Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2006, 22:35   #1

Keyless entry & security for Santro XO.??

Hi All,

Just got a Santro XO in chennai. The dealer wanted about 4.3 K for installing the keyless entry & security thingy.

The car will be used pretty much sparingly by my parents. So is keyless entry & security necessary in India?

Should I pay 4.3k to the hundai dealer?.

I am told that there are other shops in chennai that do can do the same. Don't know what the non-dealer cost is?
Old 17th April 2006, 23:28   #2
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Ask the dealer what is he fitting ? the brand name is it MAX or COBRA and what all features are u getting. and Yes central locking and anti theft systems are required in india.
Old 18th April 2006, 01:18   #3
BHPian

u cud try n get it free from ur dealer! my friend jus bought a honda city n got an autocop, body coloured mirrors n door handles and wodden finish interiors FREE

~cheers
-Ash
Old 18th April 2006, 07:34   #4

No chance from dealer... we have paid and now the ball is in his court. I actually missed out on the remote & security although it was in my list. (there was to much crap talk when negotiating)...
Old 18th April 2006, 08:19   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundarpn
No chance from dealer... we have paid and now the ball is in his court. I actually missed out on the remote & security although it was in my list. (there was to much crap talk when negotiating)...
no matter you paid him.
but until he gives you the product, the sale is not over.
so right now you can revoke your offered money and cancel the contract of sale and get your money back.

but thats just theoretical! in practical life, you are in trouble.

well, ask him the brand and model and price details (of the "thingy" he is selling to you) and tell us.
if it is of a good brand and appropriate model, then 4.3K worth of locking system doesnot looks a bad deal!

i'll not be harsh on you by saying that why the hell you gave him the money in advance, but you'd have been much more careful in dealing with such people!!

but now do obtain all the warranty papers of that product with requisite seals and stamps, etc.

also try to keep him on hold for some days tby saying that you want some better model of that type of locking device.
Old 18th April 2006, 12:08   #6
BHPian

i agree with revharder since you paid up-front the dealer has you by the b*ll*s, the best is to calmly negotitate with him by finding out how much this actually costs in the market and also, getting the proper warranty and everything. Personally i've found getting accessories from dealerships is the most expensive thing ever, and usually they just get most of such kinds of things from outside and get them installed for you (sometimes even the technicians for those particular products are not their own)!!
Old 18th April 2006, 12:11   #7
Senior - BHPian

I suggest you go for a Gear Lock. The electronic locks are easy to crack, i have found it out the hard way. The gear lock has saved my car 3 times of being stolen. However, as an additional security feature, keyless security is good. Go for Autocop.
Old 18th April 2006, 12:56   #8
aZa
Senior - BHPian

sundarpn when i got my santro i got tons of goodies free

1. seat covers
2. central locking cobra
3. Teflon + underbody
4. Mats and flaps
5. gear lock

and the insurance and road tax were the monetary freebies ... find out about all this frmo ur dealer too.
Old 19th April 2006, 23:02   #9

well, getting anything more from the dealer is ruled out as I have taken delivery.

The dealer gave undercoating, teflon coating, fog lights, mudflaps, floormats kit, car cover, sun film

The on road price incl insurance+registration+road tax for this XO (metallic real earth color) was almost 4 lacs.

I had a audio head unit and 2 speakers. I got this fitted from an outside person + two 3 way pioneeer speakers + seat covers + streeing cover + cig lighter pwr socket + reverse alarm for a total of about Rs. 5000

This outside accessory guy had some indian (german collaboration he said) security system. I forgot the name. He wanted 4000 as fixed. It did not have the impact sensor, other than that it seemed to have everything like starter cut off etc.

I decided that remote security is not needed and since th car is for my dads use, i don't want it to be complicated.
Old 19th April 2006, 23:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Watch out when you get these things fixed. Avoid cutting of wires which could kill ur cars warranty
Old 20th April 2006, 09:25   #11
BHPian

sundarpn,
you are not mentioning any brand or model number of anything!

this is making it quite difficlut for me atleast to understand the situation you are in !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks