Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2006, 13:25   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobinjv
I got a Xenos fitted on my Indica.. Good Stuff.. Excellent range.. The instrument compnay Pricol is manufacturin it.. And service is rather very good..
How much did it cost you? Also, compared to the other similar systems (like Autocop, Fort Knox, Cobra) is it any different?
Old 1st May 2006, 18:58   #17
BHPian

I got autocop and gear lock installed in my accent.

Autocop has basic central locking functions+ engine cut off :- price=3500/-

Gear lock, its directly bolted onto the chassis of the car and nuts are broken, so it cannot be unscrewed.
The thief has to bring a wielding machine to break a gear lock.
price=1000/-

there are two types of gear lock.
U-type:
these look bulky and are visible on top of gears when locked.
mainly for cars like: wagonR,indica,m800,alto etc.

Pin-type: these look chick and dosent mess with the leather which surrounds the gear lever below.
mainly for cars like: accent, city, baleno etc.
Old 3rd May 2006, 23:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

I have a Crosslink Wheels Central locking. With Bill it is 2800 Rs (2100 without bill) it has all those functions like child lock auto lock after 30 sec ignition cutoff touch sensor for the price it is amezing and the service is also good as mentiond by me earlier my mechanic did not know about the central locking 's ignition cutoff and killed my battery in the process and scared me that all the wiring has gone bad. called up the crosslink guys and they came within 15 minutes and fixed it i was very satisfied.
Old 4th May 2006, 08:29   #19
BHPian

I have a Xenos basic remote locking system on my Palio. Got it fitted by TVS cochin before the delivery of the car.

I had problems with it from the beginning. The interior lamp when left in the Door position wud turn on for the slightest bump i hit. Also, changing a CD on my cd player wud also cause the sensor to trigger.

So disabled all things except remote locking for a few months. Then disliked that too..so no more remotes for me.

I would like to get it serviced and brought back to normal. Anyone know the number for serive center in Cochin/Trivandrum.

Also, I wud like to know more about the gear lock. How dos it work? Can it be installed easily, how much wud the whole set up cost. Sorry too many questions.
Old 4th May 2006, 09:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

My car used to have some security system... i think it was autocop. After around 3 years, it went totally bonkers and screwed up central locking as well.
Now, my car is total manual.
Ram bharose kinds...

Amitoj
Old 22nd August 2006, 19:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

I checked at an accessory store and saw the AutoCop Cobra, that had been installed in a car there. It also comes with motion sensors for the interior of the car. Cost = INR 6800/-

I asked regarding the installation method and he said they use tape for securing connections :(

Bangalore members, are you aware of any places that do CLEAN installs with the tap-on connectors and also installers who can put to use the "pull contact sensor" ??

Another thing, our santro doesnt have even Manual central locking, so is there anything I need to keep in mind while fitting the security system?

Im also inclined to going out and checking some of the XENOS systems. Dont bother recommending anything costing over 6-7k

Thanks !!
Old 22nd August 2006, 20:24   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
I checked at an accessory store and saw the AutoCop Cobra, that had been installed in a car there. It also comes with motion sensors for the interior of the car. Cost = INR 6800/-

I asked regarding the installation method and he said they use tape for securing connections :(

Bangalore members, are you aware of any places that do CLEAN installs with the tap-on connectors and also installers who can put to use the "pull contact sensor" ??

Another thing, our santro doesnt have even Manual central locking, so is there anything I need to keep in mind while fitting the security system?

Im also inclined to going out and checking some of the XENOS systems. Dont bother recommending anything costing over 6-7k

Thanks !!

Hey,

Go for the Xenos system only. Don't even think of putting Autocop or Cobra. Xenos comes with a lifetime warranty and will also give you piece of mind. I think it costs approx 5.5k for their best model.

Viper
Old 22nd August 2006, 20:41   #23
SLK
Senior - BHPian

I have ...
AutoCop 5k
AutoCop 5k
AutoCop 5k
Cobra base model

2 Autocop 5K were replaced during the last 5 years... as they went bad.
Old 22nd August 2006, 21:06   #24
Senior - BHPian

Wokayyyyyyyyy.... my intuition turned right.

Thanks Viper and SLK, will go speak to one of the Xenos dealers tomorrow
Old 23rd August 2006, 15:29   #25
BHPian

Xenos, go for it, I will vouch the product anytime.
Old 9th January 2007, 17:16   #26
BHPian

Any good gear lock installers in Bangalore???
Old 9th January 2007, 19:22   #27
BHPian

My Skoda came with a factory fitted security and immobiliser system. I'm more than satisfied with it. Other cars, all have Autocops top models. Never had problems, except battery wear in one case...
Old 9th January 2007, 20:14   #28

Hi Guys.
i was thinking of Fortifying my Maruti Nippon system on my Swift with a gear lock.
What type of key does the gear lock have a normal tumbler key or the dimpled key. I Know our Chors are very smart in making a master key for normal locks. Waiting for suggestions.
Old 14th January 2007, 11:58   #29
BHPian

Me...
I have an Autocop remote car locking system. I actually didnt require any more security systems as it is parked normally in safer places like inside the house at night and in the office parking in the day. for Esteem I have the same Autocop security system and a gear Lock from Autocop. its a pin type lock.
In both the cars the Remotes for the Central locking have been changed three times in the almost two years as all the remote buttons are normally getting bad after being used for every 6 months... I dont think its some fault from the Autocop's manufacturing but its the higher usage ofcourse. But they do have a wonderful service to get these replaced every time.

Autocop A5600 for Indica: Rs 3100 with 2 remotes + 3 yrs warranty

Autocop A5650 for Esteem: Rs 3300 with 2 remotes + 3 yrs warranty

Autocop Pin type Reverse Gear Lock: Rs 800 with 5 yrs warranty

i would rather say the central locking system is just for the convenience to lock and unlock all doors making keyless entries and exits. Yes as Zappo very correctly mentioned that the Central locking system is all gone when somebody makes the connection short by playing with wires below the left indicator near the battery, so a gear lock is more effective and useful.
Old 14th January 2007, 13:17   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelguese View Post
Hi Guys.
i was thinking of Fortifying my Maruti Nippon system on my Swift with a gear lock.
What type of key does the gear lock have a normal tumbler key or the dimpled key. I Know our Chors are very smart in making a master key for normal locks. Waiting for suggestions.
well i was looking for the same thing...but couldnt find it anywhere..so i put the autocop xs system...but i still want to put the gear lock system....

was also thinking at 1 point of time to get those tire locks the cops use for people who park at no-parkings..its a bit heavy and odd but then its a good thing if you park your car on the road in the night.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks