Team-BHP - Pete's 110 hp Punto
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Pete's 110 hp Punto (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/120639-petes-110-hp-punto-6.html)

Punto probably has the best ride quality among hatchbacks. Something is definitely fishy, and I suspect a wheel alignment issue.

Forget TASS, go to any tyre shop and get the wheel alignment done.

Sad to hear about your issues with the Punto. But something is indeed fishy. Not a single person on this forum has complained about the suspension being bouncy. In a recent poll, Punto won hands down for the hatchback with best ride/handling.

Please visit a reputed wheel allignment centre & get it checked. You've mentioned in your post that you had given your Punto to TASS with the suspension issue. What was the solution offered? Could you please elaborate?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor (Post 2990610)
Has anybody installed suspension from this brand and a remap from Pete's?
Will it affect the Warranty if I change the suspension?

I am quite sure your warranty will be affected. That ultimately depends on the dealer though. I think a MUCH cheaper solution would be to try reducing pressure on the tyres by 2-3 psi. Also, fill/check air in the tyres when they are relatively cold, from a good tyre shop. Petrol pump air checker systems can be haywire.

Also, you could transplant the the entire suspension system from an older model. You have to negotiate with the A.S.S. dealers parts shop. Buy New & OEM only. But first test drive an older model & see if you are OK with it.

Thanks guys. TASS is replacing the front left shocks under warranty and I will do the wheel alignment and balancing after that.

They did offer to transplant the 2011 suspension with lower GC at a cost of 15K. Since it is cheaper than the Bilstein offered by Pete's, I am thinking about it.
This is obviously not covered under warranty. But I have never heard any of the guys with lower GC complain about it so I guess it should be ok.

Thing is, only if you have extensively driven a pre 2012 and a 2012, you would not how much better the pre 2012s are in terms of ride quality.

Bilstien is a different animal and cannot be compared with the normal shocks. It offers superior handling which takes you to a new level. The Punto is is a totally new beast with performance suspensions.

The upgraded height of the punto has compromised the handling of the car. Fiat has added a stabilizer bar along with the new models to compensate the height.
Body roll has substantially increased as the result of the added height. The cornering capabilities of the 2012 car is far behind than the predecessors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimish anthony
Bilstien is a different animal and cannot be compared with the normal shocks. It offers superior handling which takes you to a new level. The Punto is is a totally new beast with performance suspensions.

The upgraded height of the punto has compromised the handling of the car. Fiat has added a stabilizer bar along with the new models to compensate the height.
Body roll has substantially increased as the result of the added height. The cornering capabilities of the 2012 car is far behind than the predecessors.

Thanks Mate. So which is better, changing to 2011 Fiat Suspension or Bilstein B6 or Bilstein B14?

I would suggest drive a >2011 punto and if you are happy with it you can go with the cheaper stock option.

2011 is lower than 2012. Lower the car better the center of gravity and better the handling. The suspension upgrade to sports suspensions is an individual choice.

The sports suspensions available for the Punto are

1. Bilstien
2. KW
3. Hotbits

All these have dealers in india. You have Petes for Bilstiens, PJ speed Shop for KW and Spitfire for Hotbits. Now its the individual choice on which brand he needs. Based on performance and handling all these brands have suspensions for your needs. All these suspensions are imported and will require advance payment and 30 days delivery time.

The bilstiens which can be used for punto are :-

B6 performance
B14 Performance and lowering.

If its on a budget go for 2011 suspension with a 2012 stabilizer bar.

Well one of the best linea i have come across. For Team Bhp only

What's the 0-100 specs for the 110 HP Punto?

the remapped punto will do a 0-100 in 12.76 seconds which is 3 seconds faster than a stock car

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor (Post 3026812)
What's the 0-100 specs for the 110 HP Punto?

alright i have gone through the thread and i have the same car as well(punto 90 hp soon to be remapped), i would to know if there are any other lesser costing options for brakes upgrades?

40K for tarox or likes is too steep for me, please suggest me some thing at lesser pricing and by the way are EBC brake pads available for punto? if some one has used a set do tell your experience.

The punto has one of the best brakes in the respective segment and an upgrade does not make sense until you are really fast. It handles the state of remap with ease. I would be better if you have a tire upgrade which is mandatory and it would reduce your stopping distance by a considerable extent.

With a 17inch tire upsize you would not even need any sort of performance pads too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rider60 (Post 3071249)
alright i have gone through the thread and i have the same car as well(punto 90 hp soon to be remapped), i would to know if there are any other lesser costing options for brakes upgrades?

40K for tarox or likes is too steep for me, please suggest me some thing at lesser pricing and by the way are EBC brake pads available for punto? if some one has used a set do tell your experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimish anthony (Post 3071602)
The punto has one of the best brakes in the respective segment and an upgrade does not make sense until you are really fast. It handles the state of remap with ease. I would be better if you have a tire upgrade which is mandatory and it would reduce your stopping distance by a considerable extent.

With a 17inch tire upsize you would not even need any sort of performance pads too.

hi nimish, this is my car, and it runs on 205/55-R16 as of now, got the car remaped, but still i feel the brakes could use an upgrade.

in the city the brakes are fine, but when driving the 2K-4.3K rpm range on the highway, the brakes do not give the same confidence when the car was stock. hence the question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rider60 (Post 3072118)
hi nimish, this is my car, and it runs on 205/55-R16 as of now, got the car remaped, but still i feel the brakes could use an upgrade.

in the city the brakes are fine, but when driving the 2K-4.3K rpm range on the highway, the brakes do not give the same confidence when the car was stock. hence the question.

Damn,where did you get the Tjet+/2012 Emotion alloys man,i have been looking around since quite some time,but no success,mind sharing the price?