Team-BHP - Pete's 110 hp Punto
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Pete's 110 hp Punto (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/120639-petes-110-hp-punto-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 3072133)
Damn,where did you get the Tjet+/2012 Emotion alloys man,i have been looking around since quite some time,but no success,mind sharing the price?

had to go through a lot of pain, negotiating discounts, waiting and then i finally got a set from malik cars hyderabad.

i cannot disclose the discount details but the final cost of car with the alloys(set of 4) landed me at 8.9Lacs.

EDIT: if you still want a set they are available at the dealership at Rs.10700 per alloy wheel (taxes inclusive) and there is a catch you will need to buy the centre hubs of the alloy wheels separately and then come in packing like this. they cost Rs.400 a piece

Quote:

Originally Posted by rider60 (Post 3072141)

had to go through a lot of pain, negotiating discounts, waiting and then i finally got a set from malik cars hyderabad.

i cannot disclose the discount details but the final cost of car with the alloys(set of 4) landed me at 8.9Lacs.

EDIT: if you still want a set they are available at the dealership at Rs.10700 per alloy wheel (taxes inclusive) and there is a catch you will need to buy the centre hubs of the alloy wheels separately and then come in packing like this. they cost Rs.400 a piece

Ohk so you got them from fiat:)
They are available with KAVA automobiles Mumbai for about 6K per wheel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 3072155)
Ohk so you got them from fiat:)
They are available with KAVA automobiles Mumbai for about 6K per wheel.

are you sure, if so please give me their details i would like to get a spare alloy wheel too i kind of like the price tag as well akshay. can you please pm me the dealership/concerned person details so that i may contact them for one.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rider60 (Post 3072294)
are you sure, if so please give me their details i would like to get a spare alloy wheel too i kind of like the price tag as well akshay. can you please pm me the dealership/concerned person details so that i may contact them for one.:)

Here you go,but there is a Catch,the alloys may not be in Cosmetically perfect condition,at least this is what they say,but no harm in having one extra as a spare.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...le-mumbai.html

@akshay
thank you for the details, just confirmed the cost is 6500 a piece and no centre logo, its needs to be bought separately.

and now back to the topic, guys any updates on economical options for the brake upgrades for punto 90 HP?

an economical option would be to go for slotted rotors on the existing ones. If you do find an expert in the field in your area that would be the most viable option. We have tested the same on the Palio S10 and it has been a huge success.

In rally cars we use Willwood as in the pic. The same is available for the punto but its still an expensive option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rider60 (Post 3072478)
@akshay
thank you for the details, just confirmed the cost is 6500 a piece and no centre logo, its needs to be bought separately.

and now back to the topic, guys any updates on economical options for the brake upgrades for punto 90 HP?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimish anthony (Post 3072619)
an economical option would be to go for slotted rotors on the existing ones. If you do find an expert in the field in your area that would be the most viable option. We have tested the same on the Palio S10 and it has been a huge success.

In rally cars we use Willwood as in the pic. The same is available for the punto but its still an expensive option.

thanks nimish.

has any one got any experience from the TDi racing guys's rotors? apparently they are custom made for the car. the price when inquired was decent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimish anthony (Post 2996674)
2011 is lower than 2012. Lower the car better the center of gravity and better the handling. The suspension upgrade to sports suspensions is an individual choice.

The sports suspensions available for the Punto are

1. Bilstien
2. KW
3. Hotbits

All these have dealers in india. You have Petes for Bilstiens, PJ speed Shop for KW and Spitfire for Hotbits. Now its the individual choice on which brand he needs. Based on performance and handling all these brands have suspensions for your needs. All these suspensions are imported and will require advance payment and 30 days delivery time.

The bilstiens which can be used for punto are :-

B6 performance
B14 Performance and lowering.

If its on a budget go for 2011 suspension with a 2012 stabilizer bar.

Nimish, since you are one of the very few people who have experimented with the Punto suspension; please help me out here.

I changed the entire suspension to the older version with low GC and the anti roll bar from older models. This was done at a fiat authorized service center. I like the softer ride and lower GC now but the car keeps constantly swinging from left to right to left like a waterbed. It's funny you have mentioned to go with 2011 suspension and 2012 anti roll bar. May I ask why is that?

Also, if I go for B14; will the GC be further reduced as it has already come down? If I go with Bilstein, I want to change everything - struts, anti roll bar and the springs. Is that possible?

I fail to understand why the car keeps swaying like a waterbed as lower the gc better the handling. Could you tell me where you got it done and what all did you change.
The basic principle is lower the car better the handling and I have experienced it with per 2011 models which have a better handling at corners. The increased gc in 2012 models has substantial body roll and fiat has added a stabiliser bar to compensate the extra height. So 2011 model with a 2012 stabiliser bar was tested and we got a better car in terms of corners.

B14 is adjustable which comes with height adjustable dampers.
b6 is just the dampers and you can use oe springs.

Enclosing a pic of the lowered car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor (Post 3257924)
Nimish, since you are one of the very few people who have experimented with the Punto suspension; please help me out here.

I changed the entire suspension to the older version with low GC and the anti roll bar from older models. This was done at a fiat authorized service center. I like the softer ride and lower GC now but the car keeps constantly swinging from left to right to left like a waterbed. It's funny you have mentioned to go with 2011 suspension and 2012 anti roll bar. May I ask why is that?

Also, if I go for B14; will the GC be further reduced as it has already come down? If I go with Bilstein, I want to change everything - struts, anti roll bar and the springs. Is that possible?

@Nimishanthony, I did it at RDC Fiat Chennai. Both front and rear struts were changed from increased GC to lower GC struts. Also, they changed the front anti roll bar also to the older version that comes in cars with lower GC. Basically, the entire suspension setup is exactly that on pre 2011 cars with lower GC. I have the anti roll bar that the car came with. Are you suggesting I should keep the lower GC struts and use the anti roll bar that came with the higher GC cars? I can get that done.

Your car looks hot. For the first time I feel I should I have picked up a white instead of the oceanic blue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor (Post 3258010)
@Nimishanthony, I did it at RDC Fiat Chennai. Both front and rear struts were changed from increased GC to lower GC struts. Also, they changed the front anti roll bar also to the older version that comes in cars with lower GC. Basically, the entire suspension setup is exactly that on pre 2011 cars with lower GC. I have the anti roll bar that the car came with. Are you suggesting I should keep the lower GC struts and use the anti roll bar that came with the higher GC cars? I can get that done.

Your car looks hot. For the first time I feel I should I have picked up a white instead of the oceanic blue.

Did you not change the springs? I think that may be the issue, you should have changed the springs too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 3258095)
Did you not change the springs? I think that may be the issue, you should have changed the springs too.

Akshay, springs are the same for the Punto between the pre 2012 and post 2012 models. Part numbers are the same.

Only for the Linea, that too for the rear, new springs are required.

@Pedaltothefloor: I have the setup which Nimish is mentioning. Pre 2012 struts with the 2012 ARB. Everything seems fine, in fact at times, I feel the ride is better than my 2011 made 90HP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimish anthony (Post 3257996)
I fail to understand why the car keeps swaying like a waterbed as lower the gc better the handling. Could you tell me where you got it done and what all did you change.
The basic principle is lower the car better the handling and I have experienced it with per 2011 models which have a better handling at corners. The increased gc in 2012 models has substantial body roll and fiat has added a stabiliser bar to compensate the extra height. So 2011 model with a 2012 stabiliser bar was tested and we got a better car in terms of corners.

B14 is adjustable which comes with height adjustable dampers.
b6 is just the dampers and you can use oe springs.

Enclosing a pic of the lowered car.

AFAIK fiat has added a new stabiliser bar to compensate the ride height in 2012 model. Since the car used was the 2011 model with low gc we added the stabiliser bar of the 2012 and that's how the combo worked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimish anthony (Post 3260369)
AFAIK fiat has added a new stabiliser bar to compensate the ride height in 2012 model. Since the car used was the 2011 model with low gc we added the stabiliser bar of the 2012 and that's how the combo worked.

Ok. I paid an additional 3K to get the older version stabilizer bar but luckily I have the one that the car came with. I will make the switch today and see how it improves ride and handling. Interesting combo - old suspension + new stabilizer bar.

I have driven the new setup, the pre 2012 setup and will now drive this hybrid setup.