Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2013, 13:51   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: 3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Yes initial cleaning is done with moist cloth.

Cheers!
That sounds like a major handicap to me, for what is supposed to be a car care shop . It may not make so much difference for someone who has a relatively clean car and wants to get it detailed/polished. But what if someone went on an outstation trip, came back with a lot of grime/ muck on the underbody/wheels/alloys and wants to give it a cleanup? Somehow there is no replacement for washing for dirty vehicles. Just my 2 cents. They ought to get that washing infrastructure up and running.

P.S - mere wiping with a moist cloth on a dirty surface will cause swirl marks/scratches if not done properly.

Last edited by KarthikK : 28th January 2013 at 13:59.
Old 8th July 2013, 22:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

I had been there in April for a PPF job. Extremly disappointed with the work they have done. Some of the PPF is already developing bubbles and the door edges are becoming dirty and visible that there is a film there. I will never visit this place again.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 20:03   #18
BHPian

I decided to pay them a visit and I will not go there again.

They made a mess of my Duster in 4 hours.

Wipers were never cleaned, door lining was not cleaned. And I saw them using some sort of wet towel to clean cars. Seats were still wet when I took, I am wondering what did they do to car in 4 hours. Not professionally done, perhaps because I asked for just interior and exterior cleaning which IMO is not cheap at 2800. And all I got was something I could have done with help of one more person and perhaps same time.

I will suggest, avoid them.
acroback is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 23:57   #19
BHPian

After a long time I decided to visit a car spa to clean my i10 which was due for it's regular wash. Took a day off from office and decided to check all the spa's available in and around Whitefield. First I visited Pete's car spa on Whitefield road but to my dismay there were many other cars in queue hence paid a visit to the car spa in Inorbit mall. But I was not comfortable after seeing their facility. So decided to visit 3M car care near Marathahalli. Before going there I called up the person and got to know that the car wash can be done since there are not many cars for wash for the day. I basically wanted an interior and exterior car wash and did not intend to take up other packages. My car was filty, so the moment I went there, the advisor (I don't know his name) checked the car and was pushing me to take up paint sealent, I was not very inclined to take it. So I told him to do exterior and interior. And again the advisor was pushing me for the paint sealent. I told him clearly that I do not want it. He told me that they would start the car was immediately but it took more than an hour for them to start the work on my car. I had to keep reminding them frequently. So they started around 5:00 pm and the owner came to me and assured me that the car would be delivered by 6:30 PM. I was not happy the way they started their job. Anyhow the job was started and finished in no time. The work done on my car was average. I had to point out the dirt on the car few times and they cleaned it. Through out the service, the advisor was very keen in selling their packages. He kept pestering me all the time. While billing he was literally forcing me to take it up and when I denied he wanted to know the reason. When I gave him the reason, it seemed like he was very disappointed and threw a book on the table. My question here is that why I have to take a package even if I am not interested. Why he has to show his anger by throwing a book on the table. I just kept quiet because I had to leave urgently. The work done on the car was below average. I decided not to visit 3M car care Marathahalli Bangalore again. I was pretty much irritated the way they spoke to me. I will never ever visit 3m car care marathahalli again. I would suggest that please do not go there better go to 3m car care hsr layout.
Old 11th October 2013, 15:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
I will never ever visit 3m car care marathahalli again. I would suggest that please do not go there better go to 3m car care hsr layout.
Do they provide water wash? I thought they only had steam wash facility.
Old 11th October 2013, 18:25   #21
BHPian

I have to agree with the above comments, but unfortunately I fell prey to their pestering of opting for a package. Even me being present there the quality of the work is pretty average. Also I called up previous day and took an early morning (first) appointment, and they showed up 30 mins after my scheduled time (and the manager with the key came 10 mins even later to open the door). Now I have ended up with a few unused coupons, which I don't even want to gift to friends. But just not to waste the money completely I may be compelled to visit once again for the last time, but this time I'll closely supervise the work.
Old 15th July 2014, 13:13   #22
BHPian

And I made my final visit. They are more interested to sell you all these expensive packages, but I had to firmly deny. Finally it went to a point when I had to tell them that if they want me to come back, the best way they can do so is to do a kickass job of the work in hand.

However that didn't seem to motivate them. I had to wipe many imperfections after getting home. And I am highly suspicious that they misplaced the dickey mat (unfortunately I discovered 2 weeks later, but they were the only place I took my vehicle in past 6 months), which they denied over phone. So, blacklisted.
Old 11th May 2015, 16:01   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

3M Car Care-Marathahalli Outer Ring Road

Recently visited 3M Car Care on the Marathahalli Outer Ring Road. Thought I shall share my experience and other details here.

• On the Marathahalli-KR Puram Ring Road. About 1 KM from the Marathahalli bridge on the left side service lane.
  • Was previously located at Kundanahalli gate on ITPL Road

Services Offered
  • Typical 3M Car Care stuff.
  • Wax and wash
  • Internal and Exterior detailing-Standard Packages offered by 3M
  • 3M custom mats

What I opted for
  • 3M Paint Sealant Program' which included the following
  • Exterior clay wiping for removing grease, sticky dirt, tar marks etc.
  • Exterior polishing.
  • 3M's paint sealant application.
  • Bumper dressing.
  • Engine Dressing
  • Tyre cleaning.
  • Glass cleaning.
  • Interior Dry vacuuming.
  • Seat Cleaning(This was not part of the package, but he agreed to clean the back of the front seats as per my request)

What I liked
  • Good location: Easily accessible and with sufficient space in spite of being on the side of a busy road
  • Had space for 3-4 cars to be parked in front and couple in the basement area.
  • Friendly and approachable owner. Was attended to promptly and answered all my questions.
  • Quality of work done. I am not an expert on detailing. But was happy with the work done. Pictures of my car post the work below
  • Accommodated my additional request on seat cleaning.
  • Just starting off in the new location. Hence not very crowded. For people in this part of town, both 3M Car Care HSR and Koramangala are both easily accessible.
  • Offered me a drop to my office after leaving the car. More of a courtesy offer I presume, but a nice touch nonetheless

What I did not like
  • Price: Rs 5900 for the package mentioned below. Even Pete's Smart-Wax (which is supposed to be of a higher quality) costs less. 'Head over Wheels' had quoted Rs 4000 for a very similar package with Pete's Smart-Wax
  • The service adviser attending to me tried very had to push one of their packages. Rs 10,500 for a package that includes the above treatment once more, couple of wax and wash and 2 UV treatment package. The cost, as per him, if taken individually would be ~15000. Had to really push back to get out of it.
  • Slight delay in delivery. Was told it would be ready by 2PM. I reached at 3PM and they were still finishing up.

Pricing
  • Expensive: Apart from above, they had the 3M custom mats which as per estimate would cost Rs 6-7000 for my Vento.

Contact information
Mr Manoj: 9845466008

Overall Verdict: Expensive, but was happy with the work done. Will be worth it if it lasts as long as they claim it would.

Some pictures

3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)-pic1.jpg

3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)-pic2.jpg

3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)-pic3.jpg

3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)-pic4.jpg

3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)-pic5.jpg

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 11th May 2015 at 21:50.
Rajeevraj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 11:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care-Marathahalli Outer Ring Road

Do they just attend to washing alone with their jazzy foam? What would it cost?
Old 12th May 2015, 12:08   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Not sure about the cost, but I assume they will attend to washing alone at least at this time when they are trying to pick up business.
Old 15th May 2015, 09:30   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Normally they do washing if they are not loaded with other tasks. Call them up and fix an appointment to be sure. They charge about 500 for a sedan. Not sure about other types.
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 00:10   #27
BHPian

This is just for information, the 3M store near Kundalahalli Gate/Munnekolal are is closed. I live close to this store and the were not getting much work off late.
But along with that i have noticed a new store come up on the ORR near the Bajaj showroom(after Kala Mandir while going from Marathalli to Hebbal). From the outside, the new store looks much better than the previous one. They have 3M products for sale also. Since this one is on the service lane, parking and traffic is not as big an issue as it was with the old one.
Thought this would be helpful information for people planning to pamper their cars.
smarth.katyal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 14:26   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarth.katyal View Post
This is just for information, the 3M store near Kundalahalli Gate/Munnekolal are is closed.
But along with that i have noticed a new store come up on the ORR near the Bajaj showroom(after Kala Mandir while going from Marathalli to Hebbal).
There is a new 3M care care open near hope farm on the ITPL main road in Whitefield as well. It is on the left when one travels to ITPL from the hope farm junction.
Planning to try this one soon as it is fairly close to my home.
Old 3rd July 2015, 04:42   #29
BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Hi,

A new 3M store opened a couple of months ago at Hope Farm junction, Whitefield. Its beside A2B restaurant on the road going towards ITPL from Hopefarm junction.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3M...f46010a24523e0

MaSh

Last edited by mashmash : 3rd July 2015 at 04:45.
Old 19th December 2015, 22:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Recently visited 3M Car Care on the Marathahalli Outer Ring Road. Thought I shall share my experience and other details here.
Went to this outlet today for getting my Alto detailed - opted for the "Paint Sealent - Advanced" package and Nomad mats. Quality of work was excellent and mats are really good. Overall, on the expensive side but seems to be worth it, at least for now. You are bang on with you evaluation on all fronts, including the sales person going overboard on selling me the annual package, to the extent of being irritating! Overall, a good experience. Am planning to get my second car also detailed here soon.

Some pics attached... hard to say that the baby is 7 years old
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)-car1.jpg  

3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)-car2.jpg  

cool_dube is online now   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks