Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2006, 12:15   #31
BHPian

It's fortunate nevertheless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava

As for what happened it's a long story but bear me out: I was travelling at night on NH 24 from Moradabad to Delhi and at a particular stretch of about 12-15 kms. we have an elevated road running on which the sides have very acute slope angles. So in the dead of the night out of nowhere I see a tractor alongwith a trolley attached with not a single light on the damn thing turning towards me from the opposite side. I was doing about 80-90 km/h and I saw the tractor at the last moment when it came in the range of my headlights, so to avoid it I had to swerve and as a result went down the side slope of the road and the car got banged into an old tree lying on its side and a fresh tree from the front. The result once I had managed to get the car pulled out of the steep slope with the help of a tractor was what you see. Fortunately the damage was only cosmetic and I wasn't hurt. I continued onto Delhi and sent my car in for repairs the following week. I still shudder to think what would have happened if I hadn't been able to swerve to avoid the tractor but anyways let bygones be bygones.

I try and maintain my cars to the best standards and anyone who has driven my VTEC is shocked by how fast she is for a car that's done 92,000 kms.
Mate that's good u escaped unhurt.....
Old 11th April 2006, 12:29   #32
BHPian

Lucky you

Quote:
@
@Bruce, Zappo - In UP it's ok to change the colour you only need to inform the Insurance company. Also I checked after I got my car painted and the RC does not have any entry next to the colour so as far as I am telling this is the damn original colour!
no color in the RC book!?
I remember my friend getting ripped royally with the RTO guys in ooty for color changed KAR registered car...
Old 12th April 2006, 01:14   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver
I had just blown up 20K on minor touch up jobs... just the minor scratches/swirl marks that are stubborn to remove with a normal rubbing/polish. So 44K for a complete paint job with a colour change sounds great VFM...

you might want to check the exhaust end can and get the hot gases to flow away from the bumper... otherwise your newly painted bumper will start to fade because of the heat from the Exhaust gases.

Can you throw some light on the make/specs and the price you paid for the chip ? Many of us are dying to fit that on our OHCs...
20k on touchup That's a lot of money. If you want an original colour paintjob of the best quality it will cost you around 36K here in Delhi so compared to that the amount charged for just touchups & polishing is shocking to say the least. And considering the quality of the work it is great VFM.

I have already checked the exhause there is a good 4" inches of clearance from the bumper so no danger of exhaust gases damaging it. Thanks for the concern anyway.

Will post full specs and cost etc. of the chip tomorrow.
Old 12th April 2006, 01:18   #34
Senior - BHPian

@ buzzin hornets, the wolf - thanks and will post the details about the chip tomorrow.

@ bruce - Thanks for your wishes I escaped completely unhurt. As for the colour thing well it isn't mentioned in the RC so as far as I know the cops/RTO guys can't bother me. If they say anything then my standard reply would be that putting the colour in the RC is the RTO office's job not mine so I can't be blamed for it.
Old 12th April 2006, 02:27   #35
BHPian

Thats a fantastic color iraghava and above all a fantastic paint job done .

I ve heard a lot about P and co. but never thought their work to
be so good ..

p.s I need to get my lancer repainted and i think i should try out Pandit & co.
Old 12th April 2006, 02:37   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer
Thats a fantastic color iraghava and above all a fantastic paint job done .

I ve heard a lot about P and co. but never thought their work to
be so good ..

p.s I need to get my lancer repainted and i think i should try out Pandit & co.
Thanks Beemer! If you are serious about a good quality job go to P & Co. they are the best. And while you are there tell them that you liked the job done on Ishan's VTEC they'll be very happy to hear that! Might give you a discount too if you put it nicely enough
Old 12th April 2006, 03:07   #37
BHPian

Quote:
And while you are there tell them that you liked the job done on Ishan's VTEC they'll be very happy to hear that! Might give you a discount too if you put it nicely enough
Yup, that would do it !So,the next time i visit P and co. ,i know who to call ..
Old 23rd April 2006, 02:25   #38
BHPian

Hey dude now i know what you meant by "loud red car".

Awesome work man.. too good. Its really difficult to belive that both cars are the same.

Btw is this the Pandit and Co from CP?
Old 23rd April 2006, 13:06   #39
BHPian

Beautifull colour, the car looks more than just re-born
Old 23rd April 2006, 13:10   #40

Congrats man, now she got the looks....
Old 23rd April 2006, 16:05   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
20k on touchup That's a lot of money. If you want an original colour paintjob of the best quality it will cost you around 36K here in Delhi so compared to that the amount charged for just touchups & polishing is shocking to say the least. And considering the quality of the work it is great VFM.

I have already checked the exhause there is a good 4" inches of clearance from the bumper so no danger of exhaust gases damaging it. Thanks for the concern anyway.

Will post full specs and cost etc. of the chip tomorrow.
I doono how I came to thsi page Was shocked to see your OHC and was suprised how when I saw teh rest of teh pix! Nice work.

Could you post abt the chip thing
Old 23rd April 2006, 16:29   #42
Bob
BHPian

hi iraghava

that's excellent job man.

is it your old car or you have brought it now.

thanx. . .BOB
Old 24th April 2006, 00:36   #43
BHPian

@JK

The car looks awesome in flesh. To me it seemed better than oe paint jobs.
and u have to hear the exhaust... its to die for. Pure Music

Regards the chip.. raghav said its like a piggyback module.. which boosts low end power. Dont kno how it works.. but tried the car myself and there is actually a power boost in the lower range(a common problem on vtecs)

Dunno about the cost though.
Old 24th April 2006, 17:01   #44

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled

The car looks awesome in flesh. To me it seemed better than oe paint jobs.
and u have to hear the exhaust... its to die for. Pure Music

Regards the chip.. raghav said its like a piggyback module.. which boosts low end power. Dont kno how it works.. but tried the car myself and there is actually a power boost in the lower range(a common problem on vtecs)

Dunno about the cost though.
my sentiments exactly......
Old 25th April 2006, 00:35   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastest lakshya
i have ohc type 2 , the roof is dented .
can Pandit & co. peoples help me out ?
& how much they cost for making it perfect ?
or
is it posible to replace roof ?

Yes Pandit & Co. can repair it and make it perfect, the cost only they will be able to quote to you after looking at the damage to the car.

Replacing the roof is an option but why do you want to do that if it can be repaired as is. Since replacing will cost you a bomb and is not advisable as it involves major cutting and screwing up the monocoque structure of the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks