Bilstiens are not available for the getz to my knowledge.

a limited slip differential is a piece of engineering which requires pages to write. To keep things simple it is installed in cars which have high BJP and the wheels start to spin and car goes haywire. In order to keep the car on the track LSD are installed.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by .anshuman : 3rd June 2012 at 12:45. Reason: See note in post
Nimish anthony is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd June 2012, 12:24   #38
Senior - BHPian

This is possibly, the hottest punto in india. The pix really do not do it justice. The level of thinking and attention to detail which has gone into each of the mods is just mindblowing.

And with a remap, it has become way more fun to drive. The main difference i felt was that there is much more power in the <3k rpm range, and the engine has become more relaxed at higher rpm's.

I would advise you to remove those sparco thinggys on the seats tho! Lets get some propah seats shall we?

Congrats on the car Nimish, Now lets go ahead with planned stage 2 of the mods?
JayD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2012, 12:39   #39
BHPian

@ rakesh. MJD is created by fiat and was first used in the GP. If the Mjd was not given to maruti then they would not be selling cars today. The only difference is the state of tune and i would say the state of tune differs from the old ddis and the new one.

Regarding the Punto it feels a bit slower is because the car is much more heavy and its tuned for linear power rather than outright performance. The claim that's for extending engine and turbo life.
The gear rations have been set in the same manner and the initial 1 and 2 gears are slow. The Punto takes charge from the 3rd gear at 60 kmh were is looses to the swift there in 2 second to 0-100. I say the same because i have a used a swift and now the GP.
A tuner changes the company parameters and gives you more power extracting performance. As far as petes is concerned he is in the tuning business for quite some time and has a reliable after sales support. Im not sure about a crossworth remap and im yet to hear about their remaps. Overall their products are known to be good.
Nimish anthony is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2012, 12:56   #40
Senior - BHPian

Nice Report. Remapping is worth the cost just for the way it bring smoothness to the drive...Still I was not able to figure out, if its just a simple job, why not the manufacturers themselves do it? BTW, I did remapped my Fiesta through ToT & really happy with the drive

Quote:
You can easily outdo a Vento, Verna and 1.6 Polo. I eat them for breakfast now.
Really?
Old 12th June 2012, 11:28   #41
BHPian

Car manufacturers never tune a car for the optimum perfomance. The same being it is tuned keeping various parameters in mind like fuel econonmy, engine life, quality of fuel, service costs and last but not the least production cost for high perfomance products. So manufacturers stick to the basics keeping it simple.

We at team bhp and tuners who wish to extract perfomance just contribute to almost less than 0.1% of the indian market. So if we have an engine which can deliver and a tuner who can alter the state of tune to get the best out of the stock car then its like go for it. The only thing is that perfomance tuned cars need the extra care and attention in detail.
Old 12th June 2012, 12:29   #42
BHPian

Nimish - A remapped Punto; this is a first on our forum. So, congratulations!!

Secondly, those are the nicest looking wheels I have seen on a Punto. What make are those? Also what rim size?
Old 15th June 2012, 10:52   #43
BHPian

Thanks iceman. Well i presume it is the first 90 that has been remapped in the forum. Plug and play tuning boxes were available and tried and tested.

Car runs on R17/215/45 with 7.5 J. Make HRS
Old 24th July 2012, 15:30   #44
BHPian

Here is the difference between the stock Punto 90 and a Petes tuned car.

Pete's 110 hp Punto-386985_3526542886820_1596652681_n.jpg

Pete's 110 hp Punto-277866_3526526966422_1047087323_o.jpg
Nimish anthony is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 15:52   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimish anthony
Here is the difference between the stock Punto 90 and a Petes tuned car.
Looks like a pretty good improvement over the stock car but still not in hot hatch league. Were these cars tested back to back? What testing equipment was used?
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks