Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2012, 17:19   #1
BHPian

What do YOU look for in a Car Accessories / Tyre Shop?

Hey Guys ,

1) What is it that you expect at an automobile accessories store ?
2) Do you look at brands or usability ?
3) Do you stick to one store or move about in search of options ?
4) What suggestions do you have to give when it comes to being pleased as a customer ?

Waiting eagerly for your feedback

Last edited by GTO : 25th July 2012 at 13:42. Reason: PM coming up
Old 12th July 2012, 11:58   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: What Do you Look For in a Car Accessories/ Tyre Shop ?

1) What is it that you expect at an automobile accessories store ?
Availability of specific models, or at least semi feasible window of availability.
I just hate it when I go into the stores asking for one product, and I am suggested another one for being "better", "newer" etc......

2) Do you look at brands or usability ?
Personally, its the best match of a brand, usability, and price.

3) Do you stick to one store or move about in search of options ?
ref "1".I would love to visit one store, but of course, after price checks on the telephone.

4) What suggestions do you have to give when it comes to being pleased as a customer ?
A couple of customer references, comprehensive pictures of installs, dont scratch my car , maintain your margins reasonably.

A lot of feedback from an out-of-towner, eh?

Last edited by GTO : 25th July 2012 at 13:43. Reason: Removing quoted post
Old 12th July 2012, 12:18   #3

I look for an eager shop-keeper who would ask and give an opinion if required. It is a basic mentality of feeling good when you get signals from the shop-keeper that you are an important customer and we are honoured to have you here.

Quantatively, the below is required:
  1. Depending from customer to customer; Brands are important along with the useabiltity. If possible try to have different brand options for the same product - variety is always welcome.
  2. Like I said above, if I feel that it is a 1-stop shop for all my auto products, I would stick to one.
  3. At times there are situations when you may not have a specific brand that a customer wants, in that case, try to get it for him in a stipulated time frame and if possible do a home delivery - the customer will be yours forever.

Last edited by GTO : 25th July 2012 at 13:43. Reason: Removing quoted post
Old 12th July 2012, 16:21   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quality of products, first class brands, range of merchandise, quality of execution in terms of fitting and so on, knowledgeable staff, relationship with the shop owner, excellent service. Fair pricing is fine. I would appreciate a discount but it is not mandatory.

I do not like poor products, badly trained staff who are uncaring in their execution, badly lit premises, lousy range and so on.

The buzzword here is high quality - all else is of secondary importance.
Old 12th July 2012, 17:44   #5
BHPian

Not specific to car accessories or a tyre store - but what I look for in any store is (in addition to what is already mentioned in earlier posts):

Freedom - I love to window shop at automobile accessory stores - simply because there are so many new things/gadgets cropping up, it's best to see them physically.
The owner of the place I freqent does not mind even if I end up buying nothing - but he gives me due attention - answers questions patiently. Result - I don't go anywhere else.

Attention - Customer in front should be given priority over a telephonic inquiry. Somebody has taken the trouble to come over - have the courtesy to attend to them first. Conversion from prospect to paying customer is maximum with footfalls.

Honesty - A certain amount of smooth talk is expected while running a business - but do not make false promises.

Time - Honor the time commitment given. Most people will try and schedule fitment on non-working days. Try and complete their work within the time specified. If not offer to drop/pickup for reasonable distances.

Last edited by mmxylorider : 12th July 2012 at 17:45.
Old 13th July 2012, 00:42   #6
BHPian

i> A learned shop-keeper is what i look for the most. He must know his products well and suggest informed, semi-informed and ill-informed customers with the right product.

ii> A car-loving shop-keeper. That takes care of the rest.
Old 13th July 2012, 05:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

Depending on what i am buying, if its a sundry cheap thing i would not mind experimenting with different brand if suggested, or maybe buy something else altogether. For bigger work like ICE/Audio i would rather get some recommendations from either Team BHP or elsewhere and then make a visit to the store and see how knowledgeable the guy seems to be and are there some good recommendations.

Price usually comes last, although in some items it might come first.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks