Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2009, 19:20   #121
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

I have the factory fitted Mahindra Genuine Accessory (MGA) Nippon security in my Scorpio mHawk, but unfortunately there is no manual provided.

Features:

1. Keyless entry with remote central locking/unlocking
2. Mute option
3. All 5 doors protection
4. Starter Immobiliser
5. Personalised Pin Code (I am yet to set it)
6. Valet Mode

Missing:

1. Auto lock on starting the car.
2. Impact sensor

I am told that these features need to be enabled by the Dealer / Nippon service person

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased an Alto LXi in May 2008, got a Maruti Genuine Accessory (MGA) Nippon secirity system fitted at the dealer itself.

Its features are as follows:
1. Its a clamp-on system & therefore, no cutting/splicing of original wiring
2. Keyless entry with remote central locking/unlocking
3. Two stage impact sensor
4. Door/Trunk/Bonnet protection
5. Starter Immobiliser
6. Auto Rearm
7. Valet Mode
8. Passive Arming & locking
9. Anti Hijack mode
10. Personalised Pincode

This system comes with a 3 year warranty. Its been close to 3 months now and I have not had any problems with this system. Initially, the doors used to unlock when I turned off the ignition at traffic lights, but I tweaked that by reading through the manual and disabling the feature. The doors automatically lock once the vehicle crosses a speed of 20 kmph which is very useful.

Also, my Alto LXi comes factory fitted iCATS system so I got this security system for added convenience and safety. I paid Rs. 5,200/- for this.
Old 12th January 2009, 00:30   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
I got Nippon Central locking + remote system from Maruti dealer. Would not recommend it to anyone.

It comes with horrible documentation and is difficult o configure/tweak.
Me too going for the MGA security system, why do you say it is not good? Is the documentation the only reason?

BTW can you pass me the documentation?

I have just booked an Alto LXi. taking the Nippon security system as an add-on from the dealer itself. Can you pass me some kind of documentation of the security system, since I want to know whether thepower windows also go up automatically when I lock the car (I am taking front power windows as an accessory also)

Also what is auto rearm and Passive arming & Locking.

Last question. Does it also have boot release?

Does anyone have any idea of Nippon website?

Also does MGA (Maruti Genuine accessories have any website where I can download Manuals?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th January 2009 at 09:29. Reason: see note in post
Old 12th January 2009, 12:47   #123
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heman View Post
Me too going for the MGA security system, why do you say it is not good? Is the documentation the only reason?

I have just booked an Alto LXi. taking the Nippon security system as an add-on from the dealer itself. Can you pass me some kind of documentation of the security system, since I want to know whether thepower windows also go up automatically when I lock the car (I am taking front power windows as an accessory also)

Also does MGA (Maruti Genuine accessories have any website where I can download Manuals?
Hi there,

You will get a detailed manual for your car when you take delivery. If you don't get a manual, ask the dealer to give you one as every box comes with a manual which is passed on to the owner once the install is complete. The documentation is fairly easy to read but take your time on going through it before you set out to tweak your system.

The MGA Nippon security system (I have the same one in my Alto) does not have the feature of the auto wind up of the windows as far as I know.

Auto rearm is a function works like this - once you click on the unlock button on the remote and dont open any door for 30 seconds, the car will automatically lock itself and rearm all sensors.

Cheers,
gpa

Last edited by gpa : 12th January 2009 at 12:49.
Old 12th January 2009, 13:38   #124
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Suggest you go for an Auto Cop for a Maruti, I had an excellent system (AutoCop XS) in my Wagon R the batteries for 1 remote lasted for years the other one was still going strong after 5.5 yrs until I sold the car.

The features included:

1. Remote locking / unlocking
2. Silent mode
3. Reverse alarm (which I deactivated)
4. Auto locking on ignition if all doors are closed
5. Auto locking after 30 seconds of all doors closing
6. Impact sensor
7. Remote was able to function up to over 50 mts real helpful in Delhi car parkings where they keep the car in neutral & move it at their will.
8. You can set the senstivity of impact.
9. Extremely simple & good documentation.

The boot release was not available.

My Scorpio mHawk has a OEM Nippon system which is pathetic:

1. The senstivity is less than 20 mts
2. No impact sensors (I am told they are there but they need to be
activated the car dealer has no idea, will have to speak to the Nippon
guys)
3. Auto locking after ignition has to be activated, again Nippon engineer
required.
4. The remotes have already started giving trouble, have to press 3-4 times
before I get any response.
5. Auto locking after all doors are closed & no key in ignition is not there.
6. As this is a n factory fitted system No Documentation was provided.
7. No reverse alarm (which is ok since the MV Act makes it illegal)

Auto re arm is auto locking in 2 conditions:

1. All doors are closed & the key is turned in the ignition.
2. All doors are closed, no key in the ignition, this is after a set period of
time, say 30 sec as per the setting done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heman View Post

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.
Old 9th March 2009, 16:32   #125
BHPian

warranty issues with the security system

Hello All,

If we install the security system from local accessories shop, does it void the warranty!
If no, then what all things to take care to avoid the voiding of warranty! And even if we take care of these things, will it be acceptable to the dealer/company!
If yes, then are we forced the buy the security system from the dealer only!

Thanks..
Regards
Gaurav

Car: i10
security system interested in: autocop (or pls suggest a better one for i10)
Old 9th March 2009, 22:44   #126
BHPian

Just make sure that the security system is installed without cutting of any wires i.e. using the harnesses and it shouldn't be a problem with the warranty.Till no wires are cut I dont think the dealer has any reason to Void warranty.
Old 10th March 2009, 10:27   #127
BHPian

have a silicon remote locking system on my car has been working well for the past two years with no issues. Also have the wheels smart card transponder system.Its works only when it senses the card otherwise the supply to the ecu remains cut of because of which the the igniton , fuel pump etc does not switch on , or rather in one word the car has no power,comes with anti hijacking mode as well so if you are waylaid you just have to remove the card from the vicinity of the sensor and after 15 secs the car immobilises automatically with the hazard signals coming on..It also has the window up module so when i lock my car the windows roll up automatically.

Silicon remote lock 3.1 k

Smart card transponder sys 5.5 k

windows roll up module 1.5 k
Old 10th March 2009, 10:34   #128
Senior - BHPian

Just installed Autocop DX base model for my Spark. Have been using slightly advanced model of Autocop XS for past 2.5 years on my 800 with no issues at all save for a remote battery change last weekend for 50 bucks.

The base model for the Spark came for INR 3.200. Remote access, central locking, automatic lock-unlock with ignition, and alarm if unlocked with the key and not the remote, plus some more features that I cannot recollectoffhand, including, I think, sensors attached to the bonnet. No reverse siren, thankfully.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 10th March 2009 at 10:35.
Old 16th March 2009, 14:45   #129
BHPian

Last time when Fort Knox was installed, the installer had to cut and splice the wires feeding the door lock (both the sensor as well as the door lock actuator). So my worry is the dealer may crib that the wiring has been tampered with voiding the warranty. Any views on this ?
Old 16th March 2009, 17:31   #130
Senior - BHPian

The dealer is bound to crib, if you are unfortunate enough to have some
problem which requires warranty.

But it will depend from manufacturer to manufacturer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Last time when Fort Knox was installed, the installer had to cut and splice the wires feeding the door lock (both the sensor as well as the door lock actuator). So my worry is the dealer may crib that the wiring has been tampered with voiding the warranty. Any views on this ?
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:06   #131
BHPian

Thanks m_upreti. I called up TASS here and I was told to go ahead and install the device - subject to the condition that they should not tamper with the wiring harness. How is that possible ?
Old 24th March 2009, 12:48   #132
BHPian

autocop

finally installed the autocop from hyundai only.. other option was Nippon.. price was same..
costed me rs4300.. it has ignition lock.. the basic one without the ignition lock was approx rs2500 (didnt bargained on this)
Old 2nd May 2009, 22:16   #133
BHPian

I got a Xenos Failsafe 180 4A installed today. It's the basic Central Locking device in their range. I cost me 3K from Glix in Kolkata. My requirement was just getting Manual Central Locking for my ALTO and since this one came for just 1K more than the Manual version I decided to go for this one. Takes care of all my requirements from a Car Security system.
Old 2nd May 2009, 23:10   #134
BHPian

Hi i really dont know if this is the correct topic or something else but this is the closest.
I want a security system which has -
Keyless entry
Immobilizer
Audio, engine, doors, boot and fuel lid protection
Also door opening, atleast popping doors.
Head lights, neons, music system, etc on and off with the button.
Car start up if possible.

I really dont WANT but ya i want, if it is possible under a sensible budget then yes i would like to get, else a nice old security system with immobilier is fine, just want to know as in terms of information and maybe buying prospect.
Old 3rd May 2009, 10:03   #135
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
Keyless entry
Immobilizer
Audio, engine, doors, boot and fuel lid protection
Also door opening, atleast popping doors.
Head lights, neons, music system, etc on and off with the button.
Car start up if possible.
Except fuel lid and music system protection, everything is standard with even entry level systems.

Fuel lid?? You mean no remote fuel lid release?

And not all HU (music systems) are compatible with a security system. You may be better off taking out the face plate.

I am not sure if door opening is possible on any system. Engine start, is asking for too much.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 3rd May 2009 at 10:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks