Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2006, 22:18   #46
Senior - BHPian

Hey SRK,

Great work, but as you have mentioend, the end result will not look that good.

Like you said, the most sensible option would be to just get a better bumper, which will (sort of) negate the effect of those lights.
Old 15th April 2006, 22:57   #47
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys, I've given this some thought...here's what I thought:

1. Metal work is expensive. Your taillamps will set you back by 7k or more for a set of new ones. And there's no guarantee it can be done well, because not every tinker is as good as he claims.

2. You don't want to use the unique identity of the Baleno with Lancer/OHC/Jag lights. Like the idiot who put Astra lamps to make it look "better". Just improve on the existing.

3. Flushed boots suck on big cars.

Let me know what you guys think...
Old 16th April 2006, 01:29   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper
Hello Guys,
At the same time we can log in to http://www.marutibaleno.com/contact_us.asp and complain about the dull look backside to maruti. A mass sugession may prompt maruti to think about it. While doign this please select "Area of enquiry to "Product feedback". Atleast the people who are buying a new beleno will get the benefit provided maruti going to do something on it. Cheers.
hey ths is a good idea.everybody please hop on to the link & post a suggestion.hope maruti hears so tht we can see cuter balenos on the road
Old 16th April 2006, 09:53   #49
Senior - BHPian

We can give the suggestion box a shot, but I am not very confident we will get a response.
Old 16th April 2006, 11:46   #50
BHPian

check out this integrated to the boot spoiler.

how can 1 upload whole pics from imageshack. here i could only upload thumbnails to forum

Last edited by hari_rama : 16th April 2006 at 11:54.
Old 16th April 2006, 13:28   #51
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari_rama
check out this integrated to the boot spoiler.

how can 1 upload whole pics from imageshack. here i could only upload thumbnails to forum
I wouldnt call that a spoiler,because its just giving it a little extended look and wont serve any purpose,but thats just my opinion.I dont know what others think!!

For posting pics copy the link "Show pics",i think its the last one and just paste it in the image button window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r

Ok guys, I've given this some thought...here's what I thought:

Quote:
1. Metal work is expensive. Your taillamps will set you back by 7k or more for a set of new ones. And there's no guarantee it can be done well, because not every tinker is as good as he claims.
Thats true we can have the work done but it will be expensive and not of a great quality untill some one good at it does the job.

Quote:
2. You don't want to use the unique identity of the Baleno with Lancer/OHC/Jag lights. Like the idiot who put Astra lamps to make it look "better". Just improve on the existing.
Yes we can have a LED setup (like what DC has done on Fiesta).But does anyone know how much such a thing will cost??

Quote:
3. Flushed boots suck on big cars.
I agree!
My take on this thing,Leave the shape of the light as it is,just change the light setup.
Design a new bumper complementing the look.Also get the boot a little facelift.
Add a oem style spoiler.These are things currently in my mind.
So what do you guys have to say????
Old 16th April 2006, 13:36   #52
BHPian

[SIZE=2]well what i meant was that do that lancer type rear lights as well as the no plate on the bumper..only doin the no plate thing you are right it looks worse..but work both these things and then see[/SIZE]
Old 16th April 2006, 15:12   #53
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Guys,I have made an attempt in what could be the new gen Baleno.
Here have a look at it ,I'll give the details later as I need to go now.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/27345.jpg

So what do you guys think,is it good enough to go in for production?????
Old 16th April 2006, 16:06   #54
BHPian

srk it looks much better but somewhere i smell the rear design of accent
Old 16th April 2006, 16:19   #55
Senior - BHPian

Excellent work SRK!!!! The car really looks handsome now!!! Bravo!!!!

But this also will require some heavy remoulding work, because your rear bumper, alhtough subtly different from the original, will require a new mould.

It certainly looks fit for production, but it remaisn to be seen whether Maruti will adopt it as Baleno is not exactly a hot-selling product and its doubtful for how many mopre years it will remian in vogue. This is not to say it isnt a fantastic car, though.
Old 16th April 2006, 16:20   #56
Senior - BHPian

And Try moulding in the colour of your rear-reworking with the rest of the carbetter. It looks mismatched now.
Old 16th April 2006, 16:31   #57
BHPian

The new design by srk is quite good, try something with the rear bumpers as well, maybe you should send it to maruti and inspire them to do something on the real thing too....
Old 16th April 2006, 17:56   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK
And yes the light starts from the top corner same as that on a lancer ,I have made a mistake.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/27357.jpg
So what you guys say??
Actually i don't like it much..I still prefer the old fat look.
SRK, this design looks great...how much of 'metal work' is involved? how much is the cost of 'new tail lamps' is this exactly same as 'lancer'?

could you please post this same new design with the just-rear photo i had posted earlier....

SRK, way 2 go ! Hope Maruti takes up some thing like this for production.
Old 16th April 2006, 19:20   #59
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
SRK, this design looks great...how much of 'metal work' is involved? how much is the cost of 'new tail lamps' is this exactly same as 'lancer'?

could you please post this same new design with the just-rear photo i had posted earlier....

SRK, way 2 go ! Hope Maruti takes up some thing like this for production.
Yes those are lancer lights.I dont know how much they will cost but they seem to be available abroad.
The metal work hmmm... though I am not a professional heres what you'll have to do.
Get the light to sit there perfectly i mean the whole setup including the inner part has to sit there.For that you need to mould your quarter panel.
Then comes the tailgate. you need to get the extension done also it has to be properly so as not to crack the light when its closed with a force.Also the top of the tail gate has to curve with the lights I mean see the top end of the lights, they are a little curved.
Thats all then you need to get the paint and you have a new looking baleno.
But the work has to be done by some expert in this field, I dont know how much it will cost but it will be expensive and time consuming.
Old 16th April 2006, 19:40   #60
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari_rama
srk it looks much better but somewhere i smell the rear design of accent
May be, as I took small parts from other cars the way I wanted ,as I am not an expert in photoshop,so its hard for me to create them.But it was not from an accent,I dont remember the cars name (I think it was sonata/elantra).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islero
But this also will require some heavy remoulding work, because your rear bumper, alhtough subtly different from the original, will require a new mould.
But I have designed it as a product from a manufacturing company.It wont be difficult for the company if they really want to change the look as they will have difficulty only in the start.
For modifications I wouldnt go for something so simple.I have some better designs for the old Baleno,with that fat look.

Quote:
It certainly looks fit for production, but it remaisn to be seen whether Maruti will adopt it as Baleno is not exactly a hot-selling product and its doubtful for how many mopre years it will remian in vogue. This is not to say it isnt a fantastic car, though.
I think they may not finish of Balenos but can get a new gen like the Honda city.
And who knows the new gen will be better than we can think...
Quote:
And Try moulding in the colour of your rear-reworking with the rest of the carbetter. It looks mismatched now.
Sorry,but I am not an expert in Photoshop still learning how to handle it.

Quote:
The new design by srk is quite good, try something with the rear bumpers as well, maybe you should send it to maruti and inspire them to do something on the real thing too....
I didnt get you.
The rear bumper are changed from the existing ones but not much difference can be seen.
I have gone for an OEM look.Please can you explain me what you meant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks