Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2011, 23:44   #151
BHPian

Re: Scan Gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
Its the same one which stopped working on my car right. We checked when we had met up I thought you already ordered one.
I ordered it on 1st Aug and yet to receive the item.
So almost lost the hope of getting it.

BTW did you got the replacement? Are they still asking you to send the item back? Any hope?
Old 12th October 2011, 23:50   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
I ordered it on 1st Aug and yet to receive the item.
So almost lost the hope of getting it.

BTW did you got the replacement? Are they still asking you to send the item back? Any hope?
Oh. Thats really sad. This is the risk of ordering stuff with non-registered delivery. And about the replacement, they told they sent the replacement. Its been 2 months and i am still waiting
Old 13th October 2011, 11:20   #153
BHPian

@ambat

My order status shows "Packaging" faster than I thought. Have you checked your order status recently?
Old 13th October 2011, 18:34   #154
BHPian

happy to hear that, mine is still "waiting for supplier". Just keep updating and let us know when you receive the item, we will meet and evaluate the working and probably I could cancel my order and go for ELM327.
Old 29th November 2011, 11:23   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
Its the same one which stopped working on my car right. We checked when we had met up I thought you already ordered one.

Yup. It took 27 days(Including Non working days) for me to get the same thing.
Worked like a charm so long as it worked. But it stopped working when i plugged it out when the car was running

The readings were accurate. The throttle position / The Speedo reading were all pretty good. But, the Instantaneous FE figures varied over a very large range . The speedo reading has 2 options in the Torque app : The one from the GPS and the one from the Scanner. I also monitored the Boost PSI reading and even that was pretty accurate. I drive a diesel car, so the boost psi used to be in negative at idle and used to become 0 around 1.8 rpm and move in the positive direction from there on. All the best with yours. Cheers.

Very true, its almost a month since my date of purchase. Got my piece few days back, got a 312/- ticket as customs duty.

I've connected it to the OBD port below the steering wheel and all the LEDs light up for a sec and after that only red (I guess its power light) remained on. Switched on to ignition mode, paired with my phone using the code 6789 (I got it from DX reviews) which was not written anywhere in the package though. Started the Torque app from the phone, switched on the GPS but the software says adaptor not paired with the phone Tried few more times, displays the same message.

Is there anyother procedure I've to complete? How did you configured with this dongle?

Does anybody know what could be the reason? In the bluetooth menu the dongle displays as paired in the name "CHX"

Last edited by sajjt : 29th November 2011 at 11:36.
Old 8th May 2013, 09:13   #156
BHPian

Re: Ultragauge - viable alternative for the Scangauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.mathew View Post
The new version Ultragauge EM has just been released which supports metric units as well and it is available for about USD 79.
Got ultragauge for 81 USD (basically comes with a holder too). The 3m tape along with it didnt work, but used another layer to stick it to dashboard

Spark --> it mapped 58 of the sensors and for EON,it captured 63. (There are totally 90 gauges that ultragauge can show)

Just installed in the cart today and it was fun driving seeing the inst mileage, the average speed and DTE.

As Anoop pointed out, the 1.2 v supports the metric units also.
pvgeorge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 16:18   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvgeorge View Post
Got ultragauge for 81 USD (basically comes with a holder too).
Good to hear, George. As my current ride is a Santro, which is not OBD II compatible, I haven't got around to buying one yet for me. Hope it has proven useful to you.

Did you get somebody to buy it in the US and bring it over OR did you get them to ship it internationally?

Where are you in Bangalore? If possible, I'd like to get a look at it. I'm based in Electronic City.
Old 10th May 2013, 18:35   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.mathew View Post
Good to hear, George. As my current ride is a Santro, which is not OBD II compatible, I haven't got around to buying one yet for me. Hope it has proven useful to you.

Did you get somebody to buy it in the US and bring it over OR did you get them to ship it internationally?

Where are you in Bangalore? If possible, I'd like to get a look at it. I'm based in Electronic City.
I had brought it self on a recent trip to US. took 2 and gifted 1 to my bro. Customs didn't had any issues with it.

Looks descent although a bit small. I m at Trivandrum and not in Bangalore, just that the location shows wrongly. considering that I didn't had such a toy in car, it surely caught my attention and I am looking forward for a long trip to explore

the holder is not of much use as the 3m tape behind wasnt sticking properly. used separate 3M tape to stick it to dashboard

will be visiting bangalore in couple of weeks and will touch base with you. will bring the gauge also along.
Old 15th September 2013, 05:38   #159
BHPian

Mahindra Scorpio has an OBD port.
Has anyone tried using a Scangauge or any other OBD module in SCorpio?
need the info for a friend who wishes to fit a scangauge in his LX 4x4 model.
Old 15th September 2013, 11:40   #160
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Mahindra Scorpio has an OBD port.
Has anyone tried using a Scangauge or any other OBD module in SCorpio?
need the info for a friend who wishes to fit a scangauge in his LX 4x4 model.
See if there's a mention of it in this thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...dian-cars.html

cya
R
Rehaan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 10:31   #161
BHPian

Adding trip computer on a chevy beat

Hi all,

I have a beat diesel PS and it does not even have a clock. So was searching around for a trip computer and got a scangauge e installed. It works great but there seems to be a bug in the software version which makes the Distance to Empty reading wrong.

Was reading around and found that by adding an additional button we could have the trip computer functionality such as fuel efficiency/DTE on the stock display.

I dont have the expertise to do the soldering and wiring so I thought I would share this information so others can benefit from this.

Please find information below:
http://www.daewooclub.co.uk/forums/s....php?tid=12333
ramkris is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks