Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2010, 22:57   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Car Security System for Spark

Looking for Engine Immobilizer-Key Less Entry for Spark. Please suggest the brand and price.

I hate the impact sensor-sirens. They have become such a nuisance that no one bothers to turn around at a car screaming like hell with the sirens. Doesn't make any difference if the thief is going to drive it screaming
Old 21st June 2010, 13:55   #227
BHPian

Wanted - Remote Body for a broken Autocop Remote

Hi,

I have an Autocop RMT-1 type Anti-theft security systemin my 2002 Model Maruti 800. It is doing fine since 2002.

Now by a slip of hand I dropped my remote (though had dropped it several times) and the body of the remote is broken in the area where we put the screw.

Is it possible to get an empty body in which I can fit my remote components.
Attaching the picture of the remote.

Thanks in advacne!
Attached Thumbnails
Your car's security system's brand & your opinions about it-rmt1.jpg  

Last edited by sureshshanmugam : 21st June 2010 at 13:57. Reason: Attachment is missing
Old 21st June 2010, 14:02   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshshanmugam View Post
Hi,

I have an Autocop RMT-1 type Anti-theft security systemin my 2002 Model Maruti 800. It is doing fine since 2002.

Now by a slip of hand I dropped my remote (though had dropped it several times) and the body of the remote is broken in the area where we put the screw.

Thanks in advacne!
I am sure if you call up the company they will have the shell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi guys,

I have used different brands of Remote Central Locking & Security Systems since the past 12 years. Most of them being from brands like Autocop and Silicon. I am currently using Xenos which I personally feel are the best security systems I have ever used till date due to its various features and value for money pricing.

I dont know if you have noticed, but why are some security systems connected in such a way that when one locks/unlocks the car or alarm activated, the hazzard light blink while in others, the parking lights blink? As far as I know, I think only Xenos is connected in a way where as the parking lights blink. All other security systems are connected in a way where as the hazzard lights blink. Is there any genuine and logical reason for this?

Also, after market security systems come with an additional speaker for the siren where as OEM security systems like available on the Hondas & Corollas use the horn as the siren. Also, when these cars are locked/unlocked their hazzard lights blink but when alarm is activated, the horn sounds and headlights flash. Why cant this be done with after market systems also. I guess they would save some cost on the extra siren speaker?
Hey guys!

No thoughts on my post above? I am surprised none of you have noticed this or curious about why systems are connected differently?

Last edited by bblost : 21st June 2010 at 14:22. Reason: back 2 back post. Please use edit post if posting within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 21st June 2010, 14:28   #229
BHPian

Autocop

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshshanmugam View Post
Hi,

Thanks in advacne!
Below are Autocop dealer / service numbers. Try contacting them & they should be in a position to help you. I called them once when I had an issue with the impact sensor & they were able to fix it.

Ashok - 97909 39913
044-2435 7319
Old 24th June 2010, 21:24   #230
BHPian

Hi. just wanted to know if anyone has a remote to their security system similar to this one-->

sorry for the poor picture quality. its got 2 small buttons on top and one big one below.

please tell me if you have a remote similar to this. I want to buy one like this because i am planning on moving the chip on this remote to a flip key that i am going to buy.

looking forward to your replies.
Old 6th October 2010, 12:29   #231
BHPian

replace or service existing alarm

The car keyless entry remote autocop xs is broken on my 800 and have also issue with one of the door locking mechanism. The autocop service is giving an estimate of 500 for the key + 220 to replace the actuator for the door. They said the siren is also broken but didnt get an estimate for that. I dont use the siren so didnt care for that.

I am thinking if there are new basic alarm system for 1000 - 1500 I thought of replacing the autocop with a new system altogether. Let me know if there are options in this range.

Also, I have seen this alarm which is foldable along with the keys. How much will they cost.

Please advice.

Last edited by ramkris : 6th October 2010 at 12:30.
Old 6th October 2010, 13:24   #232
Senior - BHPian

^^go for new. The wires/actuators will be new = less resistance = less load on battery.

Cheers!
Old 6th October 2010, 14:12   #233
Senior - BHPian

I has this Xenos security system which has the automatic window roll up option also. From the day 1 it is giving so much trouble that when it rains or when I wash the car it starts beeping and the alarm is on until I press unlock. Even after that all the lights start blinking. Called them and every time they come to see that, it works fine. Almost 20-30 times I have given the complaint. Finally they changes the whole PCB board itself. Then on the same day it rained and in the middle of the road itself it started beeping. If this was one off case then I would have kept quite. But this is the case for 3 of my friends who bought the same security system. Even they are facing the same problem. Finally called up the dealer and changing it Autocop. I don't know what is the link between rain and Xenos. Now whenever it used to rain I was removing the Xenos fuse itself.
Old 16th October 2010, 08:49   #234
BHPian

thumbs down on xenos - me too

since my car was scratched recently, i was looking for a security system which will blow siren if someone tries to scratch again in the night.

reading few good recommendations about a xenos system on tbhp threads, i went to their website - Xenos, but was disappointed to find very limited information about xenos products there.

different types of systems are listed, but there is no information about how the systems compare amongst themselves. i am still not clear about what the difference is between a FW 350-1A system and a FW 350-4A system. i kept wondering if 1A indicated one motor for cars with factory-fit central locking, and 4A for 4 motors? or something else? besides there was no clear info about the difference between the FS and FW series.

so i wrote them an email asking these things, and mentioning clearly that i was looking to buy a security system as soon as possible.

i got a call next morning, but i was driving that time, so i told him i would return the call in sometime. i did call in half an hour, nobody picked up. i called thrice later, no answer. nobody even bothered to return the call later. this was a week ago. no call, no reply to email till date.

if this is how they respond to prospective customers, i can only imagine how they will respond to my complaints later on. so xenos, despite me liking it feature-wise, is out. considering autocop now.
Old 16th October 2010, 12:25   #235
BHPian

I have installed Autocop on My ritz, pretty happy with it.
there is no windows uprolling function in it.
someone suggested xenos initially, but after reading this thread I think I've made a right decision.
It is quite reliable and problem free so far.
Old 16th October 2010, 14:52   #236
BHPian

I have Nippon security system installed from the dealer when I bought my Swift in 2005. Till date, there has been no issues with it (touch-wood), and it is still running well and hearty. It features Keyless Entry, Vibration sensor and Engine immobilizer; no windows roll-up though.
Old 16th October 2010, 14:56   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi guys,

I dont know if you have noticed, but why are some security systems connected in such a way that when one locks/unlocks the car or alarm activated, the hazzard light blink while in others, the parking lights blink? As far as I know, I think only Xenos is connected in a way where as the parking lights blink. All other security systems are connected in a way where as the hazzard lights blink. Is there any genuine and logical reason for this?

Also, after market security systems come with an additional speaker for the siren where as OEM security systems like available on the Hondas & Corollas use the horn as the siren. Also, when these cars are locked/unlocked their hazzard lights blink but when alarm is activated, the horn sounds and headlights flash. Why cant this be done with after market systems also. I guess they would save some cost on the extra siren speaker?
Epic, In my swift, the security system is connected to the hazzard lights. And in the Camry, it is fitted to the horn and the head-lights. And its true, the headlight and the horn thing looks really great to see and hear. But truly speaking, I would not get that in my Swift, at least the headlight part, since I have HIDs there. Any ideas anyone, how this different connections are done?
Old 17th October 2010, 10:45   #238
BHPian

Autocop for FIGO

Has anyone added an autocop or a similar security device to the FIGO? The inbuilt system system really does not match with the features provided by autocop. I have a query though, by adding an autocop would it affect the current features provided by default? Can anyone revert on this please?
Old 17th October 2010, 11:25   #239
Senior - BHPian

Standard Nippon security system has been replaced by MicroVBB GPS based black box in my car & the full review can be read here.
Old 1st February 2011, 18:40   #240
BHPian

Re: Autocop for FIGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Has anyone added an autocop or a similar security device to the FIGO? The inbuilt system system really does not match with the features provided by autocop. I have a query though, by adding an autocop would it affect the current features provided by default? Can anyone revert on this please?
I am also looking for the same after acquiring my Figo TDCi Titanium. I am sure Ford has done good work with the current setup, but in the case of a intrusion, the siren is glaringly missing. Any options that can be installed without adding another remote will be helpful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks