Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2009, 19:16   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
I had a really bad experience with Autocops.I got the premium version installed in my Safari (with ultrasonic sensor, impact sensor, immobilizer etc.)

The impact sensor used to give problems waking up the entire neighborhood on rainy days.

In last 6 months or so, the system was changed 3 times. But every few days, the remote or something else stops working and the car won't start.

Now the funny part which I came to know is that the shelf immobilizer is practically useless. Once you disconnect few cables or push start the car it will be bypassed.

Having being almost stranded in a couple of places due to Autocops (the doors did not open or the car did not start after I opened the doors with keys), I now bypassed the immobilizer.

Even then it is not working as expected. For example, I got it changed couple of days back but today it was giving problems and I had a heated argument with their support.

The company usually sends people within 2/3 days if a problem is reported. However, the system may strand you and there is no point in spending few thousand rupees as the system may be easily bypassed.

I am thinking about changing this to a basic system from some other brand.
Hi,

I have been experiencing similar problem with my autocop setup on my fiesta, am pretty disgusted at the way it works though, the alarm goes off suddenly at midnights without any intrusions and wakes up the neighbours, the only good thing is the gps location finder which i can lock-unlock the car via sms and locate the cars status. rest is useless.
Old 7th December 2009, 08:37   #197
Senior - BHPian

I had a piranha system on my car. The only problem was the range was very less. You had to go right upto the vehicle to unlock/lock it.
Old 13th December 2009, 11:15   #198
BANNED

Well, it seems to be like that Autocop is having lots of problems in T-BHP.

Do we need to move Autocop to "non-recommended" brands of T-BHP!
Old 19th December 2009, 00:11   #199
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys!

I was wondering if we can use electric shocks to protect our cars /deter pesky children and thieves?

I found these - Shocking Electric Modules

I think I'm gonna order one, to check it out!
Old 4th January 2010, 13:04   #200
Senior - BHPian

JetKey Car Security System

Hey guys,

Whats your take on this?

Name:  Jet Key.jpg
Views: 2852
Size:  144.1 KB

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th January 2010 at 19:41. Reason: Reuploading image as JPG so it is directly visible
Old 4th January 2010, 17:40   #201
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hey guys,

Whats your take on this?
But, this is a high-end stuff. Do you know the price ?

FYI, please post the images as JPEG/GIF/PNG from next time onwards.
Old 4th January 2010, 20:29   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
But, this is a high-end stuff. Do you know the price ?

FYI, please post the images as JPEG/GIF/PNG from next time onwards.
Hi Mithun,

Apologies abt the pic. You call this stuff high end? Very frankly, it doesn't look practical to me. Its more of show than actual security.

I dont know why would anyone want their car to open/close automatically whenever you comeclose/move away from the car respectively. If you look at the advertisement, there is alot of talk about the start/stop button and other hi-fi stuff but no mention about actual security features. It is just mentioned that it has basic features like any normal Central Locking System (point 6).

Most Central Locking Systems I know of and personally used like Autocop & Silicon are usually very basic and not fool proof as they just have the basic feature like remote lock/unlock and alarm. I remember a model having UMDs (Ultra Motion Detectors) which were a nusiance if there was a fly hovering around inside your car . The best system I have come across till date and using personally in my Swift is the Xenos Firewall 350 which has saved my music system in my car twice when the glass was broken due to the shock sensor. I believe most security systems dont have this feature.
Old 4th January 2010, 20:43   #203

Im looking for a car security system for my santro Any suggestions ??
I feel there should be a poll in this thread .
Old 18th January 2010, 22:45   #204
Senior - BHPian

Hows this Wheels brand of security systems?
Old 20th January 2010, 17:29   #205
BHPian

Guys i use AUTOCOP DX remote locking alarm system in my swift. I find it useless as it is only used for locking & unlocking the 4 doors. Even the Hatch lid is not engaged with this security system. Once i lock the doors with this remote i could easily unlock the Hatch lid with the key, the alarm doesn't goes on. The alarm goes on only when one of the 4 doors were opened through the key. Thieves can easily enter inside the car with the windshield broken, the security system keeps mum all the way..

Nowadays thieves are so clever that they remove the windshield with some technique without breaking it & also disabling the security system by cutting the connection between it & the battery.

So Help me what type of SECURITY SYSTEM i could upgrade to prevent the theft of my car as well as my ICE
Old 20th January 2010, 17:45   #206
BHPian

Well I have had teh so called secure brand AUTOCOP for a while on two of my cars . As pointed ny others this systen is more of a playing toy (musical one ). Hardly few days of installation and it goes KAput in some way or other . Few issues i can remeber as I write :

Front door (driver side ) not locking on pressing the lock button ,all other doors locked . rectified by the service center

Few days later Rear Co driver side door not locking . rectified by the service center

Put in the key and enter the vehicle , no alarm trigerred at times
5th door (Boot ) not secured for key entry though properly wired to the system .

These problems repeated thenselves a few times on 2 of the cars .
The system had been purchased from a Proper authorised reseller's shop with bill and warranty .

Did everything possible to improve the way it behaves , finally bugged up with the stupid AUTO COP complaints the dealer (a friend of mine) said buddy better change the system This is crap .
Old 20th January 2010, 18:42   #207
Senior - BHPian

I have tried the Xenos has done duty past 5 years on one of my cars. The system installation was below average, initially, the system used go off on its own and later the wiring that was provided developed cracks and used to drain the battery.

I also have tried gear lock and clutch locks.
Clutch locks -> actually are great as they are visible hint to the theif but there is a problem with time it messes the clutch pedal/ mine got loose.

My verdict. Gear locks are best.
Old 20th January 2010, 19:12   #208
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzkid_ram View Post
Even the Hatch lid is not engaged with this security system.
Ask the person who fitted this for you to add a sensor to the hatch (you can have one for the bonnet too, if you want.
Old 24th January 2010, 09:34   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Ask the person who fitted this for you to add a sensor to the hatch (you can have one for the bonnet too, if you want.
Thanx for the info bro.

Quote:
Guys i use AUTOCOP DX remote locking alarm system in my swift. I find it useless as it is only used for locking & unlocking the 4 doors. Even the Hatch lid is not engaged with this security system. Once i lock the doors with this remote i could easily unlock the Hatch lid with the key, the alarm doesn't goes on. The alarm goes on only when one of the 4 doors were opened through the key. Thieves can easily enter inside the car with the windshield broken, the security system keeps mum all the way..

Nowadays thieves are so clever that they remove the windshield with some technique without breaking it & also disabling the security system by cutting the connection between it & the battery.

So Help me what type of SECURITY SYSTEM i could upgrade to prevent the theft of my car as well as my ICE
Any updates for me guys.
Old 24th January 2010, 12:10   #210
BHPian

Autocop

Quote:
Thanx for the info bro.

Any updates for me guys.
I had been using a "Autocop" ( without engine immobiliser) for the past 8 years on my OPEL CORSA. The only problem I faced was that the doors won't open if the car battery is very low, and have to open the co-passenger side door with the key (which is understandable). Otherwise no problem at all.

Looks like I am the only one without any trouble with the "AUTOCOP" here. It may be due to the fact that my system being 9 years old and could have been an original imported one.( Touch Wood )

Most Viewed