Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2012, 23:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

Custom fabric seat covers

Art leather seat covers have really caught up today's customer's fancy. They look good, fit nicely and are getting cheaper and better as well. But, I feel, they are somehow not suited to our Indian climate. So, if comfort is all you want, nothing can beat fabric seat covers.

Having said that, our market really lacks options for fabric seat covers. There are a few local ones and few branded ones, but, not much color choice there.

Hence, the question. How to get custom fabric seat covers made? Folks, please list down the shops where you can get these done (in all cities).

MODS: I did a google search but couldn't find a relevant thread. There is one for Art leather/leather. This is altogether a separate topic, which, I'm sure many folks are looking for answers. I hope this thread serves its purpose and is not deleted.

Thanks in advance.
blue_pulsar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 00:12   #2
BHPian

Re: Custom fabric seat covers

I completely agree. I have an old zen and the fabric seat covers are due for a change. I frequently chat with my friends on the same and all of them like the soft fabric feel and does not want me to go for something on leather/rexin etc.

Thanks for creating a thread on the same. I am also on the lookout for places in Hyderabad where i can get good fabric seat covers made.
Old 12th September 2012, 09:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

blue_pulsar there are umpteen shops in JC Road who specialize in fabric seat covers. I have seen guys adding foam to fabric and then stitching them to the owners specifications. Make a trip to JC road, scout around the various shops there and pick the best place which suits your budget.

ShivajiNagar also has a few shops which specialize in fabric seat covers and a walk in the by-lanes should give you a good idea. The only problem with ShivajiNagar is parking and hence would recommend trying JC road.
Old 12th September 2012, 09:37   #4
BHPian

I faced a similar problem finding good fabric seat covers in bangalore and had to eventually go for art leather for my scorpio after spending 9k. not too happy with them.

I had custom (chose the cloth, design, etc) fabric seat covers for my swift that i had done in Karol Bagh in Delhi for 1500/- and i think they were better (How i miss Delhi!!).
Old 12th September 2012, 09:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
blue_pulsar there are umpteen shops in JC Road who specialize in fabric seat covers. I have seen guys adding foam to fabric and then stitching them to the owners specifications. Make a trip to JC road, scout around the various shops there and pick the best place which suits your budget.

ShivajiNagar also has a few shops which specialize in fabric seat covers and a walk in the by-lanes should give you a good idea. The only problem with ShivajiNagar is parking and hence would recommend trying JC road.
I did make a visit to few of these shops. But they stock cheap quality fabric. Like the ones used in cheap taxis. Can you point to someone who can provide me OEM quality fabric? Lets say the quality of fabric provided in i20 etc.

We can probably discuss one more point here. Most folks (including me) have little idea of types of fabric. Like we have PU, PVC in art leather, nappa in leather. Any ideas?
Old 12th September 2012, 10:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
I did make a visit to few of these shops. But they stock cheap quality fabric. Like the ones used in cheap taxis. Can you point to someone who can provide me OEM quality fabric? Lets say the quality of fabric provided in i20 etc.

We can probably discuss one more point here. Most folks (including me) have little idea of types of fabric. Like we have PU, PVC in art leather, nappa in leather. Any ideas?
The most common one used and what is available in India is called Jacquard Fabric and have various types in this based on the price. Some people call it the non-woven types also. Ask me the difference and I wouldn't know .

Like I said, since you are in need of it and we dont have a thread here, why don't you venture out and come back with some information for us.

Quoting from your 1st post

Quote:
So, if comfort is all you want, nothing can beat fabric seat covers.
The posh feel that leather gives you in unbeatable and there hasn't been any compromise in comfort either. This from my experience and I have leather seats from Ovion in my Scorpio.
Old 12th September 2012, 11:58   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Blue pulsar: I am also in look out for fabric seat cover. Had seen good quality ones in Reliance Auto Zone HSR about year back when I had gone there for some other work. However, this time I went for fabric seats they were having almost none in stock. As per sales guy they have stopped getting new ones and was pushing for art leather.
Old 12th September 2012, 12:24   #8
Senior - BHPian

Even I was waiting to have only cloth covers for my Vento. Had a talk with Evo and he suggested that I can have the contact areas made of fabric and everything else with good quality art leather. See if this meets the requirement.
Old 12th September 2012, 14:48   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Even I was waiting to have only cloth covers for my Vento. Had a talk with Evo and he suggested that I can have the contact areas made of fabric and everything else with good quality art leather. See if this meets the requirement.
That should work for me. Could you please give me his contact details? I'm unaware of Evo. Is he a bhpian? Is it a store?
Old 11th October 2012, 18:32   #10
BHPian

Delhi (Karol Bagh) is the best place for this. Had only fabric seat covers custom made for all my cars from there. v happy. Moved to Bangalore and could not find anything here. Had to get autoform covers for my scorpio - spent 10k and am extremely disappointed.

Am making a trip to Delhi soon and am planning to bring back covers from there for my cars.
Old 25th March 2013, 23:59   #11
Senior - BHPian

This thread hasn't seen much activity for few months and I wanted to check with the folks here if anyone was able to find a good place to get the Fabric Seat covers done.
Old 26th March 2013, 01:09   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
This thread hasn't seen much activity for few months and I wanted to check with the folks here if anyone was able to find a good place to get the Fabric Seat covers done.
For Bangalore it would still be the JC road area. Unfortunately I don't have a specific shop to recommend. Most that I know do art leather seat covers. Try them and see if you get your questions answered.

Otherwise try something like the reliance autozone shops
Old 26th March 2013, 09:28   #13
BHPian

I had seen a shop in koramangala (bangalore) stocking fabric seat covers for a range of cars. The fabric was of almost as good as the OEM covers we get in today's cars. To give a more vivid description they were as good as the black fabric seat covers that Honda City Corporate edition (base version) have. Which I found really appealing and good quality fabrics. But the only catch was he was quoting somewhere around 5000-6000. For me I'd still go for a good looking set of fabrics. In recent long drives I have sweat in my Rapid fabric seats. I can imagine what it'd have been like with leather or art leather. Until some news comes about sunfilm ban being lifted I think fabric is the way to go.
Old 28th March 2013, 12:51   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manas5 View Post
I had seen a shop in koramangala (bangalore) stocking fabric seat covers for a range of cars. The fabric was of almost as good as the OEM covers we get in today's cars. To give a more vivid description they were as good as the black fabric seat covers that Honda City Corporate edition (base version) have. Which I found really appealing and good quality fabrics. But the only catch was he was quoting somewhere around 5000-6000. For me I'd still go for a good looking set of fabrics. In recent long drives I have sweat in my Rapid fabric seats. I can imagine what it'd have been like with leather or art leather. Until some news comes about sunfilm ban being lifted I think fabric is the way to go.
Hi, Please tell me where is Koramangala exactly. I am looking for my Baleno.

Ram.
Old 28th March 2013, 12:56   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramp View Post
Hi, Please tell me where is Koramangala exactly. I am looking for my Baleno.

Ram.
Hi Ram,

It's this accessory shop called "Glamour Auto". Just look for Anup. The shop is located on the road to Forum and right behind the petrol bunk. Let me know when you getting it or after you got it. I too was planning to go to him and check out the fabrics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks