Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2012, 17:01   #31
gemi_kk

Re: After-Market Sunroof?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
- Thanks & No, the cops never stopped me for those Hella's as I never used them in the city. They were only for highway use.
That was a prompt response Vikram.

Now another OT question: According to indian law, we are not supposed to add additional lights to the car. we are supposed to use only the lights which were provided by the manufacturer. Right? I may be wrong too. but i am in this assumption.
Some say that, this varies from state to state, but i am not sure.. any info on this would be good for me.

Old 3rd October 2012, 16:35   #32
BHPian

hi -

Can you help me locate the webasto dealer in bangalore?

Even their website is not working for India now.

Last edited by suneet_ag : 3rd October 2012 at 16:36.
Old 3rd October 2012, 17:07   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suneet_ag View Post
hi -

Can you help me locate the webasto dealer in bangalore?

Even their website is not working for India now.
Seems like Webasto has wound up shop from India
Old 30th October 2012, 14:10   #34
Senior - BHPian

I'm thinking out aloud and the idea may seem ridiculous to some but I wish to get it clear in my head, so please help as I could not get much info elsewhere.

Ever since I was a little boy I loved staring at the sky especially on clear, starry, full moon nights. I used to believe that the moon was following my car wherever we were going and later realised that was not the case. Now cut to the time when I was driving around in a car fitted with a sun-roof. I absolutely loved the fact that the cabin was better lit and I could see the rain-drops fall on the roof during the monsoons. I never particularly kept it open but just having a glass over my head while driving gave me a pleasant feeling.

My question is that can I get a fixed glass roof installed in my Ritz which would extend all the way from the front seating area to the rear seats?? How practical/impractical would it be?? And I specifically want one which does not open but gives a panoramic view and if something like this is available then where and at what cost??
Old 30th October 2012, 14:29   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
...My question is that can I get a fixed glass roof installed in my Ritz which would extend all the way from the front seating area to the rear seats?? How practical/impractical would it be?? And I specifically want one which does not open but gives a panoramic view and if something like this is available then where and at what cost??
That's way too simple. All you need to do is sell your Ritz and buy another car that starts with R. You get it just the way you want. Take a look at this:

After-Market Sunroof?-kau_1812.jpg

Image Credits:

On a serious note, that's not feasible at all on a Ritz. Period.

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 30th October 2012 at 14:34.
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 14:38   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
That's way too simple. All you need to do is sell your Ritz and buy another car that starts with R. You get it just the way you want. Take a look at this:

Attachment 1007856

Image Credits:

On a serious note, that's not feasible at all on a Ritz. Period.
Actually I just happened to see the thread before posting and honestly that very picture did inspire me to do the same in my humble hatchback. Its a pity that nothing this side of 24L can offer me a panoramic roof with the B-class being the cheapest option and hence I raised the question.

Last edited by S2!!! : 30th October 2012 at 14:40.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2012, 00:49   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Seems like Webasto has wound up shop from India
This effectively means that we cannot get an aftermarket sunroof in India today. Inalfa also does not seem to exist.
Old 3rd November 2012, 11:13   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suneet_ag View Post
This effectively means that we cannot get an aftermarket sunroof in India today. Inalfa also does not seem to exist.
Yeah, seems like it sadly.
Old 3rd November 2012, 11:33   #39
BHPian

Bro, I say go for it.
Get a Webasto sunroof only. They provide the OEM sunroofs to VAG [for Skoda Atleast].
Make sure they fit drainage pipes on all four corners of the sunroof that lead out to the 4 wheel arches of the car. that will prevent any sort of leaking. [and you'll have to routinely ensure that the drainage pipes aren't blocked.]
My sunroof used to leak, till i got the drainage pipes cleaned out.
Sprucegoose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 14:55   #40

Those who are looking for aftermart sunroof in Hyderabad. They are available in Webasto store in KPHB besides malaysian township. You can search for Webasto sunroofs hyderabad in Facebook.
dhirajvarma23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2018, 11:05   #41
BHPian

It looks like Webasto is back in India? I have been exploring options to install an after market sunroof in my Duster, and chanced upon the Webasto South India contact, and from him got the contact of the Bangalore dealer (Street Kars, JC Road).

A couple of queries for the forum:
- Since the last post in this thread was a couple of years ago, my request is for anyone in the recent past (say 2016-17) who have installed or know people who have installed any of these Webasto sunroofs? I like the Hollandia 300 NSG Comfort version - anyone with any ideas on that?
- Anybody has visited this Street Kars at JC Road, Bangalore? I'd like to hear some first hand feedback of workmanship of this shop before submitting to such a big modification.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11th February 2018, 17:10   #42
BHPian

After-Market Sunroof?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch_hornet View Post
It looks like Webasto is back in India? I have been exploring options to install an after market sunroof in my Duster, and chanced upon the Webasto South India contact, and from him got the contact of the Bangalore dealer (Street Kars, JC Road).

- Anybody has visited this Street Kars at JC Road, Bangalore? I'd like to hear some first hand feedback of workmanship of this shop before submitting to such a big modification.

Thanks in advance.

I have got a lot of ICE work done from this shop for the past ten years for over 4-5 cars, HU/components/Amps etc and their quality has been fantastic,no issues with wiring/whining etc
The name of the owner is Mr Mahesh
That being said,I think the owner has a webasto sunroof installed on his own swift
Personally,I have never had the guts to go ahead with such a big modification in the aftermarket
You can probably ask him for reference pictures before you go ahead with the installation
I am in no way related to him and have no commercial interest in the same,just sharing my experience
I can share his contact number via PM if you require it
Hope that helps!

Last edited by raghav.carfreak : 11th February 2018 at 17:13.
raghav.carfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2018, 22:09   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
I have got a lot of ICE work done from this shop for the past ten years for over 4-5 cars, HU/components/Amps etc and their quality has been fantastic,no issues with wiring/whining etc
The name of the owner is Mr Mahesh
That being said,I think the owner has a webasto sunroof installed on his own swift
Personally,I have never had the guts to go ahead with such a big modification in the aftermarket
You can probably ask him for reference pictures before you go ahead with the installation
I am in no way related to him and have no commercial interest in the same,just sharing my experience
I can share his contact number via PM if you require it
Hope that helps!
Helps tremendously, thank you! I am in touch (on WhatsApp) with a Mr. Vishal from Street Kars, who I thought was the owner. I'll PM you for the contact of Mr Mahesh. Thanks again.
Old 3rd March 2018, 21:33   #44
Senior - BHPian

Street Kars is really trusty worthy place to shop, He provides Webasto sun roof installation.
Old 15th October 2018, 02:54   #45

Sunroof for Toyota Yaris

Hello Bhpians...
Been here after a long time.

I am planning to buy a Toyota Yaris Sedan and want to know if and what Sunroof can be fitted onto it.

The Top model has a roof mounted AC so I think we can’t use built in type sunroof, may be pop-open style or please suggest which model/brand/type of sunroof can be fitted and what will be the cost. I can also chose a lower model without the roof AC if that makes it easier.

Also help me with best professional dealer who can do this Job.

Regards,
Gagan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks