Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2011, 11:34   #121
BHPian

Re: Scan Gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo_gogo View Post
@anoop:- Did Xander contact you to sell the device. Which car you have ? i am also selling . What is your location in India.
I am in Mumbai. But Chennai is also not a problem, as my relative is coming to Mumbai from there in a week. Delhi/Bangalore is also not a problem as I travel at least once a month to these cities.

As I am still not able to PM, please contact me at avm DOT sg2 AT mailnull DOT com and we can take the discussion offline from the forum.
Old 28th May 2011, 11:50   #122
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
The downside of scangauge is that the tripmeter/speedo readings is in MPG/MPH :(... I prefer the metric system.. dont have the patience to do all the conversions !!

From the FAQ:
Quote:
Does the ScanGauge II support metric units?
Yes, the units of measure can be independently selected between Miles/Km, Gallons/Liters, Celcius/Fahrenheit, and PSI/KPA.
If you choose Km and Liters, fuel economy is reported as liters/100Km (LHK).
If you use Imperial Gallons when you do the calibration, fuel will then be adjusted to use Imperial Gallons.
Will this thing work with a Gypsy?

--Ragul
Old 30th May 2011, 10:25   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
From the FAQ:

Will this thing work with a Gypsy?

--Ragul
Hi Ragul,

At the moment, only a few of the Maruti Suzuki models are compatible with Scangauge. They are

1) Maruti Ritz (both petrol and diesel versions)
2) Maruti Swift (petrol, K12 version)
3) Maruti SX4 Diesel (not tested, but company claims that it is OBD2 compliant)

It is likely that the new models coming out of the Maruti stable will be Scangauge compatible.

However, the old models, which includes the Gypsy, are not compatible. It is best to test your particular car/model with a borrowed scangauge before importing one.

Anoop
Old 31st May 2011, 07:15   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.mathew View Post
Any plans to sell the device? I am interested in buying the same, if you are. Sorry for the forum post, but I am not yet eligible for PM, under the new policy.
Anoop, I already sold the device to a friend of mine on whose car I did some testing. He was impressed by the time testing was over. btw, which car are you having?
Old 31st May 2011, 08:33   #125
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Ragul,

At the moment, only a few of the Maruti Suzuki models are compatible with Scangauge. They are

1) Maruti Ritz (both petrol and diesel versions)
2) Maruti Swift (petrol, K12 version)
3) Maruti SX4 Diesel (not tested, but company claims that it is OBD2 compliant)

It is likely that the new models coming out of the Maruti stable will be Scangauge compatible.

However, the old models, which includes the Gypsy, are not compatible. It is best to test your particular car/model with a borrowed scangauge before importing one.

Anoop
I have a 2010 Gypsy. Perhaps the ECU has been upgraded in it? Le me ask MASS.

Thanks
--Ragul
Old 2nd June 2011, 09:40   #126
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 10th June 2011 at 12:23.
gogo_gogo is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th June 2011, 16:06   #127
Senior - BHPian

Got the scangauge2 and used it in my i20.

It connected seamlessly and is fully compatible!! (its also compatible with Accent)

btw took a few pics during a test run - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2379350
Old 9th June 2011, 08:19   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Got the scangauge2 and used it in my i20.

It connected seamlessly and is fully compatible!! (its also compatible with Accent)

btw took a few pics during a test run - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2379350
What is your software version ? it looks to me 4.05 as it's showing KPL. Where did you buy? Amazon or somewhere else ?
Old 18th June 2011, 18:25   #129
BHPian

Linear Logic, who make Scangauge, have come out with ScanGaugeE, which is specifically geared towards getting higher fuel consumption.

It is more compact and also has a graphical representation of your recent fuel economy. The graph shows your average FE, and whether
FE at points in time in the recent past were above or below it.

Another feature is to set a specific FE as a goal and then the graph will use that value instead of average FE.

Best of all, it is only about $95 instead of the $159 ScangaugeII.

One of our team-bhp members currently has one for sale in the classifieds under the accessories section.

As not all cars are compatible, please check if your car is compatible before purchasing either the ScangaugeII or ScangaugeE.

In the US, all cars after 1996 are compatible, but in India, other than the Maruti cars mentioned in my previous post, it is mostly the American cars (Ford, GM) that are compatible. For Hyundai, the Santro is not, but the other current models are compatible. There is not much data available on whether Tata cars are compatible or not.
Old 30th June 2011, 17:42   #130
BHPian

Ultragauge - viable alternative for the Scangauge

There is an alternative to Scangauge that I recently found out. It is called the Ultragauge and it has an LCD screen that can show three pages, each page having 6 meters. The best part is the price, currently it is discounted at $60. While it automatically scans for the appropriate protocol, it is unlikely to support Indian cars which the Scangauge is not compatible with.

