Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2012, 21:21   #61
BHPian

Re: Pete's 110 hp Punto

well these are sports suspensions for superior handling and gives you track performance on road. Benefits are better handling and sports car feel.

Downsides is that the ride is stiffer and the plush comfort zone goes away.
Old 6th September 2012, 22:36   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimish anthony View Post
The punto has 2 engine types one is the 75Hp fixed geometric turbo and a 90Hp Variable geometric turbo. The car for the project is a 90Hp which was remapped and there is a 20Hp gain on remap.
Thats a decent bump in power with only a remap ..without any upgrades to intake,head,cams,headers,exhaust etc from a 1.3
Seems these new VGT turbo diesels are a totally different animal.

Quote:
With the BILSTEIN B14 threaded ride height adjustable kit, its the race track onto the street.

The product benefits at a glance: spec as per catlouge for reference

Threaded body adjustable range of 20 mm at both axles, while installed Lowering of approx. 30-50 mm at front and rear Road-tested by BILSTEIN under motor sports conditions and fine-tuned Spring plates and lock nuts made from a special aluminium alloy Surface coating using Triple-C-Technology® for long-lasting corrosion resistance Round threads for perfect handling
Quality sport springs made from highly durable material Gas pressure technology
BILSTEIN mono-tube/Upside-Down technology.
Made in Germany,German TÜV certificate

Bilstien B14 will cost you 70 k. U can lower the car at a budget with lowering springs too.
..Ok ,but is that it ? any other tweaks ?
How many mm is it lowered now ?

Quote:
well these are sports suspensions for superior handling and gives you track performance on road. Benefits are better handling and sports car feel.
Only if it's done right
Old 6th September 2012, 22:43   #63
anb
BHPian

Quote:
With the BILSTEIN B14 threaded ride height adjustable kit, its the race track onto the street.
Bilstein B 14 and 215/45 R17 tyres . How is the ride quality on bad roads? bone jarrying? You should have gone for B6.

Last edited by anb : 6th September 2012 at 22:55.
Old 6th September 2012, 23:15   #64
BHPian

Which lowering springs are suitable for punto?
Old 7th September 2012, 10:48   #65
BHPian

to my knowledge B14 is a superior model from B6. As B6 is the entry level of the Bilstien brand.

lowering springs are available in UK from different brands. In case you are looking for one i have a pair. It is listed in the Classified section of team-bhp so you could check it out
Old 9th September 2012, 22:18   #66
BHPian

Quote:

Would it be appreciated by your family ? Even with soft suspensions on our roads, there is every chance of consulting an Ortho at any moment for back pain.
Old 11th September 2012, 18:04   #67
BHPian

well sports suspensions are not made for family use. If its family use then its better to stick to the company setting on. Its is indeed stiff but the fun is an experience that words cant explain. It really gives you a new level of handling and dynamics

A closer picture would explain the stance of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Pete's 110 hp Punto-punto.jpg  

Nimish anthony is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 15:48   #68
BHPian

The bottom guard of the front bumper looks stunning. Is it stock or custom made ?
I'm plannig to get one for my Getz due to its heavy nose. The stock plastic guard gave way to our roads long ago.

Last edited by Vdrive : 12th September 2012 at 15:50. Reason: addition
Old 15th September 2012, 19:51   #69
anb
BHPian

Quote:
to my knowledge B14 is a superior model from B6. As B6 is the entry level of the Bilstien brand.
B6 isn't the entry level. B1, B2 & B3 are the entry level models. B14 is shocks with height adjustable springs(coil over kit). B6 is just high performance shock absorbers. B6 gives better ride, handling,less body roll and better high speed stability. B14 gives much better handling , stability and almost no body roll at the expense of lower ground ground clearance and very hard ride. I feel B6 is more practical for Kerala roads. B/w Your Punto looks stunning. One of the best Punto I've ever seen.
anb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:06   #70
BHPian

Performance shock absorbers start with the B6 upwards. B1,2 and 3 as far as my knowledge is concerned are just oe replacements and have hardly seen anyone going for it.
Old 23rd October 2012, 11:34   #71
Senior - BHPian

Nimish,

Could you share some info on the front bumper lip ?
Source and cost ?

Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 12:18   #72
BHPian

Great work Nimish.My 90Hp has just clocked 26k on odo and I would also be interetsed now to spend some bucks and pamper the already awesome beauty. Could you tell me where did you get headlamps and front bottom bumper. I also feel sometimes the overall ground clearance is too low specially with all 4 seats occupied.Do you experience the same
Old 16th November 2012, 15:46   #73
BHPian

The front bumper lip was custom made as per a design we worked out. I wanted to work out a design that would suit the punto and the same was crafted in metal. Luckily the design got accepted and side skirts too were designed based on the front lip pattern to maintain a flow.
The cost involved for the front lip is around 8 k and painting another 3k.
Old 16th November 2012, 15:49   #74
BHPian

The headlamps were opened and painted in matte black. The GC is low i admit but it gets enhanced with 17 inch tire profile. Lower the car better the handling. That's what i feel
Old 14th December 2012, 18:52   #75
BHPian

Expensive Upgrades to a new Fiat Punto?

Problem 1: I have an early 2012 Fiat Punto 90 HP. Since Fiat increased the GC for 2012 models, I am told the shocks are stiffer. I did not like the stiff ride so gave it to TASS to fix. Now I have a bouncy ride, much like what the Mahindra vehicles are notorious for. I am very disappointed with my multiple trips to TASS and they are finally changing one of the shocks under warranty. After that, I plan to check the Wheel Alignment and Wheel balancing. However, I am told by TASS that all 2012 Puntos have this problem with the ride quality and not much can be done about it. It's pretty much like driving a water bed. Every pothole creates a rattle and hits me in my spine. Every speed breaker is a pain.

Problem 2: I hate the turbo lag in city traffic, turbo kicks in only after 2000 RPM I guess and it is difficult to drive in bumper to bumper traffic. It's like horse riding really. Also, the 1st and 2nd gear of the car do not do justice to the power available. Very boring to drive it in top gears. It takes forever to get moving on a signal and have to floor the gas to hit the 2000 RPM.

Like I said, I am tired of the Tata service and the Fiat Service will start sometime next year. Not much to look forward to as the same Charlies from Tata will be joining the upcoming Fiat Service Center (at least in my city).

So, out of desperation; I wrote to the famous "Pete's" for a solution and they gave me the following options:

[COLOR=blue]Bilstein B6: Rs. 46,000/- ( Front & Rear ). Comes with Front & Rear shocks. Height will remain the same.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Bilstein B14: Rs. 68,000/- ( Front & Rear ). Comes with Front & Rear shocks and springs. Has height adjusting facility.[/COLOR]
Custom Remap for the ECU: Rs. 32,000/-

I have no idea if these will help but I Googled and they seem to be a leader in Suspension worldwide while Pete's is the best known brand for remaps in India. I could sell the car but it being a Fiat I will lose a lot of money.

Has anybody installed suspension from this brand and a remap from Pete's?
Will it affect the Warranty if I change the suspension?

Last edited by Pedaltothefloor : 14th December 2012 at 18:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks