Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2008, 23:36   #136
BHPian

Nice set of alloys as akshay said even i too feel the price of alloys is a bit on the higher side.Since when did santro start coming with 155/65 r 13 profile
Old 10th November 2008, 00:37   #137
BHPian

This particular design was the most-preferred of about 25+ designs I saw. In fact, I liked only the HiJoin designs. It looks neat and has a nice "lip". A set of this design of 13 inch HiJoin alloys is 15K - 16K in B'lore. I stated 17K as I included the other extras like fitting, bolts, tyre nozzles, etc. For just the alloys, it was close to 16K. Just out of curiosity, could you tell me how much this design of HiJoin would cost in Mumbai?
This colour is called Sparkle Blue, and has just been launched.
I don't know since when 155/65/13 tyres were standard on Santros, but thats what my car came with.
Old 10th November 2008, 12:00   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
I have upgraded the wheels and tyres on my new Santro Xing GL. The car came with 155/65/13 MRF ZVTS tyres. After reading this thread, I decided the first mod to my Santro should be better rubber.
Wow, thats such a nice set of alloys. Goes very well with the Santro. Wonderful choice
Old 17th November 2008, 02:14   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
A set of this design of 13 inch HiJoin alloys is 15K - 16K in B'lore. This colour is called Sparkle Blue, and has just been launched.
I don't know since when 155/65/13 tyres were standard on Santros, but thats what my car came with.
Congrats! on a great set of alloys, the rates are a tinge expensive when compared to League and Plati which are available in the range of 13-14k. BTW when did Santro come with 155/65/13 tyres, also which brand of tyres did they come with.

My santro purchased in Mar 2007 came with 155/70/R13 Bridgstone S322 TUBE type tyres.

Please shed some more light on this.

I haven't seen this color of Santro before, I think it is Blue Onyx found on official santro site. I didn't find anything called Sparkle Blue, also found out that Passion Red no more features on this page.

Anyone purchasing a P.Red santro, be careful cause you might be buying old stock.

Cheers!
Rajiv
Old 17th November 2008, 10:40   #140
BHPian

my March 2008 Santro in Mumbai came with Mrf zrt tube tyres - 155/65/13. good hard compound tyres for normal use but not good if one is looking for added grip and stability at high speeds on the highway.

iam currenty using BS 175/60/13 petenza g3 on stock steel rims. hoping for rims soon.

In march 08, this sparkel blue was not avaliable and still not listed on the site. but still it looks good.
Passion red was avaliable in march'08.

UM
Old 17th November 2008, 18:57   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajiv.kulkarni View Post
Congrats! on a great set of alloys, the rates are a tinge expensive when compared to League and Plati which are available in the range of 13-14k. BTW when did Santro come with 155/65/13 tyres, also which brand of tyres did they come with.

I haven't seen this color of Santro before, I think it is Blue Onyx found on official santro site. I didn't find anything called Sparkle Blue, also found out that Passion Red no more features on this page.
Sparkle Blue is still not listed on the site along with the other two new colours, so no one is aware. I saw some Plati alloy designs too, but for me, only the HiJoins appealed to my aesthetic sense. As I said, I got MRF ZVTS tyres from the showroom. I have no idea why there is a variance in the tyres fitted on Santros. All I know is, the original tyres looked as wide as my scooter's tyres , and I was determined not to keep them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueMods View Post
In march 08, this sparkel blue was not avaliable and still not listed on the site. but still it looks good. Passion red was avaliable in march'08.
I am the first person to take delivery of a Sparkle Blue Santro from Advaith Hyundai, Residency Road, B'lore. Even the security guys at the showroom got confused, as they've never seen this colour Santro before! I did not like any of the available colours when I booked, so I went for Real Earth colour (something like that). While my booking was being processed, I told them I wanted to change to Onyx Blue. They told me Onyx Blue is phased out along with Passion Red, and one more colour (3 colours were phased out just before Diwali). The replacement for Onyx Blue was Sparkle Blue, and for Passion Red, replacement is Berry Red. I saw the shade plate for Sparkle Blue, and asked them to check if its in stock. The godown had just received this colour, and they blocked one for me. When I saw the car, I couldn't believe how cool it looked! Awesome colour...couple of people asked me if I got the car repainted, as they've never seen this colour on a Santro!
Old 17th November 2008, 23:32   #142
BHPian

Thanks for clarifying Sidman.

However the original tyres varying between MRF and Bridgestone is still a mystery.

JFYI, a friend of mine bought a new I10 and it came with MRF tyres. I guess Hyundai has decided to cut costs by shipping the cars with MRFs instead of Bridgestone.

Cheers!
Rajiv
Old 1st January 2009, 16:50   #143
BHPian

Regarding fitting a Tacho on a latest model Santro Zing Erlx 2008 model.

I would like to know, where in Mumbai, can i get a tacho fitted for my car ?

I tried N1racing and they refused. Not possible they said.

But i have seen two Santro's in Mumbai with tacho.
- A silver one with N1 racing sticker near Coffey day, Yari rd Andheri and another
- black Santro at Mahim.
Iam hoping these two are members of TeamBHP and can share their knowldge of where to go for fitting and is it fitted on the ignition coil or ecu.

Other members, please help.. iam confused - in a santro, is the tacho fitted on the ignition coil or ecu ?

where should i go in Mumbai to get a proper and safe installation?

UM
Old 6th January 2009, 10:27   #144
BHPian

Hey, I have done a neat install from automech. Well, I know the filter is big, for santro, but the performance and mileage has increased to a noteable extend.
She growls above 3k rpm. and also I feel the difference while driving.
Santro Specifics Mods and Upgrades!-filter1.jpg
The filter is facing front of the grill.

Santro Specifics Mods and Upgrades!-filter2.jpg
Well wished to get an air scoop but couldnt find anybody who can do that for a santro. So installed the filter, facing the front grill
Old 6th January 2009, 12:30   #145
BHPian

For a new santro, Automech has standard design for intake pipe -

this is mine.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1046268

Make sure the bracket that supports the intake pipe to engine head, the is very strong, as the support fitting that automech gave broke in a week. i got it replace with a thick metal peice which is used in home window grills.

Once in a while check if the filter is in the proper place and not loose.

UM
Old 6th January 2009, 14:57   #146
BHPian

Quote:
For a new santro, Automech has standard design for intake pipe -

this is mine.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1046268

Make sure the bracket that supports the intake pipe to engine head, the is very strong, as the support fitting that automech gave broke in a week. i got it replace with a thick metal peice which is used in home window grills.

Once in a while check if the filter is in the proper place and not loose.

UM

Hey Bro, Looking at your thread, I think u have been over priced with fitting and labour charges. Well to be honest, I dint pay any thing separate amount for labour
Old 6th January 2009, 16:02   #147
BHPian

i had to pay more as the filter was not bought from automech.
Automech only sells piper and i wanted to put a k&n .

Besides i feel Rs.750 for a nice intake pipe is OK. The K&N + cleaning fluid ( small kit ) was for Rs.4000.

what was your total piper cost ?

UM
Old 6th January 2009, 17:56   #148
BHPian

Quote:
i had to pay more as the filter was not bought from automech.
Automech only sells piper and i wanted to put a k&n .

Besides i feel Rs.750 for a nice intake pipe is OK. The K&N + cleaning fluid ( small kit ) was for Rs.4000.

what was your total piper cost ?

UM
I have imported from saudi.. I didnt purchase from Automech. ! When had u done this job? recently ?
Old 7th January 2009, 10:33   #149
BHPian

around first week of nov' 08.

UM
Old 18th January 2009, 14:01   #150
BHPian

Hey guys,

Got these Neons Brake Pedals. Let me know how does it look
Attached Thumbnails
Santro Specifics Mods and Upgrades!-divaagar-trip-032.jpg  

Santro Specifics Mods and Upgrades!-divaagar-trip-034.jpg  

Santro Specifics Mods and Upgrades!-divaagar-trip-030.jpg