Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2006, 10:37   #16
BHPian

turbo anyday..the sweet sound of the BOV...you'll not regret it!

Old 20th April 2006, 11:05   #17
BHPian

Does anyone know or tell me how much a turbo intercooler will work out.. !! And also a price on the Wide body kit.. !!
Thanks !!
Old 20th April 2006, 12:17   #18
BHPian

ollie, the price depends on what kind of a widebody kit you require. contact dom regarding the turbo intercooler, hey would be able to help you out. There are quite a few people here who can help you out with turbo in mumbai.. My vote goes in favour of the turbo

~cheers
-Ash
Old 20th April 2006, 13:29   #19
BHPian

i think it all depends what you are in for.................asthetics or performance................
Old 20th April 2006, 13:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

Turbos are some of the most complicated things to design. You have to be a genius in fluid dynamics and related streams to design a good turbocharger. So I would strongly suggest paying a premium for a good brand like IHI, Garrett, HKS, etc.

Alok, I think you mean why buy new when you can go second-hand!
Old 20th April 2006, 19:56   #21
BHPian

guys please write more about the 35k turbo.. the costs are pretty tempting.. any pictures or reliability stories?
Old 20th April 2006, 20:27   #22
BANNED

hey ollie nice question

hey ollie i would suggest u to go for a turbo rather than wide body kit...turbo is more worth than a wide body kit..i ve just turbo charged den super charged and finally a progressive nos in my mitsubishi lancer....it is 195bhp top speed 200-infinite need to install a digital speedometer so dat i could get a track of mu cars top speed
cheer~~
Old 20th April 2006, 23:18   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo dragster
hey ollie i would suggest u to go for a turbo rather than wide body kit...turbo is more worth than a wide body kit..i ve just turbo charged den super charged and finally a progressive nos in my mitsubishi lancer....it is 195bhp top speed 200-infinite need to install a digital speedometer so dat i could get a track of mu cars top speed
cheer~~
My my, turbo charged and super charged!! So the engine drives the super charger, which drives the engine, which drives the turbocharger, which drives th engine, which drives the super charger, right? Or were you sold one of those electric superchargers?? Have heard a lot about it from Delhi guys.
Old 20th April 2006, 23:33   #24
bhp
BHPian

turbo anyday .......the best whistle ever heard

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo dragster
cheer~~
hey how about giving us more info on ur ride .....
why doesnt autocar have speedrun in delhi...so many dragsters with some mean machines there
Old 21st April 2006, 11:50   #25
BANNED

Turbo + Supercharger? Dude are you talking about "Surbo" or something like that? What Turbo and Supercharger are you using?

How come you didn't just opt for a twin turbo setup?

195 hp seems a little weak, considering all the mods you've got. Also, have you dyno tested the car, or just making your own calculations?

Ghost, where do you get a turbo setup for 35k? The last person I spoke to said it cost him approx 1.5 lakhs to get turbo+intercooler+bov+internals etc. for his Lancer.
Old 21st April 2006, 12:59   #26
BHPian

Hey that must be a really fast for a Lancer !!!!
Turbo and the n then Supercharger !!

[i]you Drive the car or Does the Car Drive you !![i]

Note from Moderator - Please do not type your entire post in bold.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd April 2006 at 10:06.
Old 21st April 2006, 22:24   #27
TCX
BHPian

Hey people, This would be my first message. Sadly I discovered this forum rather late. I've always desparately wanted to find people to just simply discuss vehicles but unfortunate or not there are very few people out there with genuine interest, most of them just pretend to know or like vehicles, so its a great relief to have found this board.

Anyway so in relation to this topic...

Picture this, you're in your garage or the place that your car is generally parked at, you insert your car key and turn the key to standby, all system checks have been done and your MPFI engine is now ready for ignition, well, so you go ahead and start it to have the tacho jumping between 2 and 3000 RPM in a desperate attempt for the engine to find the sweet spot and 10 or more seconds later the tacho indicates a calm 700 to 900 RPM and the car's ready to move. you put your car in reverse and take it out of the parking spot and you steadily guide it onto an empty stretch and come to a halt as you notice the streets are absolutely silent and there's not a soul around, and just shift back down and the next thing you know you're car's changed angle as a result of the torque-steer and your in second and working your way up but one thing you had not anticipated forgetting that you had fit a nice Turbo kit in your car the day earlier is that the engine goes to reach 2500 RPM in the second gear you notice this lovely hiss "fffffssssssccece" with a solid shove in the rear accelerating the car faster than normal and as the engine goes on to the tacho indicated 4000-5000 RPM you hear a loud hiss "shfff" (provided your windows are down) which, is your turbo's waste-gate now opening to let the over-compressed and unwanted air out and then you notice as all this happens, you've barely shifted to 3rd but the car's crossed a 140-150 Km/Hr, and you notice how short an Indian road is and you slam on your brakes to come to a spinning halt and you're gasping for air, not because of the speed or the way the car stopped but for the fact that you realised how much quicker and how much better your car now sounds.......

Now, if you DO NOT enjoy this you would PROBABLY be better off with a wide body kit rather than the Turbo-charger.

TC
Old 22nd April 2006, 01:33   #28
BHPian

good one tcx..... ................................
Old 22nd April 2006, 10:47   #29
BHPian

Hey Cool !! Dat was really amazing !! I Feel like fitting a turbo right away !!
Thanks dude.. i really felt i was sitting in my Honda City "Turbo"
Old 22nd April 2006, 11:10   #30
TCX
BHPian

Anytime. Glad to help,

TC

Most Viewed