Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2008, 15:15   #91
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I gotta admit, Autocops service is par excellence. The remote on my 4 year old unit (Vtec) conked off, while the interior motion sensors were not working either. My office gave them a call on wednesday, following which their technician came by on thursday itself. We opted for their AMC plan, and all problems were sorted out on the spot. They even replaced the two older remotes with brand new ones.

This level of exemplary service is what makes organisations run a long race.
Old 5th April 2008, 17:01   #92
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> Please let me know more about movement detectors and where can I get
> them in Bangalore or any dealers in India?

The ones I mentioned came with the Autocop setup in my Marina.

They detect movement and activate the alarm.

Do contact the dealer and get the information regarding the motion detectors. I could not find a website for the Nippon security systems.

Sorry not be of much help!
Old 8th April 2008, 23:35   #93
BHPian

I am getting my i10 Era day after tomorrow. The dealer is recommending me to go for Hyundai security system which comes w/ remote locking and reverse siren. Cost is Rs. 2250.

Remote locking is fine but I don't want the annoying reverse siren all the time. I asked them for a switch and was told that the security system's reverse siren wire has to be cut off and another one has to be kept. Its cost is Rs. 500.

Should I go for the above combination or is something else better? Any help is appreciated.
Old 9th April 2008, 00:27   #94
Team-BHP Support

srikat, most after market remote locking systems come with a remote that let you turn off that reversing siren. In my Minda Huf (brand FortKnoxx) system the lock and unlock button when pressed together shuts off the siren. Extremely handy while reversing early in the morning and the neighborhood is half asleep or late at night when even dogs bark if that siren wails.
Old 9th April 2008, 02:10   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
srikat, most after market remote locking systems come with a remote that let you turn off that reversing siren. In my Minda Huf (brand FortKnoxx) system the lock and unlock button when pressed together shuts off the siren. Extremely handy while reversing early in the morning and the neighborhood is half asleep or late at night when even dogs bark if that siren wails.
I agree with that. I have a Minda Huf (Fort Knoxx) which has similiar features.
Mine costed around 3000/- with basic features of locking and unlocking the dors and tailgate.
Minda has an excellent service backup ( My system was services on a flooded monsoon day in Kolkata, after I waded through water to my office). However, I felt that the hardware is a bit tacky in nature. The push switch on the tailgate gets damaged very often.

I was planning to chaneg to Autocop, but after going through the thread I think I should go for Xenos. Are there any dealers in Kolkata ?
Old 9th April 2008, 06:46   #96
BHPian

I will enquire about Xenos. Hopefully it has a remote locking with a switchable reverse siren. Any recommendation for a shop in Bangalore?
Old 9th April 2008, 10:58   #97
BHPian

Got this via email --- Car security devices..
Attached Thumbnails
Your car's security system's brand & your opinions about it-004_pics.jpg  

Your car's security system's brand & your opinions about it-001_signalizaciya.jpg  

Attached Images

ramki067 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2008, 11:43   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Got this via email --- Car security devices..
That last one was hilarious!! Looks like a big flat bottomed pot put over the steering. Imagine carrying that all day in the WagonR trunk
Old 9th April 2008, 11:58   #99
BHPian

I have Xenos remote locking and security system installed on my Ikon and its running over 3 years without an slightest glitch. And i dont remember the cost for Xenos as i installed ICE, 3M sunglasses, Xenos and other accessories for 25K
Old 9th April 2008, 12:36   #100
BHPian

Company fitted in my i10 is not good,either.It does not give a beep sound when locked/unlocked,but only the indicators light up twice when unlocked and once when locked.

When i asked the dealer about this,the only reply i got was "Factory designed".The only option i have is to uninstall the company fitted remote locking and get a after market one.
Old 9th April 2008, 14:32   #101
Senior - BHPian

I got Nippon Central locking + remote system from Maruti dealer. Would not recommend it to anyone.

It comes with horrible documentation and is difficult o configure/tweak.
Old 14th April 2008, 19:14   #102
BHPian

Superb Service by Autocop

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I gotta admit, Autocops service is par excellence. The remote on my 4 year old unit (Vtec) conked off, while the interior motion sensors were not working either. My office gave them a call on wednesday, following which their technician came by on thursday itself. We opted for their AMC plan, and all problems were sorted out on the spot. They even replaced the two older remotes with brand new ones.

This level of exemplary service is what makes organisations run a long race.
Hi GTO,
I agree with you 101%
Autocop guys are superb when it comes to service
Not that their products are not good. They are damn good
I got a top of the line cobra for my santro for 8,000 in 2002 and it has never failed me except for glitches twice, which were solved promptly and no false alarms from the motion sensors that my friends had warned me

On one occasion one of the functions was not working, and the technician came within 3 hours of my calling. Changed the main unit and gave me two new remotes as the old remotes refused to be programmed with the new main unit.

And on few occasions, the support through telephone solved my problems.
Kudos to them

I have just booked a new Innova and plan to buy the cobra ( autocop )
Any Innova owners here have fixed the autocop ? would appreciate feedback

I was told by the company guy that there is a mid end model for 6.6K and one lower end for 5.6k. He told me to avoid the top end model as it comes with shock sensor which is not liked by everyone. Any suggestions guys ?
Old 15th April 2008, 14:01   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XetaGLGRocks View Post
I was planning to chaneg to Autocop, but after going through the thread I think I should go for Xenos. Are there any dealers in Kolkata ?
Most accessory dealers would have Xenos. I got mine installed through Glix.

I have Xenos installed on my Lancer and Santro. The Lancer has a very basic model which cost less than 3k, while the Santro one is slightly more advanced, and cost me Rs. 3250 (incl. installation). It's one of their newer models, Failsafe 180, and has basic locking/unlocking, ignition control door locking/unlocking etc. There was a glitch in the system though - the door ajar light and hazard lights would come on if the car jerked a bit (mainly felt during hard acceleration or while going over potholes). Called Xenos up, and they sent a man over within a couple of hours. We were thinking that the door sensors could be the problem, but he identified the main head unit as the culprit. It will be changed tomorrow, no charge of course.
By the way, this system comes with a 3 year warranty and not a lifetime one. The basic setup in my Lancer has a lifetime warranty though.
Old 15th April 2008, 14:26   #104

With all this iCATS and such jigina, will I need any such security system for SX4? I know that car theft != car parts theft.

What gear locking would one recommend for use with the SX4 and where can I get it in Bangalore?
Old 15th April 2008, 14:30   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Most accessory dealers would have Xenos. I got mine installed through Glix.

I have Xenos installed on my Lancer and Santro. The Lancer has a very basic model which cost less than 3k, while the Santro one is slightly more advanced, and cost me Rs. 3250 (incl. installation). It's one of their newer models, Failsafe 180, and has basic locking/unlocking, ignition control door locking/unlocking etc. There was a glitch in the system though - the door ajar light and hazard lights would come on if the car jerked a bit (mainly felt during hard acceleration or while going over potholes). Called Xenos up, and they sent a man over within a couple of hours. We were thinking that the door sensors could be the problem, but he identified the main head unit as the culprit. It will be changed tomorrow, no charge of course.
By the way, this system comes with a 3 year warranty and not a lifetime one. The basic setup in my Lancer has a lifetime warranty though.
The warranty is 5 years on Xenos products. Thats their definition of lifetime warranty. The estimated life of these products is supposedly 5 years.

Its the same thing as "Lifetime Free Prepaid/Incoming" which is technically valid for 7 years.

Most Viewed