Disadvantages
1) It does not support metric units (only gallons and miles) yet, but metric support is on the way in the new version, likely to come out in July.
2) It is only available through the company website and even they are out of stock, probably because they are waiting for the new metric version
3) The unit's warranty is void if its internal temperature crosses 170 F, which can happen if you leave it on the dash on a hot day in the Indian summer
4) No graphs or ability to record the readings for download to a computer later
Old 1st July 2011, 05:43   #131
knp
BHPian

^ can u pls provide the link?
Old 1st July 2011, 10:36   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
^ can u pls provide the link?
It is the first link when you search for UltraGauge on Google. Anyway, the website is is www.ultra-gauge.com
Old 26th August 2011, 12:07   #133
BHPian

Re: Ultragauge - viable alternative for the Scangauge

Quote:

Disadvantages
1) It does not support metric units (only gallons and miles) yet, but metric support is on the way in the new version, likely to come out in July.
The new version Ultragauge EM has just been released which supports metric units as well and it is available for about USD 79.
Old 10th October 2011, 14:53   #134
BHPian

Scangauge E : Advanced Trip Computers, Digital Gauges

Hello all, just came across this device called Scangauge E,

Scan Gauge-scangaugee.jpg

Am seriously considering this for my car so that, I can monitor the FE and other things more precisely. Its very compact and easy to setup and takes only very little space to accommodate.

Scan Gauge-scange.jpg

The device claims that it can:

Track Your Fuel Consumption in real time.

Track your fuel costs and fuel used in real-time. View information such as miles-per-gallon, gallons-per-hour and Trip Fuel Used. Track actual fuel costs with Trip-Fuel-Costs and Today’s-Fuel-Costs digital gauges.

Scan Gauge-scangaugee1.jpg

Track Your Vehicles' CO2 emmisionsMonitor Your Carbon Footprint

Track your vehicle’s CO2 output in real-time. View information such as Current-CO2 and Trip-CO2. You can also track the days Total CO2 and Total CO2 for the tank within the built-in Trip Computers.

Here's the detailed ScanGauge-e overview

Following in the footsteps of the award winning ScanGauge II, the all new ScanGauge-e features more than 18 built-in digital gauges in the standard or metric format. In addition to dual gauges, the ScanGauge-e provides real time fuel economy feedback that is displayed in a unique to the industry graphical format. The recently achieved fuel economy display period can be adjusted to show from approximately 10 seconds to 5 minutes.
  • OPEN LP/ClOSED LP - This indicates when the oxygen sensor is being used to control the mixture (closed-loop) and when it is not .
  • MAP or BST - This indicates the pressure in the intake manifold. It is reported in Pounds per Square Inch (PSI) by default but can be changed to kilo-pascals (KPA) if desired.

If the engine is turbocharged or supercharged, you can set ScanGauge-e to calculate and display this gauge as Boost (BST) through the Advanced Setup parameters.
  • MPG/KPG/MPL/LHK/KPL - Instant fuel economy is updated about every 2 seconds at the NORMAL update rate . Small changes in throttle position or load while driving will show almost immediate changes in this gauge.
  • MPH/KPH - Speed in the units selected.
  • RPM - The RPM of the engine.
  • TPS - In some vehicles, a closed throttle will read 0 and full throttle will read 100. Other vehicles will have a higher value than 0 for a closed throttle and a full throttle value less than 100.
  • FWT/CWT - Water/Coolant temperature. A vehicle with a 50/50 mix of coolant and water will not boil over until about 265˚ F at sea level. This will be reduced at higher elevations.
  • AVG - This is the current average fuel economy and is updated about every 2 seconds (normal rate).
  • TFC - This is the total fuel cost for the current trip.
  • CPM - Cost of fuel per mile at this time.
  • VLT – Normal running battery voltage is between 13 and 15. When the engine is off it should be between 11 and 13. Voltages higher than 15 volts can damage batteries and electrical components. Voltages below 13 when the vehicle is running could indicate poor charging of the battery. Voltage below 11 when the engine is off could indicate a low battery charge or a shorted battery cell.
  • FIA/CIA – Temperature of the air going into the engine. At highway speeds, this will typically be a few degrees higher than the outside air temperature. At idle or low speed, it may be much higher in temperature than the outside temperature due to the low airflow into the engine and the high under-hood temperatures warming it up.
  • FPR – This is the fuel pressure from the fuel pump. Very few vehicles report this.
  • GPH/LPH – Fuel consumption rate in the selected units. This is sensitive to throttle, gear and loading changes.
  • IGN – Shows the amount of timing advance (or retard). The more advance there is (or less retard), the better for fuel economy and power. The limit is set by the octane of the fuel, the intake air temperature, and the load on the engine. A lower than normal amount of advance for similar temperature and speed could indicate too low an octane of fuel is being used.
  • LOD – This is a percentage of the maximum power available currently being generated. In some vehicles it is the maximum available at the present RPM.
  • DFC – This is the total fuel cost for all trips for the current day.
  • CO2 – This shows the amount of CO2 your vehicle has produced during the current trip.
  • TCO – This shows the total amount of CO2 your vehicle has produced durring the current day
The best part is, installation is pretty straight forward, all you have to do is just plug in the device to your ODB II port in the car and there’s no separate power supply for this as it will utilize the power from the port and will be on sleep mode once the car is stopped.

Scan Gauge-scange1.jpg

Night mode is auto which will adjust the brightness without annoying the eyes.

Experts, please share your views for installing Scangauge E in car, Its listed in Ebay for 7408/- Is it worth to go for such a device? Is there any fellow member using this device on your rides please come forward for a neutral testimony?
Old 10th October 2011, 16:19   #135
BHPian

Re: Scangauge E : Advanced Trip Computers, Digital Gauges

Have seen it being used by a few team-bhpmembers:

Here's an old review - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...can-gauge.html

@trrk - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1750676
@gaddiwale - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1806272
90BHP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks