Team-BHP - I need help about K&N filters
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   I need help about K&N filters (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/12275-i-need-help-about-k-n-filters.html)

hey guyz i hava K&N fitted in my RXZ can i use the same one in my M800 coz i just read on board that one guy using K&N in HH which was used in M800 so is that possible or there would be some changes in size of that filter i need your expert views guyz

Dev,

Filters for cars and bikes differ since the air intake is not same. Please visit www.methodsonline.com to find the right K&N filter.

There are several alternatives available like the Proton which I am currently testing a prototype, Ractive, Shark etc

i have a maruti esteem 2001 mpfi model with no engine modifications.what kind of a jump in performance can i expect by ONLY changing the air filter....what will be its effect on my fuel consumption?
what is the minimum and optimum investment to be made just for THAT SOUND that all these ppl are talking about in their testimonials?
a performance increase will be appreciated but how mych of sound enhancement is done using this filter?
are there many models for my car or just a universal one?

@pdev - You cannot fit the same filter as you have on the bike in your M800 since it would be too small and reduce the air supply instead of increasing it.

@Frankmehta - You should see a noticeable diff in performance if you use a conical filter with a proper intake pipe. The FE should go up if you drive normally.

Viper

@frankmehta-I have a santro and i wanted to know what i could expect if i had a k&n on it;heres what i did without spending a single rupee:-
Early on a Sunday morning while taking the car out of the portico(whatever),waited for the car to come to optimum temp. and the popped the hood opened the airfilter box and took out the stock filter.Took the car for a spin in "clean air".Pulled the car properly in 1st and 2nd and there was a definate difference.Sound was great and marginal performance increase(subjective).
Reasons why i did this(before every1 starts)
I might not get to have a filter or any other mod on the cars for the next 3 years(i.e.till im 18).
Seemed a easy way to check what a k&n would do.
I couldnt have possibly screwed up the engine in 5 minutes with absolutely clear air.
This is what i did and pls note i do not recomend it to anyone.Try it at your own risk.

binz

that was a brave thing to do dude..!!!

dude i didnt know anything about it, i read it on board and just tried to get experts comments

Get a proper K&N car filter. Unless you want to do something adventurous!!

guys conical filters have been excessively discussed all over the forum. suggest you to use the search feature.

manson.

guys
i didnt want to make a new thread so i will ask my query here:
i am gonna to install a k&n xtreme filter for my palio but my doubt is about plumping,how size should be the pipe?should it be bg,long and thick or not?
cheers

try to stick with the original length of the plumbing as with the stock airbox.if it draws hot air in that particular area,look for a spot in the engine bay where the engine doesnt radiate too much heat.keep in mind that the plumbing should not go through a lot of sharp bends.the diameter of the pipe should be atleast equal to the diameter of the flange on the conical filter.
a longer intake pipe would boost your low end slightly.
though its advisable to go fit it at a dealer who knows what he is doing and has executed several jobs like yours before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by payam (Post 334854)
guys
i didnt want to make a new thread so i will ask my query here:
i am gonna to install a k&n xtreme filter for my palio but my doubt is about plumping,how size should be the pipe?should it be bg,long and thick or not?
cheers

Get it fitted professionally by an authorised K&N dealer. No point risking your engine with an amature job.

@pdev if you find the k&n too expensive then you could probably go in for the simota air filter..its around 1000/- for the conical filter and you could get it at motosport on carters.

well there's piper cross also coming into india...try that out..

Quote:

Originally Posted by mail4ajo (Post 209127)
Dev,

Filters for cars and bikes differ since the air intake is not same. Please visit Methods Car Parts and Car Accessories Online Shop and Distributors in Bangalore India, K&N Performance Filters, Sparco Motorsport Accessories to find the right K&N filter.

There are several alternatives available like the Proton which I am currently testing a prototype, Ractive, Shark etc

I dont think you would have a problem back there. The filters doesnt forcefeed the air it just eases the natural aspiration that your engine already does. In any case the K&N will be better than the closed filters you have now.
Even if the surface area of the filter is too small compared to the filter you have on board, you still have a chance because of the filter quality of the K&Ns. The filter cloth allows for more airflow with better filtration.