Team-BHP - PICS : Projectors for the new Hyundai i20
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   PICS : Projectors for the new Hyundai i20 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/121707-pics-projectors-new-hyundai-i20.html)

Here are the pics of the projectors for the new i20. Projectors used are the ones seen in the previous thread "Projector HL for Vento" (Chinese made with so called demon eyes).

Hi Naveen, the projectors are super cool. Can you please let me know where this could be done? as I need one for my new swift (Gen 3). I need this to be done on a new headlight assembly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MutantX (Post 2802139)
Hi Naveen, the projectors are super cool. Can you please let me know where this could be done? as I need one for my new swift (Gen 3). I need this to be done on a new headlight assembly.

Thanks. This is in Mumbai. I have posted the pics of projectors for the new Swift as well. Here it is. Done by the same guy.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-here-137.html

I don't think we should blindly go for projectors (pun intended :)). The question is : Does it suit the i20? I don't think so.

Much prefer the stock headlamps any day. They have terrific detailing:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2802617)
I don't think we should blindly go for projectors (pun intended :)). The question is : Does it suit the i20? I don't think so.

To be true with my self i would not go for a Projector just because it looks good. they are way better than any given day when compared to any reflectors. so they are better than the stock setup on the I20 aswell..

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2802617)

Why is it that all these after market projector headlamps look exactly the same to one another? And its not even in a good way, they look hideous! I don't want to sound rude, but its mainly because I have seen a lot of these badly modified cars with such headlamps that I have developed a hatred for aftermarket projectors. stupid:

Agree with GTO on the detailing bit!

Hello,
I am a big fan of projectors (Some call it angel eyes, some call it demon eyes, Halo ring whatever)
but i feel they add that extra oomph to the looks

Just one question, people always say they are heavy on the battery, is it true
I am considering the i20 i-gen seriously and hence wanted to understand if there is a lot of modification needed for this

My local accessory guy is quoting approximately 15k including fitment, is it that costly ?
Also if i understand correctly the i20 has double barrel headlamps now, so for high beam can i go for Rally bulbs, not sure if they are H4 though

Quote:

Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i (Post 3025268)
Hello,

Just one question, people always say they are heavy on the battery, is it true

My local accessory guy is quoting approximately 15k including fitment, is it that costly ?
Also if i understand correctly the i20 has double barrel headlamps now, so for high beam can i go for Rally bulbs, not sure if they are H4 though

If you are using 35w HIDs it should be safe but it does take a bit of juice to get started. There will be three steps to attain the output.

1) Initial ignition
2) Warmup
3) Supply of constant power

The initial startup and warmup consumes power while the 3 step is relatively lower.

I would recommend you to the 35w HIDs over 55w HIDs anyday.

12k-15k is normally quoted by installers. It depends on the quality of the build that eventually determines the price.

I doubt that it's using H4 bulbs. Kindly confirm that. For the new i20, low beam can be projectors while you can upgrade to better halogens for the high beam.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3025278)
If you are using 35w HIDs it should be safe but it does take a bit of juice to get started. There will be three steps to attain the output.

1) Initial ignition
2) Warmup
3) Supply of constant power

The initial startup and warmup consumes power while the 3 step is relatively lower.

I would recommend you to the 35w HIDs over 55w HIDs anyday.

12k-15k is normally quoted by installers. It depends on the quality of the build that eventually determines the price.

I doubt that it's using H4 bulbs. Kindly confirm that. For the new i20, low beam can be projectors while you can upgrade to better halogens for the high beam.

i20 uses H7 bulbs for both high beam and main beam (low beam)

I am a newbie to Projectors and HID's here so please pardon my questions
1. Are those rings different from Demon eyes, if so for demon eyes can we have a different color, for eg Blue instead of that Red, what would be the increase in cost as i would love to have the rings and the blue demon eye look
2. Here is the lamp upgrade i am planning when i get my car
a. low beam upgraded to projector + 6000k HID
2. Halo Ring (White)
3. High Beam H7 bulb upgrade to philips Rally 100W halogen
4. parking bulbs upgrade to philips LED 6000k
and if we get those demon eyes in blue (which i believe glow inside the projector) i would love to add that (just a wishlist)

The setup i am planning is that the halo ring will glow as DRl's when car is on, the demon eyes will come up when i switch on the parking bulbs
And of course the usual low beam and high beam are there

Please let me know if i am planning it right, i am keeping 20k budget allocated for this and also i prefer the bolt on projector kit

Last weekend I installed projector kit which I bought from retrofitsource.com

Mini Bi-xenon 2.5" projectors
5000k 35w hid
LED angle eye

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3danikesh (Post 3041567)
Last weekend I installed projector kit which I bought from retrofitsource.com

Mini Bi-xenon 2.5" projectors
5000k 35w hid
LED angle eye

The conversion looks really hot and chic. 5000k too is an awesome and a very unique choice among a sea of 6000k and 4300k HIDs that we normally see on the road. I love the choice of shroud which makes the angel eyes look stand out. What exactly are these shrouds called? And where did you get the conversion done in Mumbai?

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince85 (Post 3042778)

The conversion looks really hot and chic. 5000k too is an awesome and a very unique choice among a sea of 6000k and 4300k HIDs that we normally see on the road. I love the choice of shroud which makes the angel eyes look stand out. What exactly are these shrouds called? And where did you get the conversion done in Mumbai?

Thanks.

Hi Prince85,
It's called Apollo 2.0, I ordered the entire kit from Internet and installed it myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3danikesh (Post 3043063)
Hi Prince85,
It's called Apollo 2.0, I ordered the entire kit from Internet and installed it myself.

Wow, an amazing DIY install i must sayclap:

Going by the fact that these are 2.5" projectors, i assume these to be either the Morimoto Mini H1 or the Morimoto Mini D2S. Which one is it exactly my friend? And also what is the size of the CCFL/xbaLED that you have in there working as angel eyes?

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince85 (Post 3043110)

Wow, an amazing DIY install i must sayclap:

Going by the fact that these are 2.5" projectors, i assume these to be either the Morimoto Mini H1 or the Morimoto Mini D2S. Which one is it exactly my friend? And also what is the size of the CCFL/xbaLED that you have in there working as angel eyes?

Cheers

Yes you are right, it is Morimoto Mini H1
I bought following items from retrofitsource.com
Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini H1
Wire Harness Relay: H7
Shrouds Apollo 2.0
Morimoto XB LED Amber (100mm) angel eye
Bulbs H1: XB35 5000K
Ballasts Morimoto 3Five (35w)