Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2009, 10:09   #136
BHPian

Why not, i have seeing it on PIMP MY RIDE, they install a popping door in a truck, so why cant we do it here, and engine start can be done, psycho has it in his car, he can start his car with the press of a button, but if i remove the face plate and the head unit is stolen then? i dont want it to be stolen, thats why asked.
Old 12th May 2009, 17:04   #137
Senior - BHPian

Hi Prowler, Thats what I meant. This guy has been smart enough not to say no, but effectively he has ensured that you do not go ahead.

So it is better to have these devices installed at the A.S.S. rather than going to an acc. shop, they will assure you that no wiring will be tampered, but you will end up with cut wires and may face warrenty issues later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Thanks m_upreti. I called up TASS here and I was told to go ahead and install the device - subject to the condition that they should not tamper with the wiring harness. How is that possible ?
Old 24th June 2009, 19:10   #138
BHPian

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Need a Manual for Nippon for my Alto. Can anyone help me here Lost the old one.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 24th June 2009, 22:58   #139
Senior - BHPian

I have been quoted Fort Knox remote locking (no sensors) system by Minda for Swift for 2300 bucks. Go, no go? (with bills ofc)
Old 24th June 2009, 23:29   #140
Senior - BHPian

I have an Autocop. Does the job. Only thing is, when kids come to know about the beep it makes when you touch some hot spots on the car, they tend to do it more and more. That irritates me to the core.
Apart from this I also have a Black Cat gear lock, a steering lock (dunno the brand but it is red in color ). Cobra pepper spray and a rounded up pulsar chain that fits my fist in the glove comparment, but that is just in case and for the highway.
Looking out for Wheel locks/nuts.
Am I missing something here ?
Old 24th June 2009, 23:36   #141
BANNED

Autocop Dx - very good, but lock/unlocking sound selection is vry limited

Is there any gear lock which is compatible with chevrolet spark??
Old 25th June 2009, 00:03   #142
Senior - BHPian

a number plate that says "Insured by MAFIA" maybe?
Old 29th June 2009, 16:48   #143
Senior - BHPian

Hi, amazing list of security measures. BTW where do u stay & which car do you own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I have an Autocop. Does the job. Only thing is, when kids come to know about the beep it makes when you touch some hot spots on the car, they tend to do it more and more. That irritates me to the core.
Apart from this I also have a Black Cat gear lock, a steering lock (dunno the brand but it is red in color ). Cobra pepper spray and a rounded up pulsar chain that fits my fist in the glove comparment, but that is just in case and for the highway. Looking out for Wheel locks/nuts. Am I missing something here ?
Old 29th June 2009, 17:04   #144
Senior - BHPian

He he he, yeah thats quite a list and you must be thinking I drive a Ferrari. Nahin brah, I drive a humble Zen. Ok I hear the laughing & chuckling but, sigh..

I will post the pics and the reason behind the purchases maybe tomorrow. I live near BTM Layout.
Old 30th June 2009, 10:10   #145
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
a number plate that says "Insured by MAFIA" maybe?
Hilarious!! Should only be done as a measure of last resort
Old 30th June 2009, 17:31   #146
BHPian

Was just thinking whether having a premium number would deter the thieves to steal the car.

Last edited by Heman : 30th June 2009 at 17:32.
Old 30th June 2009, 19:37   #147
BHPian

Standard Xenos system on my Swift-D, installed about 9 months ago.

PROS:
1. Nice feel to the remote. Much better quality than the other systems out there, Silicone, Autocop, et al.

2. Awesome range. This thing has a range of easily over 60 feet. I live on the 6th floor, and can easily lock and unlock the car from my balcony.
Larger distances than that are also a breeze. My friend's Autocop system on the other hand wont lock or unlock unless he's within 15-20 feet of his car, and his system's about 3 months newer than mine.

3. Good looking remote.

4. Can lock and unlock the car in 'silent' mode if you don't want it to beep.

CONS:
1. When the engine's running and someone opens a door, either from the inside or the outside, it beeps three times LOUDLY. Extremely annoying. The folks at Xenos claim that this is to alert parents when kids in the back open a door. Are you kidding me? What parent wouldn't know if their kid opened a door? And even if that's the case, make it so that you can switch this 'feature' off. But they haven't. I'm stuck with it.

2. When you unlock the car, enter, and shut the door, the seem annoying 3-beep happens if you don't switch the ignition on within 10 seconds. Again... the folks at Xenos claim that it's to remind people to lock their cars when they get out. Are there that many morons out there??

3. I don't think this is a problem with the Xenos system, but with the installation... maybe dealer who installed it has done a piss-poor job. The right rear door won't lock or unlock with the remote. And when I use the driver's side lock to unlock the car from the inside, there's a 1-second lag before the remaining three doors unlock.

Time to call the Xenos guys because the system's under warranty, and have them repair the last issue.
Old 30th June 2009, 20:24   #148
BHPian

Where in Bangalore can I get a Gear lock? I use Swift VDI, what kind of gear lock shd I go for? How much would it cost me?

I have a jing bang Security system from Autocop with motion sensors, battery back-up..etc.etc. And I believe all Maruti swifts come with ICAT.
So, even if the theif manages to blow up my security system, am sure he cannot start my car. right? Pls confirm this for me? So, is there a need for gear lock?
Old 30th June 2009, 20:50   #149
BHPian

Autocop Dx
Simple Safe and Secure
Remote is decent - full black
Convinient too !
Old 30th June 2009, 22:31   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkumargb View Post
Where in Bangalore can I get a Gear lock? I use Swift VDI, what kind of gear lock shd I go for? How much would it cost me?

I have a jing bang Security system from Autocop with motion sensors, battery back-up..etc.etc. And I believe all Maruti swifts come with ICAT.
So, even if the theif manages to blow up my security system, am sure he cannot start my car. right? Pls confirm this for me? So, is there a need for gear lock?
Contact Xenos in Wilson garden, or Minda corp. Google for both, you'll get the address/numbers.
If both fail - Black Cat (Pravin Bajaj is the person INR 1200)
Price 1200 - 1500. Installation 200 (apprx).

Is there a need? Now -a- days, yes!
Peace of mind - affirmative.

Anymore questions ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks