Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2006, 02:01   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata Indica Modification

I have TATA Indica which i got dented - painted recently....it looks brand new baby, i havent put anything on the outer (not even side beadings.....); what can i do to improve its look (except going to autopsyche )? the color is Pearl Silver.
Old 19th April 2006, 02:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

if u have the $$$ go to autopsyche......he is the best. or else u can put some nice rims on......tints........a spoiler perhaps...uhhhm the best option would be autopsyche though... check out his indica.....it rocks
Old 19th April 2006, 03:25   #3
BHPian

Except autopsycho. You can go for new alloy wheels, Check out the thread on tyre's and alloy wheels.Go for some Tints, and ya you can get that black tape between the back and and front door glasses on that mattalic surface(i hope you got what i mean) It looks damn nice with tints.

Go for a spoiler on rear.I think thats enough to make it a bit hap.If you wanna be more funky then add neons (street glow ones) they are the best.You can then also go for Rio bumper design if available for indica though i dont know much abt that.
Hope i was of some help.Tc.
Old 19th April 2006, 10:19   #4
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can then also go for Rio bumper design if available for indica though i dont know much abt that.
I think RIO is available in Mumbai and I have not yet seen a Indica modded by him.
Old 20th April 2006, 00:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

thanx so much nimish and everybody else. it was cool, i dont have enough $$ to go to a professional mod....u get bored after some time and then tend to again waste money.

nimish....can u plz lemme know where i can find grill (delhi)?

Last edited by panky12345 : 20th April 2006 at 00:57.
Old 20th April 2006, 01:22   #6
Senior - BHPian

Have you seen the tata indica featured in auto expo this year. There was a indica featured by the name satellite i have a video if you want it i can upload it and give you the link
Old 20th April 2006, 04:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

plz pramod.....i'd love to see that! and if u have any pics as well.

Last edited by panky12345 : 20th April 2006 at 04:29.
Old 23rd April 2006, 03:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

waiting for the video and pics pramod....
Old 23rd April 2006, 13:50   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar
Have you seen the tata indica featured in auto expo this year. There was a indica featured by the name satellite i have a video if you want it i can upload it and give you the link
its not SATELLITE, its a SILHOUTTE which uses a 3.5l engine and races to 96 kmph in 4.5 seconds........besides what can he copy from that; it looks frivolous and if it dint have that engine and that kind of performance ppl would laugh at it.....(btw i DID laught at its OTT and impractical looks and that very ordinary TATA finish)

panky u can paint your a b and c pillars black(a la swift) and with a pearl silver colour (which i think is more mature then sporty) you must try giving it that very corporate look that is silent and deadly, try giving her some nice font for her numberplate, experiment with the foglamps and if u have the budget the headlamps and the taillights.....give her a dark dual tinted black film(not allowed but i have seen many get away with it here in mumbai).....try putting on a nice pair of 5 spoke alloys(try neo) but dnot make the wheels too fussy, remember the indica has a large gap in its wheel arches and making the wheels look very attractive could also draw a sore look at the gap in the arches so just try to keep things down there simple but elegant....get the grill changed to a mesh type(a la ikon sxi) that looks very stylish.....get a teflon finish done and maintain her beauty....
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2006, 13:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta
its not SATELLITE, its a SILHOUTTE which uses a 3.5l engine and races to 96 kmph in 4.5 seconds........besides what can he copy from that; it looks frivolous and if it dint have that engine and that kind of performance ppl would laugh at it.....(btw i DID laught at its OTT and impractical looks and that very ordinary TATA finish)

panky u can paint your a b and c pillars black(a la swift) and with a pearl silver colour (which i think is more mature then sporty) you must try giving it that very corporate look that is silent and deadly, try giving her some nice font for her numberplate, experiment with the foglamps and if u have the budget the headlamps and the taillights.....give her a dark dual tinted black film(not allowed but i have seen many get away with it here in mumbai).....try putting on a nice pair of 5 spoke alloys(try neo) but dnot make the wheels too fussy, remember the indica has a large gap in its wheel arches and making the wheels look very attractive could also draw a sore look at the gap in the arches so just try to keep things down there simple but elegant....get the grill changed to a mesh type(a la ikon sxi) that looks very stylish.....get a teflon finish done and maintain her beauty....
and if u have money left try to spend it inside.....cos ull be spending more time driving it then standing outside ogling at it
btw if u want more suggestions send me the photo of the car!

get all black wheels if u can....one more suggestion
ill keep suggesting whenever i get ideas so keep tuned in

Last edited by frankmehta : 23rd April 2006 at 13:59.
Old 23rd April 2006, 13:57   #11
BHPian

the indica silhoutte is a concept car and it looks far more good than the original indica but far more impractical on road .well u are residing in delhi and the onl way i think u can make it look the best is by giving it to autopysche
Old 23rd April 2006, 14:25   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garvit2002
the indica silhoutte is a concept car and it looks far more good than the original indica but far more impractical on road .well u are residing in delhi and the onl way i think u can make it look the best is by giving it to autopysche
are you'll referring to the yellow indica.. with really low skirting ??
Old 23rd April 2006, 19:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

no an orange one.....
hang on...
here you go...

it looks ok from far....once u get close you see the panel gaps and the frivolous ground clearance the car gets repulsive....everything about this car is stock other than the huge skirts bumper fender and impractical doors......

Last edited by frankmehta : 23rd April 2006 at 19:15.
Old 24th April 2006, 08:23   #14
BHPian

IF you put these on your car...
it will not last 15 min in Bangalore...lol
Old 10th August 2006, 00:49   #15
BHPian

Guys I got a doubt buggin me since 5 days, as far as I know, the old Indica had a diff and boring taillamps (non-clear) and front grill and absence of side bends (or whateva they call those bulges) which the new indica has.....now this new one's style, when did it start and in which all models??? Petrol or Diesel...wanna know like DLS or DLX or.....u knw. Plz mention the year in which this new style was implemented.

Just googled (Images) "TATA Indica 2001", and the new style had "Indica V2 was launched in 2001 "....that confused me even more!

Old Style;

Rear -

Front -

New Style;

Rear -

Front -

Most Viewed