Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2006, 11:44   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower
during one of my amateur attempts at modifying the rear on my comp, I was trying to do exactly what I see on this pic ..
The 'Maruti Suzuki' and 'Baleno' badges here, are at the top edges of the rear. Did you change the position ? It's at a lower level, between the lights in my car. I think yours look better.
Old 10th May 2006, 11:48   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK
Guys I think this may replace the existing baleno:-
Suzuki AERIO
Looks a mix of the aveo and honda city,may be a possibility why Suzuki isnt interested in improving the looks of Baleno.
This is already being sold in Indonesia, badged as a Baleno Next-G
http://www.suzuki.co.id/
So it's quite possible this may replace the Baleno .. if it does, I'm glad I already bought it. I think this looks a lot worse than the City.
Old 10th May 2006, 19:17   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
The 'Maruti Suzuki' and 'Baleno' badges here, are at the top edges of the rear. Did you change the position ?
Nopes shuvc's thts where i got them...btw they're all oxidised...need to change them..byw try one more thing...in photoshop try increasing the size of the rear no plate...let it fill out the rear..just c the diff..thts wht im doin next...
Old 10th May 2006, 20:32   #94
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower
..byw try one more thing...in photoshop try increasing the size of the rear no plate...let it fill out the rear..just c the diff..thts wht im doin next...
i have done that.The rear looks different and more attractive to me.
But since I have not done the work in detail I wont be posting it for sometime.
And I'll be giving a new design at the end of this month (after my exams!!!!)
Old 25th May 2006, 14:04   #95
Senior - BHPian

Still no news on IRL :(..
Old 25th May 2006, 21:29   #96
BHPian

i wanna convert my rear taillamps to LED's... i think that should be a cost effective way of IRL of the baleno.. any inputs on this.. who does LED work etc??? i already have 205mm tires and they've considerably reduced the bulge, but on stock steel rims! :P dont have cash to putin alloys...

cheers!
Shrivz...
Old 25th May 2006, 22:35   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz
i wanna convert my rear taillamps to LED's... i think that should be a cost effective way of IRL of the baleno.. any inputs on this.. who does LED work etc??? i already have 205mm tires and they've considerably reduced the bulge, but on stock steel rims! :P dont have cash to putin alloys...
I wonder how u run 205 fat rubber with 5j rims in Baleno which is way too small.....I would suggest u to spend on alloys rather than LED stuff...
Old 25th May 2006, 22:37   #98
BHPian

OT: i'll post a few pics of my tires soon... but thats besides the point.. i do want alloys.. need to build up cash for that..
Old 11th June 2006, 08:39   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz
OT: i'll post a few pics of my tires soon... but thats besides the point.. i do want alloys.. need to build up cash for that..
How about one of these.. they look quite cool.

Old 11th June 2006, 10:24   #100
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Its taking us a rather long while to get the tail lamps done up .. Major hassles being having to concentrate on studies as our engineering exams are coming up , finding a guy who can match our standards working on glass etc .. For the moment the project is on hold .. Will put up details if any improvements ..
Old 13th June 2006, 11:28   #101
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Guys! I think we need to go for a led setup,and if you really wanna be creative we can even design the light setup (i mean the placement of LEDs).
As it will have the same frame,it will just be a replacement,so no cutting-shutting.
Also if done on a large scale,it will be cost effective.

Heres whats in my mind.
We make a prototype (by using different materials eg:- wood,pop,etc.) then we place the leds in order we want.
Then we go and get the moulds prepared and the last step will be finding a person who will get all these in the respective materials.
Also it will help us to recognize team member's baleno on road!!!
But there are some drawbacks';
like where and how to get the materials moulded in the required shape on a small scale.
Also we need to have a talk with an electrician as Leds require less power than Bulbs so we need some resistors of what value,and many small obstacles in our way,but it is NOT Impossible.
So what do you guys think??
Old 13th June 2006, 20:10   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK
Guys! I think we need to go for a led setup,and if you really wanna be creative we can even design the light setup (i mean the placement of LEDs).
As it will have the same frame,it will just be a replacement,so no cutting-shutting.
Also if done on a large scale,it will be cost effective.

Heres whats in my mind.
We make a prototype (by using different materials eg:- wood,pop,etc.) then we place the leds in order we want.
Then we go and get the moulds prepared and the last step will be finding a person who will get all these in the respective materials.
Also it will help us to recognize team member's baleno on road!!!
But there are some drawbacks';
like where and how to get the materials moulded in the required shape on a small scale.
Also we need to have a talk with an electrician as Leds require less power than Bulbs so we need some resistors of what value,and many small obstacles in our way,but it is NOT Impossible.
So what do you guys think??
I think what SRK's saying is absolutely right.. we can try out various designs, we need to find someone wholl do a cheap prototyping job... once the prototype is approved, we can work on the final product...

cheers!
Shrivz...
Old 15th June 2006, 13:53   #103
Senior - BHPian

Nice to know that such a lot of guys are putting in so much of effort/time to make the Baleno's rear look better. I was also pretty excited about this project when it was started, since for years I believed that the rear was the main reason (another reason being wrong pricing by MUL) preventing people from buying this car thus resulting in a good car not getting its due in the market.

But today after owning the car for 15 months, my perspective has changed. I now actually love (a lot) the rear the way it is and would not change it no matter what. It not only looks great, but also stands apart from the normal crowd of sedans. Last weekend, we drove to Yercaud and whenever we stopped for a smoke, I would go stand behind the car, admiring the rear.

Also, when the Baleno was initially launched, the competition consisted of head-turners like the OHC, Astra, Lancer etc. The first two are no longer sold new, while the third has lost its charm and not many seem to be buying it anyway. And the current crop of competitors cannot hold a candle to the Baleno when it comes to looks. Just look at the Fiesta (different looking but not definitely goodlooking, even kind of small-car looks), the Aveo (a crushed from all sides Optra look), the NHC (less said the better) etc. So, as McD would say, I'm Lovin' it.

Edit :
P.S.: BTW, this is just my opinion and not to discourage any of you guys who are working on the new look.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 15th June 2006 at 13:56.
Old 15th June 2006, 15:05   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Imho

I really feel the Baleno's clunker looks is due to its square jawed boot. This is the design flaw that needs to be addressed. Tail lights modification alone don't matter a dime. The particular problem with that square boot is that it starts high-up behind the C-pillar.

The down-slope of the roofline as it approaches the C-pillar has to be more pronounced for the bootlip to modified effectively in the 1st place. Then, the bootline can be silhoutted like the next-gen Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/88542.jpg

Also, Maruti India is not capable of any redesign as they've shown over the past 2 decades. So really, its upto Suzuki's replacement of the Baleno that would tell us whether they've learnt from their previous design fiascos.
Old 17th June 2006, 21:24   #105
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Guys I have made an attempt to just facelift or should I say rearlift the car's look.
It looks a lil different from what it is now but the difference is not much.
Will be posting as soon as my broadband starts working.
Hope you can wait till then..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks