Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2013, 13:05   #16
BHPian

Re: Custom fabric seat covers

Quality ready made fabric seat covers are hardly available since nowadaysthe majority prefer art leather seat covers for the looks and finish. But as said, fabric seat covers are always the best for our Indian climate. Remember here in Chennai, there is a very old shop in Royapettah who are in the business of making custom fabric seat covers for many decades. But could not remember the exact name. Can someone enlighten.
Old 19th April 2013, 11:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I was looking for fabric seat covers for my Dzire. Was not too keen on art leather due to the sweaty feel one gets after some time. Natural leather, which would be my first choice, is out of budget. So found out a company called Elegant which makes "Europa Microfiber" seat covers. They look good in pics here http://www.elegantauto.in/microfibre...at-covers.html

They also have a large no of dealers here in Bangy which you can check on their site.

I called up Sachins autoshop in Koramangala and he quoted prices of about 6k for the Europa variety. They put the covers over your OE fabric and pin it in place so that it does not crinkle up.

Question. Has anyone installed and used this? and if so what is your experience comfort wise.
goandude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 12:00   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Guys, I was looking for fabric seat covers for my Dzire. Was not too keen on art leather due to the sweaty feel one gets after some time. Natural leather, which would be my first choice, is out of budget. So found out a company called Elegant which makes "Europa Microfiber" seat covers. They look good in pics here http://www.elegantauto.in/microfibre...at-covers.html

They also have a large no of dealers here in Bangy which you can check on their site.

I called up Sachins autoshop in Koramangala and he quoted prices of about 6k for the Europa variety. They put the covers over your OE fabric and pin it in place so that it does not crinkle up.

Question. Has anyone installed and used this? and if so what is your experience comfort wise.

Hi Goandude,

I am in the exactly same spot and am looking for good fabric covers form my rapid. Any idea if sachin's have these covers in stock. Would be great to see them in hand. In pictures they look quite nice. Just wondering how well they will fit. And thanks for sharing this information
Regards,
Manas
Old 19th April 2013, 13:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manas5 View Post
Hi Goandude,

I am in the exactly same spot and am looking for good fabric covers form my rapid. Any idea if sachin's have these covers in stock. Would be great to see them in hand. In pictures they look quite nice. Just wondering how well they will fit. And thanks for sharing this information
Regards,
Manas
He has the samples with him and after you choose one, he gets the finished product in half an hour and take another hour for fitting. As for fitting he assured me that it will fit like a glove
Old 19th April 2013, 13:33   #20
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Elegant seat covers are good. Fit is good.

Iam using them since 3.5 years. Not the top end variety but entry version.

Kumar accessories in JC road is authorized distributor for karnataka. But one can get them cheaper at other outlets in JC road.
rkg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 08:04   #21
BHPian

Anyone from Pune who have got fabric seat covers done? I'm yet to move my lazy butt out in search of fabric covers
Old 16th June 2015, 18:42   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderluster View Post
Delhi (Karol Bagh) is the best place for this. Had only fabric seat covers custom made for all my cars from there. v happy. Moved to Bangalore and could not find anything here. Had to get autoform covers for my scorpio - spent 10k and am extremely disappointed.

Am making a trip to Delhi soon and am planning to bring back covers from there for my cars.
Could you or anyone please mention the shops which can provide good workmanship in Karol Bagh for:
  • Fabric Seat Covers
  • Leather finished seat covers (stitched to order)

I am looking to get new seat covers for my car next week.
Old 21st November 2015, 12:24   #23
BHPian

Is there anyone in Hyderabad specializing in fabric seat covers? Does elegant have a presence there? My sister is looking for fabric seat covers for her CELERIO there.
Old 24th February 2016, 14:53   #24
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manas5 View Post
Hi Goandude,

Regards,
Manas
I am also looking at the elegant microfibre covers. Did you guys end up with Elegant? If so any reviews?
Old 25th February 2016, 19:20   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
I am also looking at the elegant microfibre covers. Did you guys end up with Elegant? If so any reviews?
Quote:
Guys..."Europa Microfiber" seat covers. They look good in pics here http://www.elegantauto.in/microfibre...at-covers.html
It's been one year since I posted in this thread and I'm still looking for fabric covers. I too found Elegant, called up local distributors and did nothing. A friend who got an Elite i20 and has been following my search closely, went to Bafna here in Pune and got the 'Romeo bucket-fit' type covers installed
I'm impressed looking at them in reality. He says some water got spilled and a gentle wipe of the cloth was enough; no seeping it. If I remember right, that costed him around 8k. The fitting and finish are good and can easily pass off as OEM seat covers.

Last week I went to an accessory shop near my house and was shown the different types of materials. A point to be noted is that the snug bucket fit is limited to only some models. The rest are free-fit. If your seats are bucket type then it'd be better to go for the Romeo bucket-fit and other bucket-fit models.
I looked doubtfully at the velvet cloth saying it might wear off; He took a pen and scratched hard at the material to prove nothing happens. I was impressed with a Jute material cover, but sadly they do not make them in the bucket-fit model.
I'll try getting some pics and will post them.
Old 26th February 2016, 13:28   #26
BHPian

Thanks rav11stars
I will be checking our car cupid and a couple of other shops this weekend. Will update my observations
Old 1st March 2016, 11:22   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
It's been one year since I posted in this thread and I'm still looking for fabric covers. I too found Elegant, called up local distributors and did nothing.
Quote:
Thanks rav11stars
I will be checking our car cupid and a couple of other shops this weekend. Will update my observations
@rav11stars and timuseravan- Any update guys? How did you guys find the fit n finish?

I am also on the lookout for Fabric seat covers and contacted a few dealers here in Bangalore. There are so many dealers here that I am not sure which dealer should I go for. Finally the quality of fit will depend on the workmanship of the installer.
Old 1st March 2016, 14:33   #28
BHPian

I visited Car Cuid and he does have Elegant covers. However I felt his custom job is much better option. He can make simple custom or seat form fitting. For non-leather he has three types: fabric, jute and something called baby soft - its almost satin like finish, very smooth to touch.
I am thinking of getting custom fit with fabric contact areas and art leather everywhere else. His quotation was 10-13k which seems reasonable. I will update further once I take a decision and get the covers.
Old 1st March 2016, 15:25   #29
BHPian

Quote:
I visited Car Cuid and he does have Elegant covers. However I felt his custom job is much better option. He can make simple custom or seat form fitting. For non-leather he has three types: fabric, jute and something called baby soft - its almost satin like finish, very smooth to touch.
I am thinking of getting custom fit with fabric contact areas and art leather everywhere else. His quotation was 10-13k which seems reasonable. I will update further once I take a decision and get the covers.
In NOV-2014, i have installed the customized art leather seat cover from car cupid. Till data all is good except one cut in lower side of driver seat. Do not know how that was happen.

Here is the link in my ownership thread.
Read Post-89 onward.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...iga-zxi-6.html
KALINGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 15:33   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
In NOV-2014, i have installed the customized art leather seat cover from car cupid. Till data all is good except one cut in lower side of driver seat. Do not know how that was happen.

Here is the link in my ownership thread.
Read Post-89 onward.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...iga-zxi-6.html
KALINGA, thanks for the update! I had followed your thread when searching for Car Cupid reviews on TBhp
timuseravan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks